It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Saucer (UFO) Filmed From Jet Window

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Good Day Forumerions,

Here's video of a classic Flying Saucer paralleling a jet aircraft of some sort. Is it the real deal or CGI?

Watch video . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Forumerions,

A quick observation: one would think the camera would follow the saucer as it goes up towards the wing, opposed to staying in a fixed position.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This has already been posted in another thread. I'm not sure which one at this time but if I remember correctly most thought of it as a CGI hoax due to the lack of excitement from the people in the background.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Good Day QBSneak000,

Originally posted by QBSneak000
This has already been posted in another thread. I'm not sure which one at this time but if I remember correctly most thought of it as a CGI hoax due to the lack of excitement from the people in the background.

I did a quick check to see if I could find it, and didn't (perhaps not thorough enough).

I tried to distinguish the audio, so far without luck; however, one would think it would easily be distinguishable, as well the camera following the object more closely.

--FW

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Frank i respect your blog but watch out for CGI because this obvious is CGI in my opinion.
And i do know how CGI works.
Too many ufo people are posting hoaxes as the real thing. If Ufology becomes a religion the people in power of the technology will have exactly what they want.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hey MODs, I think that we should close this thread up... this CGIed video clip seems to get posted on here every 2 or 3 weeks and is really at the end of it's discussion.. besides, there are other threads on this.

thanks!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Good Day abovetech,

Originally posted by abovetech
reply to post by Frank Warren

Frank i respect your blog but watch out for CGI because this obvious is CGI in my opinion.
And i do know how CGI works.
Too many ufo people are posting hoaxes as the real thing. If Ufology becomes a religion the people in power of the technology will have exactly what they want.

Thanks for the kind words; however, let me be clear, I merely posed a question. Moreover, "I try" not to make assumptions (either way) without investigation or analysis of some sort.

As mentioned previously, "on quick observation" one would think there would be a "commotion" heard in the background as well as "animated" camera movement in the same context; that said, I don't feel there is enough data to make those assumptions either; "it's possible" there could be plausible explanations for those presumed anomalies (playing devil's advocate in contrast to CGI).

Finally, although "I try" to start from a neutral position, it's natural for me to be skeptical, and Sagan's "other" words are always in the back of my mind, i.e., "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

IMHO I don't think it's "obvious" CGI," if that's what it is, it's great!

Cheers,
Frank

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Frank Warren]

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Frank Warren]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
One doesn't need to know anything about CGI to realize videos like this are complete and utter bunk.

If the video is short, showing a small clip of an "alledged" UFO and there is nothing to follow it up on, no reactions from the people filming it, no corroborting what should be witnessed by a good many people....it's fake. Case closed.

Common sense should prevail when considering video "evidence" such as this. We do the same things when people post their childish made up stories and "predictions"....we can pretty much point out where the story doesn't make sense and the whole thing smells fishy...no different for video evidence.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Warren
Good Day Forumerions,

Here's video of a classic Flying Saucer paralleling a jet aircraft of some sort. Is it the real deal or CGI?

Watch video . . .

I saw this video on YouTube some time back. It could be CGI but I must point out that the design, unless it is occupied by tiny beings, does not appear to have room for occupants. It looks more like a flying tupperware lid ; / The design just flies in the face of functional dimenstions from what I can see.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
As said, there's already a discussion about this video:
this was originally composed by a crappy quality cgi, ad a story.

UFO FROM Plane
Added: March 05, 2008
A UFO captured from the window of a Blue Panorama flight from Rome to Paris, on april the 29th, 2006

www.youtube.com...

On March 10, the story is DEAD.
I've called Blue Panorama Airlines, and the manager of public relations, Mr. Gianni Todini, told me clearly that the didn't covered the air route Rome Paris on 2006, hence they didn't on April 29, 2006: he also told me that he rules out that twhat wee see is one of their flights.
So in order to believe that this one is genuine, you need to believe that the author of the video provided a fake story with a genuine video.
Another CGI artist, LotharArtist, has sent this one as video response:

The author of the video has been invited many times to join ATS but he has never answered. If you look at some other videos from planes perhaps you will notice that this one is the only one with the widow that sucks: why? Because the "genius" who made it needed to hide all the glitches and the fingerprints of the post processing. The video posted by LotharArtist looks thousand times better.

[edit on 5/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Good Day IgnoreTheFacts,

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
One doesn't need to know anything about CGI to realize videos like this are complete and utter bunk.

In the original thread (which I overlooked) there are logical, sound arguments in support of the notion that the video is indeed CGI. In corroboration of those arguments there are illustrated observations, and actual "field investigation" done by one ATS member by contacting the Airline that the video was attributed to in the original post on Youtube--in short this is research, and although the the theorems presented for CGI agree with your view, they're not made by proclamation.

If the video is short, showing a small clip of an "alledged" UFO and there is nothing to follow it up on, no reactions from the people filming it, no corroborting what should be witnessed by a good many people....it's fake. Case closed.

Again, "research by proclamation" isn't prudent to be polite. Moreover, "there are" things to follow up on, and some in this forum have done just that. In playing devils' advocate, the video is only 19 seconds long; just because "expected" reactions aren't' heard, doesn't mean there weren't any. Stating that "many people 'should have' witnessed the event" doesn't make it so. Again, "proclaiming it's fake" doesn't make it so, and won't wash, particularly in this forum.

Common sense should prevail when considering video "evidence" such as this. We do the same things when people post their childish made up stories and "predictions"....we can pretty much point out where the story doesn't make sense and the whole thing smells fishy...no different for video evidence.

"If" consideration is given to what is labeled as "evidence" or "proposed evidence" then "common sense" dictates that there should be a methodology employed, preferably scientific in nature to determine said evidence's validity. Theorems, opinions, and or conjecture made without examining said evidence in toto, or the components thereof, are baseless and are flat on their face.

Research by proclamation isn't research.

Respectfully,
Frank

new topics

top topics

join