It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep, Work, Sleep, Work, A bit of fun, Sleep, Work...Are we just living to please the government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I often sit and moan to myself about the state of the government and taxes and house prices and fuel prices and food prices etcetera etcetera blah blah but I have really started thinking about the dynamics of my life.

Ok monday morning I get up and work until maybe 6pm, then I have to eat and I watch the news (of course the government shows me what they want me to see) I then maybe see some friends or family for a couple of hours before going to bed or watch more TV... then I get up and work and the cycle continues until the weekend where I have the choice of staying at home, or spending more money (even the free things cost to some degree because of travel and food!).

At the end of the month payday comes and what happens, almost a third of my salary is taken by the greedy government... remember they have been ripping me off throughout the month with interest, VAT, fuel tax, road tax, council tax and now income tax and national insurance.

You have to ask yourself, how is this justified? What am I getting for all this money I feed the government with? I rarely use medical or emergency services (and when I need medication i have to pay for it despite the fact that my national insurance apparently contributes to the NHS), local services are absolutely useless, the police don't really police the area, they send their minions (community support officers) out who have no power to deal with an incident.. i know that is the decision of the government and not the police directly, I know they do the best they can do and i respect what they do.

So in a nutshell, i work hard five days a week for most of the year and for all of this hard work, the government gets around 65% (or more?) of my earnings.

I want to eat proper food, pay my way and earn my OWN money to enjoy my life. Instead many of us have to resort to credit because we can't afford everyday necesseties like.. A HOME, furniture and utility bills despite having a job. The gov love this because it means more money in the way of interest being poured into the economy.

Ok, where does this money go.. to the armed forces on a war that most of us don't want, it pays the ridiculously high salarys of the politicians, It buys banks that are in trouble, it pays into the transport system which usually means delayed trains, missing buses, bagage getting lost at T5 Heathrow and the occasional strike because the people driving the transport industry aren't getting payed enough. Oh and then there are the secret government operations which probably cost millions or billions, but we are not allowed to know about them of course.

If anyone can explain to me how this is justified then please do, or if you are sick of the ridiculous taxes imposed on us all let me know your thoughts. Surely there is a better way to run a country than to take money from us in this way?

Edit to say to Mods that this isn't in BTS or Abovepolitics because it is to highlight that beneath the supposed need for these taxes, we are just the worker ants supporting the governments, what our money may be used for behind our backs and their ruling over the entire world!

[edit on 4-4-2008 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yes, we are sentient parts in this machine. We are kept in operable condition through tactive use of information impression and suppression, we are happy because we have what we "need" (not talking about anyone particular, moreso the genereal pop.)

If the parts of the machine failed to show up, fit in place.. equality will be restored, the machine is done away with and the organic living body of humanity can finally come back to light. When a machine fails though, it can sometimes be loud, dangerous, deadly even. We fuel our illusion.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Seeing as your on the otherside of the world and we see things the same way, it cant just be a Government or country thing. Its not justifed or justifiable.

Its the people who run the world for some reason they feel they have to aquire all the wealth and keep all the knowledge.

We are nothing but slaves, born into the world we live.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Since the short answer is "yes" and that would be a one word/one sentence/one line reply, I will have to make this a run-on sentence to satisfy the ATS posting requirements by stating that both situations are equally exasperating. Actually, I don't think I could compose a run-on sentence if I tried. I'm too well-programmed.

We exist to serve The Master.

[edit on 4/4/08 by Sleuth]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I agree 100%
but what makes it even more dehumanizing is that we go thru this routine desperately alone
- its only our personal comfort and well being that is at stake if we don't comply with the programme
- there will always another anonymous automaton ready to take our position if we choose not to play along -- the system continues on its merry way of enriching the PTB
its amazing tho how easy it is to downscale and get by with less work and less stuff when you do give it a try
even tho I feel sometimes like I am betraying the system when I do it
I am at the point where I get a visceral reaction (anger) every time I see a commercial trying to convince me I should buy something I really don't need, or the government spends tons of $ on some stupid junket or project that serves no real purpose to the average citizen
I also can't help feeling anger towards the seeming myriads (including close friends) who go along passively and blindly with the program

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well you do have a choice.

1) Be a part of the rat race
2) Drop out

Its set up in such a way where its not easy to go against the system unless you go renegade and live in the wilds of Alaska or somewhere remote.

Really there is no escape. The best you can do is follow the routine of work and raise a family and squeeze as much happiness as possible along the way.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Yep we are pleasing that government no matter what.
If your homeless you must be paraded about by the government.
If you have a home you are paraded about by the government.
No matter what everything always loops back to the government. It makes life so much harder to live and can't really stand them for it.

Kind of makes me yearn for the simple life once more of a middle school or high school kid once again...Boy those were some good times.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

I know exactly what you mean. It's true that money doesn't bring happiness or as biggie smalls said, "mo' money, mo' problems". The days of being a kid and being looked after were taken for granted eh?

I saw a documentary a few months ago about a tribe form the island of tanna and they didn't rely on money or trade, they got by with what they had in their local environment. They came to the UK and were disturbed by what they saw, how inhuman western civilization is. They are always happy back home and have nothing to worry about whatsoever. That is how it should be but it's too late now.

I'm not depressed about it though
, I will have to live my life how i'm supposed to live it according to the 'guvna' and hope that it pays off when i reach the autumn of my life.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

That is if there isn't a reset button that is pushed somewhere down the line, ridding us of money. If so I wanna press it

Yeah only hope that the government doesn't screw us over in the end, but it seems right now we have been royally screwed over not once or twice but three times. Really makes me wish we didn't have to incorporate that stupid system of money

new topics

top topics

join