It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible black hole on Google Sky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I was surfing Google Sky when I spotted a few photo rectangle and square shaped photo anomalies. After zooming in, I recognized these anomalies as changes in the optics' light filters and, zooming in on one of these even further, found this interesting image:

www.google.com...

DEC: -69 3' 40.7"
RA: 5h 38m 40s

or

mw1.google.com...

or

(I hope these images show up correctly.)

You can see in the top left corner a large, black, circular blot in the midst of a cloud nebula. Kind of seems out of place with the rest of the image. Of course this could be anything, including another photo glitch, but (and this is just speculation) could this be a possible black hole or bending of light do to some massive gravitational force?

Can anyone out there who is more knowledgeable about astrophysics and astronomy shed some light on this, or gauge how far away this anomaly is, or how large?

[edit on 4/4/2008 by imovestars]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just recently learned of Google Sky's existence. After how addictive Google Earth proved to be, I figure I'm going to be poking around the heavens quite a bit on there.

Question in regard to Google Sky in general: Can the Dec. and Right Ascension be typed in at all, or is it just manual navigation to the proper coordinates?

Concerning the above post:

Surely if we had photographic evidence of something as important as a black hole our government would have told us about it...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I can't seem to find a manual input for DEC and RA either, which seems rather odd considering the experience Google has already had with Google Earth. I am hoping that they will rectify that problem soon.

Someday we will all be plotting our interstellar trips through the universe with typed-in A to B coordinates on Google Sky, just like we all do for long car trips from Vegas with strippers in the trunk using Google Earth and Google Maps.

I have to wonder though why these specific sections (there are 4 such square sections in that area alone where the filters/resolution were altered) were chosen to be photographed and/or displayed with higher resolution. There must have been something of note in these sectors worth a closer look to researchers.

Of course our government would allow "scientists" to tell us about important things like existing photographs of black holes should they exist, Sheeple. Besides, if anyone wanted what was in our skies censored, why would Google Sky exist with all of its possibly NASA pre-screened images anyway? As a government employee I can tell you that there is no reason to hide anything at all. And don't call me Shirley.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Likely, it's just a dust cloud between here and the nebula, blocking out the light.

join