It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salyut 6 UFO Sighting..interesting indeed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacebotso we must assume a physiology capable of supporting 4 to 5 fingers ,1 being an index finger

Of course, you meant 'thumb'.

If weight under gravity isn't an issue, then these might be robots. Otherwise, think payload. If these were ebes, either their facial structure is different (many animals on this planet cannot provide facial expressions) or they were actually wearing suits.

On the whole, I would insist on significantly more evidence that this event actually took place. An entry in wiki is no arbiter. And anyone with any imagination could come up with a scenario that would make the most guarded of us scream "Cover Up! Conspiracy! Release the Video!" when in fact no video exists, adue to the fact that the event never took place.

So, much more independently sourced evidence, please.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by skept!cal
okay gonna start a new phase to this...since its getting hard to corrobarate the story w/ other sources id say its pretty important to actually research the acutal ppl that are claiming this to be true

Where is this claim asserted? Researching real astronauts over a bogus story is no research at all.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
One vague hope would be if someone had a copy of the 24 September 1984 issue up for sale on ebay or something where generally the front cover is displayed.

Apparently it had a picture of a model called Jushiu Manegal on it but searching on that name brought up zilch, whoever they were they did not seem to have a lasting impact.

Whoever is fabricating this story seems to have done a fair-to-middling job about cococting a series of unverifiable sources and insupportable evidence. This looks like an X-File to me.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hidatsa

I dont think you have read this entire thread then...Cause plenty of information has been giving so where in the world would you get the assumption that this is a totally bogus story? Thank for you input though

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hidatsa

Again...You have offered absolutely no proof of a fabrication...At least the ppl on here have taken there time to show some sort of proof that something may indeed have happened...So far i have seen no positive influence w/ your postings...Now if you have proof of fabrication's or hoax's then please post for i would love to see it..then we can just stamp a case closed on this thread...But dont just post "its not true" unless you got some stuff to back it up...Usually how it works around here from what ive seen

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have heard back from Philip Mantle:

I’ve asked my co-author Paul Stonehill if he can shed any light of this as he keeps all of our files.

I have also invited him to take a look at the thread to see what his thoughts are on the subject.

We await Paul Stonehills input

H

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Here's a star for this effort Havalon!

Now about the the story of the Salyut 6 sighting being unsubstantiated:

There are links posted in the thread that lead to documentaries that the people that made the extraordinary claims present their details in public.
Everyone can take the time to review them, read this thread and make up his mind about anything being unsubstantiated or not. This thread exists because some cosmonauts gone public with their stories claiming things. We the participants in this thread are not making up any unsubstantiated stories about something we found somewhere, twisted it and stretched it to every bit and put it here on ATS. we are like everyone browsing this thread simply posters but with some theories about what we read here.
We can only make theories but theories lead to search and search can lead to facts. Any help is welcome about this extraordinary case that might lead us to actual footage from a particular kind of species that seem to stalk both the US and the Russian space programs. Any realization of any evidence presented can lead us to insights about, at least, A particular kind of species to focus on, to research on, a kind of species that has identified themselves with the letter E according to the witnesses in contact which were extraordinary men, having much to lose if coming public with a lie. Another aspect of this case being important is that it belongs to the Russian scene of encounters that bares little resemblance with its equivalent scene in US, while in Russia the approach to these matters was done with a different and more open philosophy, on the contrary in US from the public we can hear a myriad of stories about the government thrusting with a sledgehammer to crash any logic behind UFO encounters.

Peace!

[edit on 14-4-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Damnit,

3 years ago the school I was teaching in at the time had a cosmonaut visit and give a talk to the kids. Had I known about this at the time I would have asked him about it.

I'll try to find out what his name was because I can't remember.

Gutted.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

Absolutely well said...You are truly an asset to ATS

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

Truly awesome...I hope he comes in here and can explain some of the unexplained problems that were having...Everyone i cant thank you enough for all the efforts put in...I couldnt have researched this as throughly as it has been researched...Have to say the ATS community really knows its S*&$ and really is the place to research this kind of phenomena...Been looking for more, but cant really come up w/ anything new than what was posted here...So id say now if we can get that author to come in here and maybe explain what he knows we can get the ball rolling so to speak...

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here is the 3Ds Max re-presentation of the Soyuz alien craft sighting from the Kovalyonok description captured in a documentary which can be found linked in this thread.
Kovalyonok claimed publicly that he had the object filmed and the original film is somewhere in Russia.
According to my research it displays major similarities to what Buzz Aldrin and the Apollo 11 crew saw in their first 1969 mission to the moon. They also claimed they filmed such an object flying around their space module en route to the moon, so we have a public video for their claims which is also linked in this thread.

To my perspective it is the same craft.

Model was easy to build because it was a design with sets of geometrically precise shapes.
For example the bell unit length was 4 times the 1/2 of the lenght of each one of the spheres.
Maybe the overall design shares some unknown properties for its purpose.
I am not sure if the tail unit, (pointy core) was an actual feature from the 1981 Kovalyonok description, or it was a kind of effect the craft displayed. It is not viewable easily in the Apollo 11 case from 1969, but I do remember it was added as a discernible feature in my earlier design from the US Apollo 11 1969 sighting. The colored shape (gold and blue) is what I remember I created from my initial modeling.

The set of pictures are in appearing order:

First picture containing the 1a) 1b) and 1c) pictures for comparison.
1a) One shot from the clearest frame I could capture from what Buzz Aldrin claimed he filmed during approach to the moon in Apollo 11 1969.

1b) One shot from the documentary where Kovalyonok speaks about the Russian Salyut 6 sighting, where he draws a sketch of what he saw and filmed.

1c) My 3Ds Max project to recreate this vehicle aligned with the shot from the US footage. I used primary the Russian sketch from the Kovalyonok documentary since it had the more details.

Second picture:
2) My full 3Ds Max palette scene from this project.

Third picture:
3) The early design before some years when I discovered the Buzz Aldrin video about their claimed sighting from 1969.

Note: According to my analysis the doughnut shaped disk, which we don't see as a connected part in the overall shape of the alien craft, is visible to the US footage from 1961 as attached to the main body of the craft. This part of the vehicle might be the original craft that aproached the Salyut 6 station as described by descriptions of the Russian cosmonauts. Hence they were describing a multi stage vehicle.
For some reason the whole craft did not approach the Soyuz team in the Russian sighting and also maintained a fair distance away from the Apollo 11 space capsule as shown in the video.

1a) 1b) 1c)
thumb:

direct:
img219.imageshack.us...

2)
thumb:

direct:
img219.imageshack.us...

3)
thumb:

direct:
img219.imageshack.us...

skept!cal thank you for your support

I also thank everyone else for their collective efforts if finding whatever happened to this footage, including sherpa with his search and Havalon for his efforts to contact relevant sources through email, Kilad for his initial link for the Russian documentary which helped the case greatly and the folks over at the Russian disclosure thread which can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am sorry for claiming that the initial participation in this thread was low because the thread matter was a subject from a different country hence a different paranormal scene. You all proved that above all you value good information and stand true to your collective efforts for denying ignorance.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by skept!cal

I stepped cautiously to avoid getting carried away. I offered no proof because I was asking questions and seeking clarification. I outlined what I felt was wrong with the evidence given and requested verifiable sources. At no stage did you see me say, definitively, that it was a hoax, merely that I would have appreciated being given something solid to base the contrary assumption on.

However, it's interesting that your assumption that I was declaiming the entire incident was just as emphatic as your presumption that the event took place. I think we could all do with being a little more dispassionate in our discussions, otherwise this becomes just one more thread that has one group of people (the word has vowels!!!) saying Oh No It Isn't and another saying Oh Yes It Is.

Thank you for addressing my enquiries intelligently and thoughtfully - is what I might have said had you responded differently .

[edit on 18/4/08 by hidatsa]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hidatsa

Not quite sure you even read what i wrote to you orginally...I actually did give you amoungst other ppl on this thread of proof that SOMETHING indeed did happen...and your saying to the contrary that nothing happened...I just simply asked you to provide something that says NOTHING happened as you are presumably saying...Nothing more...Nothing less...and your last sentence does nothing to add to this thread...Insults from what i can see...And im not quite sure those add to a solution, because thats what this thread is for...tryin to solve a solution that is truly mysterious...Hopefully our conversations can become fruitful in the future

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
like to bring this topic back up..for those who have not seen it or know where too look for it...i truly believe this is one of the best sightings offering high officials and evidence...have fun

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Ahhh I have forgotten about this. I wonder if the video will ever show up.

The video would be a huge smoking gun.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

thats the last peice of the puzzle in my honest opinion...w/ it...it could break the whole entire Aliens/Ufo's wide open...it certainly couldnt be ignored w/ all the credible cosmonauts and what not

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by skept!cal

You are right. It is too important to ignore. I just flagged this thread again (I was itisibrian).

We need to find a way to contact the people who was involved in that incident and see if we can get the video to come out.

It would be one of the ufology milestones. I will see if I can help

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

well i suggested that we try and see if there was a way too contact one of the cosmonauts on board, but im pretty sure that would be near impossible w/ my skills lol...if someone found an email address or something...i would do it for sure...I want answers

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Very interesting read, thanks for making this thread OP.

Although I have heard of cosmonauts sighting ufos in the early 1980s, I had never read in such detail of this (Salyut 6) incident. I have flagged and given numerous stars to posters on this thread.

I also sent an email to Paul Stonehill requesting any information he has on the whereabouts of the video.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
From Paul Stonehill:

One version of the event is described in Mysterious Sky: Soviet UFO Phenomenon. The key person, when it comes to the video footage, was General Beregovoy. The whereabouts of the video footage is a state secret of the Russian Federation, I am certain. Others have looked for it, producers from Hollywood, etc. I do not think they found it.
Have a nice holiday.
Paul

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join