It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HNN Poll: 61% of Historians Rate The Bush Presidency 'Worst'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

HNN Poll: 61% of Historians Rate The Bush Presidency 'Worst'

hnn.us

In an informal survey of 109 Professional Historians conducted over a three-week period through the History News Network, 98.2 percent assessed the presidency of Mr. Bush to be a failure, while 1.8 percent classified it as a success.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Ahhhh...Congrats Decider, you're making History ALREADY! You have cemented you place in the record books! Right alongside Buchanan and Johnson, and you even eclipsed Nixon! Unfortunately it's for the title of the WORST, most destructive presidency to ever foul the confines of the Whitehouse and to leave a lasting stain upon this nation.

Bask in your glory, oh Supreme Dictator Decider!

Asked to rank the presidency of George W. Bush in comparison to the other 41 American Presidents, more than 61 percent of the historians concluded that the current presidency is the worst in the nations history.

hnn.us
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Some of the Professional historians left commentary on WHY they chose our idiot-in-chief as the worst ever:

"No individual President can compare to the second Bush," wrote one historian. "Glib, contemptuous, ignorant, incurious, a dupe of anyone who humors his deluded belif in his heroic self, he has bankrupted the country with his disastrous war and his tax breaks for the rich, trampled the Bill of Rights, appointed Foxes in every Henhouse, compounded the terrorist threat, turned a blind eye to torture and corruption and a looming ecological disaster, and squandered the rest of the world's goodwill. In short, no other Presidents faults have had so deleterios effect not only on the country, but the world at large."

Another Historian goes on to classify Bush as...

..."An ideologue who got the nation into a totally unnecessary war, and has broken the Constitution more often than even Nixon. He is not a Conservative, nor a Christian, just an immoral man..." Still another remarked that Bush's "denial of any personal responsibility can only be described as silly."

[edit on 4-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Reading the comments of the historians, and that of the writer himself, leads me to believe many of these historians based their ranking of the president on personal opinion, rather than any academic, professional thoughts.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Oh come on!

He still has to January 2009 to turn it around!!!

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
...personal opinion,

Uh... yeah what other kind of opinion are they supposed to have? Yours?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Uh... yeah what other kind of opinion are they supposed to have?

One would hope they could make a rational, informed opinion. However, when they say things like:

Glib, contemptuous, ignorant, incurious...

...it demonstrates their opinion is informed more by emotion rather than any academic considerations.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I would disagree, those can be attached to a man without emotion being involved, those are ascribed personality traits. I do disagree as this being part of any formula for this "worst ever" hypothesis.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It's too soon to determine the fate of his presidency. People still argue about Saint Ronald. This is just another news article to put President Bush in a bad light.

I wonder if someone did a survey on the political leanings on history professors, or even college professors in general. Chance are, as a group they are demoncratic liberals.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yes he most certainly is the worst president in history. This guy, since 2000 has sold America out. Has committed the highest of crimes while subverting the Constitution in the process.

www.cbsnews.com...

Blatant Hypocrisy.

www.independent.co.uk...
Bush Plants fake stories on T.V News(2006)

www.foxnews.com...
(Polls Show new low for Bush. Economic fears 2006)

www.nytimes.com...
(Story from October 2005 Showing Bush Admin Buying Media Opinion)

www.youtube.com...
(ABC News detailing Bush War Crimes)

www.youtube.com...
(MSNBC Detailing approval of Torture)

www.youtube.com...
(CNN Bush Pardons himself for War Crimes)

www.youtube.com...
(AP- Bush says Economy is doing just fine)

www.youtube.com...
(CNN Bush predicting more good news)

www.aclu.org...
(ACLU illustrating case against NSA illegal wire tapping.)

www.boston.com...
(Boston Globe Bush declares which laws he will and will not follow)

www.prisonplanet.com...
(PrisonPlanet Bush signs bill that didn't pass)

www.foxnews.com...
(Fox News ABA: Bush Signing Statements Violate Constitution)

I made it a point to add as many different sources as possible. This isn't some biased thing. I'm not of any political group in this country. But in this case EVEN FOX NEWS is on top of this. There's more, alot more I could post from an endless field sources. Reality is reality. Bush is an Authoritarian Dictator, bent on power grabs, money, and the chance to let his friends do it too.

He's a criminal. If I screwed up this much at work I'd be fired already.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by projectvxn]

new topics

top topics

join