It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Outraged After Colorado 3rd Grader Suspended for Sniffing Shirt With Marker on It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The family of a Colorado third grader is furious after he was suspended for sniffing his shirt. School administrators accused 8-year-old Eathen Harris of trying to get high by huffing a stripe of magic marker on his shirt, MyFOXColorado reported.

Here is the full article:Fox News

This story is ridiculous. What was his teachers sniffing? Poor little boy being discriminated against. He was obviously not getting high from his t-shirt. Why wouldn't it be so obvious to his teacher? You tell me.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
When I was a kid...and even still now as an adult I LOVE/D the smell of magic markers. I don't sit around my house sniffing them, but whenever I use them, I don't know, I just like the smell. I'm not trying to get high...just a sensory preference.

I do think this is a little extreme to suspend the kid...If they had caught him in the cloakroom with the marker jammed up his nose inhaling...that would be totally different. This poor kid probably has NO clue what's going on, and now his parents have to explain that people in this world huff toxins to get high...

Michelle

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I really recent the fact that they are demonizing little kids, or teens with a vengeance today.
The stories just keep pouring in!

Speaking as one who likes the smell of new cars, tires, rubber, gasoline, and lots of weird things, i just cant understand this- all i know they have to have ORDERS to not tolerate any of this!

"they" are making our kids their "own" and i think we all know that by now!
Sheeesh, what more is it going to take?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I remember kids who used to eat glue like it was their lunch! and what about them scented markers that are MENT to SMELL good? The sad part is, the kid probably had no idea until now that he could get high off of smelling marker fumes. I bet I could tell you what hes doing all day while hes at home now..

What ever happened to common sense?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
"they" are making our kids their "own"

When you enrol your child at school, you sign a 'contract' between you ,the parent, and the school, that you are willing to hand over rights-of-care and legal guardianship to the school...it's a legal term known as 'in-loco-parentis' You give up the majority of your legal rights and obligations of guardianship of your child to the school the moment it turns 9am until the home-bell at 4pm.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is even worse than the "sexual harassment" with the other young-ish one. Seriously... I've been asking for the last 10 years... where is the common, or good, sense in this country anymore? (Insert Glenn Beck head/face/hands in the air shot here)

new topics

top topics

join