It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concern Over Country's Direction At Greatest Level Ever Recorded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Concern Over Country's Direction At Greatest Level Ever Recorded

www.nytimes.com

Americans are more dissatisfied with the country’s direction than at any time since the New York Times/CBS News poll began asking about the subject in the early 1990s, according to the latest poll.

In the poll, 81 percent of respondents said they believed that “things have pretty seriously gotten off on the wrong track,” up from 69 percent a year ago and 35 percent in early 2003.

Although the public mood has been darkening since the early days of the war in Iraq, it has taken a new turn for the worse in the last few months, as the economy has seemed to slip into recession. There is now nearly a national consensus that the country faces significant problems.

A majority of nearly every demographic and political group — Democrats and Republicans, men and women, residents of cities and rural areas, college graduates and those who finished only high school — say that the United States is headed in the wrong direction. Seventy-eight percent of respondents said the country was worse off than five years ago; just 4 percent said it was better off.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
While I am not a big believer in polls when the numbers come in at such a high level you have no choice but to pay attention... I also read bush minor's approval rating is in the twenties now.

No matter how you cut it... it is serious news and terrible news for the party in power.

Even if the Democrats are spineless jellyfish... I see a huge sweep for them in November.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hi Grover: I have a feeling that this administration may well end up being called the worst one in U.S. History - if we have anything left to call the U.S. I do not consider this admin to have much in the way of morals and I wonder if that is what others are seeing.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
While I think that number could be accurate, it makes me wonder why McCain is still listed as standing a good chance of winning the next election? Why would 80% of the country want us to go in a different direction only to vote in another republican, who is endorsed by Bush, and supportive of Bush's policies?

If we really wanted to change the direction of the country, wouldn't it stand to reason that we would not be embracing a candidate that supports all of the policies that have brought us to where we are today?

The freaking media will determine who wins this election. I really, truly hope it isn't McCain or Clinton. Not thrilled with Obama, but at least he is remotely different than what we have had for the last 8 years.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
That's funny, because we were far worse under FDR and Lincoln (at least in regard to civil liberties and the state of government), but they're hailed as heroes.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
as a college student, i have no confidence to continue going to school only because the future is very, very bleak. I feel like an animal that is giving up, you know when an animal has no point in living so it just lays there, to die...yea thats how i feel lol

[edit on 4-4-2008 by adkchamp]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
how do you record "levels" of concern? Volume? Density? Mass?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by adkchamp
as a college student, i have no confidence to continue going to school only because the future is very, very bleak. I feel like an animal that is giving up, you know when an animal has no point in living so it just lays there, to die...yea thats how i feel lol

[edit on 4-4-2008 by adkchamp]

dude school is seriously stupid anyway...unless you wanna dedicate yourself to working the rest of your life. I found out about the elite superclass a few years ago, and a light dinged in my brain. I said hey, we cant beat them so lets join them, but not on their terms. If we were all to get rich we could take away all their purchasing power. It seems impossible but if people could learn to master money, they could have it work for them instead of against them.
If you view the future as bleak than you will fulfill your own prophecy dude. Thats the awesome power of the universe. Learn to adapt to your surroundings and try to accumulate wealth at a fast rate...
you dont need money to get rich, and even if there is a depression, there is still tons of money to be made all over the world.

I think the biggest scheme they got going is the money myths. Its like a lot of people automatically shut of their brains when it comes to the subject.
The reality is that money is really energy...and with the proper knowledge you can direct it to you instead of away from you.

Dont give up dude...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

Depends on what you're going for.

Learn engineering or science or something. Enlightening, learn it for the sake of learning, and then apply it.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

no im not giving up at all. It's just i don't wanna wear a suit or work for a lot of hours...and school isn't for me (thank god im not payign a cent and i get money instead from financial aid)..i dunno but im looking forward to this depression cause a lot of spoiled people just buy and buy and don't need the things they buy and me, instead I have "fun" and don't spend a cent.

right now im trying to learn how to grow my own food, get in touch with my own body and soon i can learn acupuncture and etc.

but yea thanks for the info guys

new topics

top topics

join