It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geraldine Ferraro: Randi Rhodes Should Be Fired!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Liberal Air America radio host Randi Rhodes recently launched a foul-mouth tirade against Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro, prompting Ferraro to call for Rhode's firing on national TV.

Here is the video clip of Rhode's obscenity-filled rant:

WARNING: Foul language

/34ssze

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I saw this on tv. That kook was way out of line and completely wrong. However, she wasn't on the air, right? She was at some seedy San Francisco night club where idiots lap this crap up. I don't know if she should be fired ... but she definately should be exposed. Ferrarro could have a lawsuit against her I supposed. A lawyer would know for sure.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Let her say whatever she wants. If she loses her show because people stop listening and sponsors drop out that's one thing but to outright fire her because of what she said is anti-freedom. This is just as stupid as that Imus thing and every time some lefty blog tries to demand a righty talk show host get fired because he said "offensive."

Oh no, somebody said something offensive, boo-hoo.

When did everybody get so sensitive?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
When did everybody get so sensitive?

Ferraro and Clinton have a right to be upset. If you heard that vile spewed about you .. you'd be hurt and angry too, wouldn't you?

The woman said it in a nightclub so I don't know why she'd be fired for it.
But I do see a potential lawsuit if the two women want to go for it.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No, I wouldn't. I hear that and worse nearly everyday being who I am living in the state I'm in.

Sticks and stones and get over it.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Randi Rhodes has every right to speak her mind. She's a talk show host for a left wing radio station (one i've never even heard of), so she gets paid for her opinions.

When will people realize that censorship is taking over? Just because the government isn't responsible for it doesn't mean it's not happening every day. People call for the firing of Imus, Randi Rhodes, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly for the things they say day in and day out. I don't agree with the vast majority of what EITHER wing (right or left) has to say about the other, but i absolutely agree with their right to say it.

Let the market decide who should keep their jobs.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I found absolutely nothing wrong with what she said. In fact it was funny because it was true. If she was black, she would be given a free pass. I see stuff all the time on TV from black commedians saying far worse and they get a pat on tha back. This is a none issue and political correctness at it's worst.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So this is the state that our political discourse is stooping to? Your favorites opponant is refered to as a "*bleep* whore", and the audience applauds. How nice.

When did this become acceptable behaviour? When being obscenely rude is OK? Personally, were I a sponcer of Randi Rhodes show, I'd be asking for an on air apology addressed to both Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro, and to the public in general.

Political correctness? If she has to resort to the coarsest of language to get her point across she has no business being employed in the broadcast medium. Should she be fired? No. Should she be given some lessons in proper language usage? Yes.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
So this is the state that our political discourse is stooping to? Your favorites opponant is refered to as a "*bleep* whore", and the audience applauds. How nice.

When did this become acceptable behaviour? When being obscenely rude is OK? Personally, were I a sponcer of Randi Rhodes show, I'd be asking for an on air apology addressed to both Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro, and to the public in general.

Political correctness? If she has to resort to the coarsest of language to get her point across she has no business being employed in the broadcast medium. Should she be fired? No. Should she be given some lessons in proper language usage? Yes.

If she was black, would you demand the same apology or look the other way. We both know by experience that you would do nothing. It has happened too many times before and history always proves its worth.

You ask when did it start. About the time Liberals and the ACLU starting having their way in San Fransisco and rap became main stream flith.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eagledriver

You know me so well that you know I wouldn't say the same? Really? Rude, foul language gets the same response from me regardless of race, my friend. I find it objectionable no matter the source.

I didn't ask when it started, I asked when did it became acceptable as a form of political discourse to go on a foul mouthed rant about a political opponant.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Originally posted by seagull

It's not only part of our political discourse, Seagull. It's part of our national entertainment also. Watch Comedy Central sometime; some of the highest paid comedians are the most vulgar.

The audience howls with glee at profanity, just like a naughty adolescent who feels sheepish and guilty for cussing, but still, strangely high like an adult must feel!

Now I will no doubt be called a prude or a Puritan.:@:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Comedy? Really? Hmmm...I must a bit more out of touch with modern comedy than I thought I was. Must make time to catch up on what is concidered funny these days...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Liberal Air America radio host Randi Rhodes recently launched a foul-mouth tirade against Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro, prompting Ferraro to call for Rhode's firing on national TV.

Why should she be fired? She just said (basically) what many people say in (not) polite company.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well, ECK, in a way, I agree with you. She was not at her job when she said it; she was at a nightclub. She was a private citizen at that point.

She was suspended from her job, however. Maybe there is a morals clause in her contract?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
i find many of your responses to this quite intriguing. first off mr. rhodes was not "Working" so to speak, her job is with air america radio, not as a comedian in san francisco. fired for after work activities? hmmm, maybe but for calling a few well known people #ing whores i think not.

like it or not profanity is a live and well in the world today. her use of it was incredibly vulgar but it is her choice to be as vulgar as she wants, this is the us of a is it not? is not one of our freedoms the freedom of speech, or self expression?

she is not anyones "opponent" in this race. she is not anyone spokes person. she is randi rhodes a well known left-wing talk show host who is well known for her strong opinions and harsh critique of the right-wing.

i agree with what some others have said, this is a none issue. though ferraro and clinton may not be, by definition, #ing whores, but the term applied loosely could be used to define them i suppose.

bottom line here is this people, get over it. she wasnt speaking to you, you were not invited to the event, the event was not suppose to be thrust into the public realm (someone brought footage out) and if you dilike profanity don't tune back in. =)

new topics

top topics

join