It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Dreams and Reality the same thing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

There is basically no difference between the waking state and that of dream, except that one seems more stable than the other. Only after there is awakening in the form of enlightenment is it realized that the waking world itself is indeed nothing but a long dream resulting from mental dis�position - a movement in Consciousness in which what seems a solid body and its sufferings are really an illusion.

All dreams work to accomplish one of two things:

1 To solve the problems of your conscious, waking life.

2 To present you with access to new potentials and creativity. Because dreams come from all levels of your being, understanding the imagery and type of dream is the key to understanding and actualizing the messages you receive during sleep.

3 Symbols express those things for which we have no words. By working with them, we use both hemispheres of the brain and tap the subconscious mind more fully, which in turn opens the doors to our intuitive self

www.plotinus.com...

www.plotinus.com...

Here is a quote from a pretty good website. Are our dreams just as real as reality? Are dreams simply a look into another world? What do you all think?

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by DaTruth]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
once you have attained enlightenment we will realize this life was nothing more than a dream
a play of light and shadow played out on the back drop of space and time.
phantasmagoria

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
the solid wakeing world is all just an illusion literally and/or physically. someone here has to know the experiment that i am talking about and could you give us a link to it, por favor; i tried to find it again but i can't. if you take the nucleus of an atom of gold one of the most dense elements known to man and blow it up to the size of a dime the nearest electron would be over a mile away. they found this out when testing gold's density with a new experiment where they shot a laser through a single atom and it hit nothing the first three or four times. so thinking that something was wrong with the equipment he recalibrated or adjusted everthing and made sure everything was correct. so they repeated to shoot the laser through the atom and they had shoot it threw a whole bunch of times before they hit anything.

so really the most solid of solids on this earth are really nothing more than empty space. the laws that hold this world together are not the laws of physics, but the laws of Spirit.

ok i'm done rambling, but if someone, i would imagine with all the scientific and intelligent people here that someone must remember this experiment from school?
i would like to read this again.

i think that dreams are reality; every moment of perception is reality. and the simple fact that we walk around in these blood blister bodies is an enormous miracle.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth
Here is a quote from a pretty good website. Are our dreams just as real as reality? Are dreams simply a look into another world? What do you all think?
[Edited on 24-2-2004 by DaTruth]
I think that our dreams are as real as reality, but, when you get hurt as an example, you wake up, and you have no physical marks or such. In the dream, if one is conscious enough of it, one can become lucid, and act and perform as if there were no boundaries to creativity.

I think that dreams are a look into another world, one where the dreamer sees all the possible things that could be accomplished, and spiritual lessons that need to be learned for the waking world.

Also, dreams have the ability to reflect on yourself, where a person needs to change.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
some of the people that i used to hang out with claimed that they could contact each other in their dreams.

i agreed to an experiment, although i did not experience conclusive evidence that i was contacted by said individual. i stopped associatting with this crowd because i came into disagreement with their leader.

since then i have had dreams with the one who said that he attempted to contact me in a dream.
it was nothing serious just having fun with similiar interest, gardening and fishing.
well just another dream deal

peace

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
some of the people that i used to hang out with claimed that they could contact each other in their dreams.
When I was in my younger years, I would dream of other people in my dream, people that I knew, or were aware of.

The next day, I didn' t know what to make of it, I thought that this other person had the same dream of being with me, too. I did not bother to ask this other person if they dreamed of me, too, the night before.

Dreams are a strange phenomena.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
once you have attained enlightenment we will realize this life was nothing more than a dream
a play of light and shadow played out on the back drop of space and time.
phantasmagoria

Nice comment

new topics

top topics

join