It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo siteing in new zealand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
today there was a ufo siteing in nz they showed this on tv3 news will try an get some pictures looked like a big fireball going across the sky

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sodom

cheers m8 for the comment first i heard it was an unknown object but looks to be a meteorite none the lss still a good video nice one

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sodom

cheers m8 for the comment first i heard it was an unknown object but looks to be a meteorite none the lss still a good video nice one

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Danzpost welcome to the forums if you have any questions feel free to U2U me.

Craig Garner of Stardome Observatory says: "Looking at this particular picture I would say it's definitely a jet vapour trail."

The hunters failed to get any deer on the hunt but say the fireball sighting made up for it.

TV3

TV3 video

I'm not aware of there being any sightings of this vapour trail in Christchurch and I don't see any reason for a cover up or why the explanation might be untrue .

Cheers xpert11

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
theres been a few of this type of siteing lately more than the norm do you think or not

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by danzpost
theres been a few of this type of siteing lately more than the norm do you think or not

Well speaking from experience vapour trails caused by jets aren't exactly rare in the sky above and around my place . Although vapour trails aren't unusually common either. I'm not 100% ruling out the official explanation being wrong it just that I don't see why it is at this stage. When I first saw the video I thought that I watching a meteor burn up in the atmosphere(SP?) .

I'm not aware of there being a disproportion number of UFO sightings in NZ recently.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
so you think this is a vapour trail i no now its not a ufo but looks like they are saying its a meteor type fireball theres been a few of those siteings lately there was a good one nots so long ago seen from sumner in christchurch

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I hadn't heard about the Sumner sighting do you have links or names of local media outlets that covered the sighting ?

Other then first impression I don't have anything that proves the official explanation wrong but I am open minded enough to think that the object that was sighted could be a UFO. The last thing I want to do is paint myself into a corner but at the same time I don't want to read into something that isnt there.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

there was also somthing supposed to be space junk or meteor that cause a sonic boom as it came through not so long ago it shook our house quite scary but in the last 2 years theres been more of this type of thing happening as far as i know anyway
ill try finding somthing on the sumner incident aswell cheers

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

I have to agree 100%... the expert says,"... almost definitely a jet vapor trail." This is their "expert"? What a blankin' joke

I hear this expert is also 'selling' land in the FL Everglades... any takers?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

yea i mean if thats a vapour trail then i must be blind

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I may be stupid, but don't you need a plane in front to get a vapour trail behind?

Anyone see a plane?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceweaver
I may be stupid, but don't you need a plane in front to get a vapour trail behind?

Well I suppose it is possible that there was a plane but due to its speed it was out of eye sight when the film was taken.

Anyone see a plane?

That is a very valid question in my mind.
Although a better question might be is the area of the sighting near a flight path ?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Have another look at the close up of the light, there is no plane in front of it.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I see no plane and the idea that it is a "jet vapor trail" really makes me wonder what type of jets the kiwis have??

And totally off topic but the hunter who took the video was HOT!

OK, back on topic now....

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I am not an expert on vapour trails on anything, but I think maybe they should ask more than one "expert" on what it is!
I'll say it's an UFO (Unidentified Falling Object)!

Doesn't have to be ET, but a vapour trail is a strange explination I think!
The sunset might bring alot of strange behaviour in the sky!

Let's say, if the deer hunter party disapairs after a couple of weeks, never to be seen again, it's ET!

new topics

top topics

join