It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmakers Seek to Ban Cage Fighting Among Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Lawmakers Seek to Ban Cage Fighting Among Children

www.foxnews.com

JOPLIN, Mo. — Legislators are seeking to ban mixed martial arts competitions — sometimes called "cage fighting" — among children in Missouri, which appears to be the only state where youth matches are allowed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Maybe it's time that our kids learn how to fight for their protection. this might sound crazy to you but maybe schools should teach kids how to fight. Like in middle school.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I find it odd that "Cage fighting" is not legal for kids everywhere. Kids can take any other martial art that is available and compete in competitions, even sparring, and "Fighting" so long as they reach a certain belt level. Why not let them compete in MMA? And, I agree that they shoudl teach all kid how to throw down. Why? Schools are a battle ground these days. If everyone knows how to defend themselves then less people will bully each other.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Children fighting for sport? Its pathetic...Childrens bones arent as strong, which includes the skull. Wait until a kid is accidentally hurt real bad or killed.

Theres a difference between learning to protect yourself and climbing into a cage to prove it.

Normally you teach a kid to fight so he doesnt have to, you know the whole discipline thing.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod
Children fighting for sport? Its pathetic...Childrens bones arent as strong, which includes the skull. Wait until a kid is accidentally hurt real bad or killed.

Theres a difference between learning to protect yourself and climbing into a cage to prove it.

Normally you teach a kid to fight so he doesnt have to, you know the whole discipline thing.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by ATruGod]

But if that is the case, then children learning al forms of martial rts need to be banned from competition, as you can break a bone just as easily in martial arts competition as you can a cage fight. Personally I am not really a fan of cage fighting, I prefer good old fashioned pugilism, but they have a right to compete if every other martial art does.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

As far as childrens bones are concerned it is much easier for a childs broken bone to mend than our own. Most kids get what is known as a greenstick break (think of how a fresh green stick breaks). A greenstick break is not a complete break and heals much faster and more completely than an adults bone, same with the skull, although after age 3 or so a childs skull is the same as an adults.

As far as children fighting in cages? Maybe we should limit them to fighting inside those inflateable bouncy castle things.....

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

I agree with you....kids should be able to practice martial art the same as anyone else, give them a sense of accomplishment, and if they get hurt then they can learn some lessons from that as well. I have wrestled from the age of 6 and broken many bones on the mat, no nancy limitations for me at age 6, you get hurt at 6 you get hurt at 30, some people just don't understand and never will.
Let the fighting begin!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join