It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange fish found in Utah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Hey everyone. Not sure if this was posted yet, but I just saw this on the news News Article..... Very strange....

=====================
Edit: Fixed link

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Yeah, it's already been brought up. It's a snakehead, nasty buggers. Wasn't dragged out of the lake, probably crawled out on it's own. Thing looks primordial.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Ugh...

the Snake Heads are spreading everywhere...

They are bad news big time, I think they will change the ecological composition of every freshwater river, lake, creek and pond soon.

They are spreading like locusts, what a shame

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Here's a video from cnn.com with a bunch of additional photos of the odd fishy. Looks bizarre, whatever it is.

Video from CNN.com

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have to be honest, in that I don't go fishing (mostly because I hate eating fish) , but it is a very odd looking creature. looks like the baby cousin of this guy...
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

A couple of you replied with such confidence that it was a snakehead, yet the biologists themselves were uncertain of what it is. Why are you guys so certain that it is a snakehead? I thought snakeheads were endemic to Asia and Africa anyway.

Ok, well after a bit of research, I now know that snakeheads are not an uncommon invasive species, still don't know if that is what it is.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Threadfall]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
seemed like the link i posted didn't work....sorry.
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Heya Johnny. I saw this to. 'ma Logan Utahen.

I saw this on fox 13 a couple days ago. They said it was probally a rainbow whose gums recceded back and it had gotten ranover by a car for its odd shap ^.^. lots of recceding had to be done though. those teef are big.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Kikider]

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Kikider]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Looks like a Snakehead.

Damn, those things just freak me out.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Sort of barely on-topic, but I caught a pretty weird looking fish in Colorado once. It was the only time I've ever seen this type of fish. I had no idea what it was, but my dad knew about them. It's called a sculpin. Here's a picture:

Sculpin

Pretty strange thing to pull out of a stream that I thought only had trout!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
haha u people that say its a snake head are not very smart its a gobi they are in colorado as well

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Craig Schaugaard, Aquatic Manger for the Department of Wildlife Resources, said, "When we first saw that fish, we thought, ‘What in the crap is this thing?"

yes, our civil servants are highly paid and highly trained....just dumb as a rock...

top topics

join