It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one seen "The secret" or read the book?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Most, some, or none of you have seen the secret or read it for that matter it is a movie that tells you the true teachings of Christ without having even mentioned his name if anyone has seen it please tell me your thoughts and questions as I am a scholar of it. I would be MORE than happy to debate it and answer any questions. Thank you.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by the basset hound]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have the DVD, someone gave it to me after seeing it on Oprah. (My Mom:@@

IMO it's a remake/rehash of the "Law of Attraction" that's been around forever. There's even a thread going on now in recent topics about the law of attraction.

I give them kudos for the suspenseful trailer. The marketing was pure genius, and if the people who brought it all together were "using" the law of attraction to further line their bank accounts, more power to them.

I sure wish the universe was my virtual catalog as touted in the video, I'd have a penthouse suite on top of the Hubble telescope with a season pass on scope time

I do not doubt that positive thoughts bring about positive events in one's life.

I just didn't need to spend $49.95 to hear about it.

Regardless of the price though, I think a good thing came about due to it's massive sales...I think that people seemed to be truly helped after they watched it, and that can't be a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by the basset hound

HAvn't seen the movie, probably won't have chane for bit, but what exactly makes you a scholar on the subject?
Yeah, I can tell you the moment I decided to stop being so down, and started thinking positive though, my life did start getting better, so there is something to that.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

You're exactly right RuneSpider,

and you have an extra $49.95 because you figured that out on your own.

Not sure either what The Secret has to do with the teachings of Christ, but it's just a general feel good and the world will be good type of message, for those who haven't seen it.

I actually thought it was pushing total materialism, envision yourself winning the lottery and voila' the lottery was yours, picture yourself in that new Ferrari you have always wanted and poof, it's yours.

Like I said, all marketing, no substance IMO.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I saw it on youtube then bought it for my wife. We watch it from time to time and get a silly recharge so it is useful. I'm still waiting for the yearly salary I wrote on a dollar to come to fruition. That dollar bill hangs from a shelf above my desk to remind me but I know it takes time. I really dig how the quantum mechanics draw everything together. We are all one. Life is one.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by the basset hound
tells you the true teachings of Christ without having even mentioned his name

So thinking positive thoughts “about worldly goods so you can receive worldly goods” was a message from Christ? I guess I must have missed that day in bible study. I did, however, attend on the day when we discussed that as a Christian we are to be “In” the world but not “Of” the world.

Mat 16:24-26 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Mar 4:19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Yeah, it seems like a bit of a scheme. But at the same time, it seems like some people find it useful, so maybe for them it's worhth the money. I also agree with Defcon, i don't see what this has to do with Christ.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
First off congrats to those of you who didnt have to spend money to see it or come to it's realizations, and second congrats to those of you who did as i am a believer in you get back twice what you spend and i believe you will too (or have all ready).
"what makes me a scholar?"
The answer to that is difficult to explain however I have read the bible 12 times (4 times before watching the movie 8 after wards). I have also read other various teaching of other religions ( wicca and buddism mostly).
The urantia book was a tough one to get through but i read it twice and most of the books that have pertained to the law of attracton. I am not proclaiming to be the smartest person on the subject how ever i do know ten times as much as the common man on the subject.
The answer is yes the movie does promote matieralism but you say that like its a bad thing you are a Physical matierial being and there fore you NEED physical things to aide in your survival in life, to deny that is to deny that is to deny existance. If you think that it is wrong for someone else to have a ferrari is to say that it is wrong for you to have one you are in constant contradiction of you seld and there fore you will never have one if you keep thinking that way( sub concious thought are the thoughts that count).....

The book of Job had no mentioning of Christ or any thing to do with him either but it was good enough to put in the christian bible for some reason.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by the basset hound]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

The reason that the book of Job is in the bible is the same reason all of the other "stories" are in the Bible, it is because they are just that....they are all stories.....I congratulate you on the idea you put out that you know 10 times more than the common man, how does it feel to know much more about some stories that were written a long time ago? How does it feel to know that your "knowledge" of such stories probably really is the same as everyone elses since the real meanings of the bible has been translated out of history too many times to count? Materialism is an ideal and not a neccessity. No one needs to buy things to make their life better, to say so makes me believe you don't really know what it is you are talking about.. there is a huge difference between materialism and tangible objects one does not need to buy to survive. The "secret" is just another example of how easy it is so sell something to those who will believe anything, look around you, actually see what goes on, there is no need for other influences to be able to use your own mind.. Life is all about interpretation, in the end there really is only yourself. To conform is to lose your identity that is a free "secret" from me, someday I think you may understand.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I think the most important thing the bible says is that God created men in his image (I'm sorry if I write it wrong... I'm dutch). So God is the creator and creating men in his image makes us creators, or at least that is the way I feel about it.

As far as the Secret goes, I really don't like how much it talks about materialistic thing. Sure we need certain things, but for me they are only means to achieve other things. So why would I ask for money if I want to use it to buy food? Wouldn't it make more sense to just ask for food?

I am in no way suggesting asking for money would be bad, I'm just saying there's to much talking about money in the secret.

Next to that I have my own methods to get what I need, and they are a little bit different from the secret. I feel they missed out on a few bits of information, but maybe that's a good thing. We wouldn't want a serial killer to get everything they want ,right?

I know that I'm risking my head over it, writing this on a conspiracy site, but some secrets are best kept secret.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Stumpy1

Now that are wise words.

Thank you!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Yes, the book of Job doesn't mention Christ, but the New Testment is supposed to be a fulfillment of the Old. One part beginning, the other part finishing. SO of course Job is included.
Regardless of wether or not you are a hypocrite in regards to the car you drive, Jesus taught to live humbly, not to buy or expect to be rearded with flashy things. Even if you have read the the Bible and books relating to Wicca and Buhddism, this doesn't make you an expert on a video teaching the power of Feeling good about yourself.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
i saw the movie and did a presentation for my school on it. I believe it. i hope the law attraction works for me. i practice almost every single day.

they have a new movie out its called the secrets to god or something close like that. has anyone seen that movie?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I am in no way a conformist nor am i trying to get anyone else to conform to what i believe. i seem to be sensing hostility and i greatly appologize for any offense i created.
I will agree that the bible does not promote materialism as the "Kingdom of heaven is within you" says christ . But you must lose the idea that there is a diety whose will it is that you must be in constant fear of all that is around you for if you look hard enough you will see god and it is true shame to be in fear of the only thing that has shown nothing but love to you.

In the mess we seem to have lost our selves and i will search for new ground. If you just take a peek at what Rohnda Byrne based her movie upon you will find GOD yelling at you loud and clear "It is the desire of god that you become rich! He wants you to get rich because he can express himself better though you if you have plenty of things to use in giving him expression. He can live more in you if you have unlimited command of the means of life." "You must want real life not mere pleasure of sensual grattification." "You want to get rich in order that you may eat drink and be merry ;when it comes time, surround your self with beautiful things, see distant lands, feed your mind, develope your inlelect; in order that you may love men and do kind things, and play a good part to help the world find truth."-W.D. Wattles
Not much is known about this man but he did writh the book that made the movie millions. So yes there are missing pieces to the movie I do believe that she should have put more god into it.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

i seem to be sensing hostility and i greatly appologize for any offense i created.

No need for that. I just speak out my opinion and so do you. That's a good thing and you should never apoligize for your opinion. Any sensible person knows that opinions can differ and that that's a good thing. It would be very boring if we were all alike.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Hiyah Basset...

Don't feel hostility, you posted on THIS site because you felt that people needed to know what you believe in...and you obviously wanted to hear all the different opinions, whether they agreed with yours or not..otherwise, we would think you were doing it for ATS points. You said you were here to teach us and to offer your opinions on The Secret....book or DVD...

I have a few questions too, if you don't mind.

You're obviously are here to preach...what exactly is your specific agenda by posting these threads about The Secret? And to the Masons?

You aren't speaking at all about The Secret, you're reason for even posting. I am thinking that you have some sort of religious agenda, but that might be just me.

The Secret...you're topic you picked, please get to the point? Thanks!

Where did you grow up?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
A friend of my wife's loaned it to her to read. I paged thru some of it. Typical New Age feel good rubbish. For people who want a quick fix to everything in their lives without actually working for it.

I did'nt know one of Christ's teachings was to 'visualize checks in the mail'.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
changing things with you thoughts have been scientifically proved by a Japanese scientist youtube.com... 1 07 min

this is an explanation : www.life-enthusiast.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by the basset hound
tells you the true teachings of Christ without having even mentioned his name

So thinking positive thoughts “about worldly goods so you can receive worldly goods” was a message from Christ? I guess I must have missed that day in bible study. I did, however, attend on the day when we discussed that as a Christian we are to be “In” the world but not “Of” the world.

Mat 16:24-26 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Mar 4:19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

You need to investigate Paul aka Saul and who wrote your bible and when. The days of the man made religions are about done. There is God but you have been subverted to worshipping Amen. Had any prayers answered lately?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Do you people even read your own posts?? I mean talk about contradicting yourself. You don't do your credibility any justice with contradictions like this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join