It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got a question about Noah and the flood.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 11:33 PM
link   
To produce electricity using the Earth?

You'd need a lot of copper wire floating above the earth... a very thick band of it completely encircling the earth; a tube that enclosed Earth's orbit so the Earth could rotate freely inside it and revolve around the sun.

Then you'd have to shove the earth's ...actually, you couldn't shove the crust because that's not where the magnetism is. It's a property of the core. You'd have to move the core.

Here's a page showing how current is generated from magnetic fields:
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

Here's how it works in power plants (hydroelectric power is actually generated by huge magnets):
www.festivalhydro.com...

So you'd have to do something similar with the earth's core. Note that the magnetic strength of the earth is pretty doggone weak... and can be easily interfered with. So any magnetic thing on the surface would cause the magnetic field to be uneven and the effect to be much reduced.

Magnetic force also drops off with distance from the magnet... as you can easily see for yourself by just fiddling with a magnet.

And the Earth's magnetism is just... ordinary magentism. There's no Special Waves or Special Cases. It's just magentism like any old magnet you have on your refrigerator.

I'm not sure how much wire you'd need to make even a small amount of current using the Earth's magnetism, but I'd bet that it's going to be far more than we have lying around.

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Damnit... So I won't lose my memory after all?! Gee, what a surprise. See Toltec, should have found some scientific proof that such thing's happen during pole shift's. I tried....couldn't find nothing. Just a bunch of mumbo jumbo crap...

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Its not really mumbo jumbo James according to legend this is what happens. That some other factor which is unknown plays a role relatable to conditions inherent
in the event in question like for instance storms (as in lighting storm)
is plausable.

What did you think James that a pole shift would not result in substantial climatic changes? What would it be like James to live in world were the tallest thing standing was the life which survived. And all over the planet issued lighting at rates unprecedented by any standards you know of.

That is mumbo Jumbo crap is that electrical fields cause hallucinations something you�re prepared to advocate.

Byrd thank you for the links

[Edited on 27-12-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Toltec,

I'm sorry, unless you have scientist's backing you up, instead of tale's of ye old day's... You don't know it for a fact. I could not find ONE shred of evidence from a scientific site, that we lose memory during a pole shift, or that HUGE EM/electrical field's are even generated. All I could find were end of the world mesage's. And that one link I gave you that show's evidence we are in a pole shift now.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Toltec, I don't think you're going to find lightning storms with pole shifts, either.

Remember, this is an extremely WEAK FORCE.

If magnetic forces were involved in lightning/weather, we'd find electrical storms gathering constantly over power plants and transmitters.

It would affect animal migrations, since some seem to use magnetic guidance.

Crustal shifting doesn't affect the magnetic poles, since those are determined by the Earth's core.

You can see how far (and fast) the magnetic poles are drifting on this Canadian (eh!) geologic survey page:
www.geolab.nrcan.gc.ca...

It's also got some nice links to magnetic observatories!

Now that I've got a GPS (woohoo!) with both Magnetic and True North calibrations, I can track the drift for myself.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is the page that tracks the pole's DAILY wanderings!

(note on page says: "on days when the magnetic field is disturbed, may be displaced by 80 km or more")

I'm not sure if my GPS is sensitive enough to measure the daily wanderings, but it'd be interesting to see if it does. In any case, ain't that a cool page?

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Byrd and asteroid hitting earth is not an extremely weak force. And James do appreciate the response without all the colorful verbiage, I am not the one who needs proof James.

James, the most difficult muscle to move in the human body (consciously) are the ones which control pupil dialation.

The type of traning that makes it possible for a person to do that. Includes a form of Remote vewing, which makes what is understood as such in this country to be a joke.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Noahs flood could have happen, not the ark part, but the flood.

Right now we have a bunch of frozen ice. If that were to melt, it could cover MOST of the earth, not all. Mt. Everest would be open, so would other mountians. There isn't enough water, frozen, liquid, evaporated, to cover entire planet. Also, Noah ark would never be able to hold two of every animal, not even a ship fiftey times the size of the Titanic would be able to do that. Also, after adding the weight of all those animals, no ship big enought to hold them would stay afloat.

And toltec, no ship 100,000 years ago had metal.. The people then didn't know what metal was. People 10,000 barely knew about it.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Toltec,

Why can't you just post something that back's you up? I've shown you a link that has evidence that we are in a pole shift now... Yet, none of us have experianced any memory loss... Your claiming something that show's no evidence for, from what I could find on the matter.

If you have any scientific info backing you up, would it be so hard to post it? So far, the whole thing look's like it's just a simple opinion of your's...

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The erosion marks of the Sphinx�s indicate it was built about 10,000 years ago. Even then someone knew more that what is apparent in other cultures.

Am not saying many people have survived these events Intact but very a small number have (this being a potential explanation for the origins of many myths (even the issue of UFOs).

Those cities that are underwater in the Caribbean and of the coast of Japan (exclusively on this planet). They are evidence of a civilization, which existed. You can fanaticize all you want about Alantis and the meaning of the term. But underwater cities imply they were once one dry land. And by the way in the ones located in the Caribbean Pyramids (or what look very much like them have been found).

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Toltec, JamesG right, where your proof? Not to insult you, but you acting like truth.

"I say this and this and it is right. Proof? Evil! You face wrath of god, for he talks to me and tells me I'm right!"

Toltec, proof with the info, not just info.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:01 PM
link   
No offense James whatever but you are trying to in manipulation. I posted a link which offered evidence that at an asteroid 1/2 kilometer in circumference hitting the earth would cause a crustal shift.

As far as the effects of such an event it would cause a multitude of changes including
massive electrical discharges as a result of storms. And for the record I cannot act like anyone I am being myself. But if stereotyping makes you feel better I am used to dealing with the ways of racist.

Again the link

wwwesterni.unibg.it...

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Toltec,

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Toltec,

"No offense James whatever but you are trying to in manipulation. I posted a link which offered evidence that at an asteroid 1/2 kilometer in circumference hitting the earth would cause a crustal shift."

Sorry, I'm not trying to manipulate. What you claimed, was a pole shift can cause memory loss... I am asking proof of this. You are not providing it, but you are posting thing's that speak nothing of what I ask for. Who is manipulating?

"But if stereotyping makes you feel better I am used to dealing with the ways of racist."

Stereotyping how? By asking for proof of what you claim? JTL is right...You are starting to sound like 'truth' in a way...

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:17 PM
link   
James the Lesser always agreed with JamesG what a surprise

Bottom line

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Toltec,

In other word's... You have no proof and the whole thing is just your opinion.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:22 PM
link   
James I had disagreed with Thomas when he called you an idiot but I have changed my mind.

Your just playing games and nasty ones at that

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Toltec,

How so? You claim something. I ask for proof. You provide none within the parameter's of what I asked. Who's playing game's?

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Toltec,

posted on 24-12-2002 at 05:17 PM

"Pole shifts generate massive electrical discharges and people who are not properly insulated against the effect do survive. But have absolutely no memory of even having the ability to produce fire."

posted on 26-12-2002 at 10:09 PM

"James the when a pole shift occurs electricity is generated. That is what causes the memory loss."

Etc... Etc... Etc...

No scientific proof posted that pole shift's cause memory loss. You won't post it. But you'll tell me I'm playing game's, when all I'm doing, is asking for some damned proof that pole shift's cause memory loss. You either have it, or you don't.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Read the link young man it is not my job to spoon feed you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join