It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One News Story better than Another?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Something I've noticed a bit of now and again, is that the News and Media in general is held to be a fairly bad source of credible information... right up to the point it panders to someone's opinons.
It seems like something along the lines of "The Media is bad! Here's a link to a youtube video of CNN telling me so...". To say this confuses me is a bit of an understatment really, because it makes it hard to for me to formulate a response. I mean, if the news is untrustworthy, then you should regard with equal suspicion reports you hear that disagree with, and reports you hear that you agree with, right?
Reason why I put this in general conpiracy is because there may be a conspiracy here, or it's simple spinning for viewership. Appealing to half the crowd half the time as it were. (Yes, I realize that's a complete bastardization, but I hope you get the point.)

[edit on 3-4-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Somebody have anything? I'n not trying to flame, I just want to know if there is something that makes one news story more true than another?

join