It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.MIX: Above Politics Show 10

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Above Politics Show 10

There are gremlins in the studio today, as Martin and Justin fight their way through technical problems to interview ATS member Johnny Utah. Johnny talks candidly about his brush with hurricane Katrina, and its devastating after effects. ATS members Xpert11 and Tuning Spork are both named the winners of a difficult trivia challenge. ATS members DimensionalDetective, Battlestargalactica, and ModernAcademia have their topics referenced as Johnny Utah explains the Republican plan for victory in 2008. Justin grants Tuning Spork's wish for a new microphone, in spite of the gremlins.

Threads discussed in show #10:

Author: Johnny Utah
Title: I lost everything in Katrina…and guess what? I didn’t live in New Orleans
www.abovetopsecret.com:80...

Author: Johnny Utah
Title: The government lied to us, and they should have.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Threads started by Other ATS members:

Author: ModernAcademia
Title: Bush proposes to expand Federal Reserve and Financial regulation overhaul

Author
imensionalDetective

Title: USA 2008: The Great Depression

Author:Battlestargalactica
Title: Homeland Security TV meets George Orwell?

PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS SHOW THREAD ONLY OR GO TO THE ABOVEPOLITICS.COM HOME BELOW

length: 45:22
file: atsmix_2884.mp3
size: 15949k
feed: atsmix

To DOWNLOAD This Program, Put Your Mouse Cursor Over the BLUE SHOW FILE NAME, Then RIGHT CLICK. Slide The Cursor Down To SAVE TARGET AS And Then CLICK .... Now Just Decide WHERE You Want To Download The File To And CLICK SAVE. You Might Also Consider SUBSCRIBING To The Shows Through iTunes Where They Are Downloaded To Your computer Automatically.

VISIT The ABOVE POLITICS Home NOW

BONUS – THE NEW DAVE & JOHNNY MUSIC VIDEO “RABBIT RAIN”.

The ATS MIX boys, Dave Rabbit & Johnny Anonymous, from AboveTopSecret.Com do their version of Tay Zonday’s “Chocolate Rain”.

[edit on 4/3/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Justin I struggled to hear a word you were saying. As for the trivia question if I heard correctly there was a reference to Churchill and a document . This leads to guess that the reference was to one of Churchill school reports which wasn't so flash.

Source

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It has been said that we learn by doing. In the last eight weeks, I've learned more about computers and digital audio than I ever thought possible. Today, I learned through failure. I got a new microphone, and a feedback resulted between it and my speakers. I didn't know that such a thing was possible. Now, I do.

I take full responsibility for the technical failings in this show. Nobody gets more frustrated than I do when my OJT becomes so...obvious. Having said that, I have every intention of continuing to learn as Dave and Johnny teach me. As Dave says, it's a process. Nobody does this right in the early days.

I believe in what we're doing here. This is a unique opportunity that doesn't come along very often. There's more to this than I thought their could be. It's only fair that the chance to reach such a large audience should come with so many responsibilities.

I don't have the technical expertise that other do, but I do have a working brain and a big mouth and I'm not afriad to either one. I will not quit. I will not give up. Learn, and do. Then, do it again. Apply bandages as necessary.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The "naughty document" was the result of Churchill's negotiations with Stalin concerning the future of the Balkan states. Churchill basically ceded control of Romania and other areas to the Soviet Union in return for Allied control up to and including Greece. Knowing that the U.S. had no more taste for war in Europe after the defeat of Hitler and Mussolini, FDR approved of the arrangement. The Cold War had begun.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Justin_Case

Well, I'm glad that Dave and Johnny are helping you because the microphone I looked into doesn't seem to be up to snuff.

The new mike sounds better, but the volume levels are still off. And the sound could still use a little more "transparency" (still sounds a bit muffled).

The most obvious issue this go-round is the reverb on Martin and Johnny Utah's lines. Wussupwitdat?

BTW, lest I be remiss, EXCELLENT INTERVIEW! Johnny Utah is an asset to the AbovePolitics show. Clear thoughts and a gift for communicating them on his feet.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Justin its OK for now I can lie at the end of my bed and put my ears as close to my PC speakers as possible. Since I live alone I don't have any questions about this activity.

Tuning Spork while I don't know the answer I would say it is fair bet you have it right . I concur concerning as a AP show guest.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I presume you mean: "I concur concerning Johnny Utah as a AP show guest.
"

Yay fer that. So it's unanimous: More Johnny Utah!!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
I presume you mean: "I concur concerning Johnny Utah as a AP show guest.
"

Yep that is what I meant. I must have forgotten to proof my post not that I am good proof reader anyway. I very much enjoyed hearing Don White views as well.

In the future why not have a panel of guests ?
I can just imagen Don and Johnny debating the issues.

Cheers xpert11.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by xpert11]

[edit on 4-4-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Guys,

Thanks for bearing with us on the show. Both Justin and I are constantly improving the hardware we use, and despite test after test, we still get bitten.

And thanks for the ideas on the show moring forward. The panel one is something for Justin and I to consider. And I think a panel with Don and John could have some fireworks.

And then we could get you two as a panel??

Keep the ideas coming.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Don White AND Johnny Utah? In the same room? Yikes. Do we have that kind of insurance?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin_Case
Don White AND Johnny Utah? In the same room? Yikes. Do we have that kind of insurance?

The AP show just became uninsurable . What you need to do is have a studio version of a Liberty Ship. Every time the studio gets wrecked you just built another one. Just make sure you don't lose your tools in a riot and to save money make sure guests bring a Fire Extinguisher with them.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hey, come on. I do enough damage to the equipment. I'm pretty sure the Amigos would have serious issues if we wrecked our studio. I want to keep this gig. We'll just have to do that debate by phone. It'll be safer.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin_Case

Hmmmmm....that could be fun.
Thanks guys, for giving me the air time. You are gracious hosts and all around good guys.
I can't wait to hear your next interview.
I think this is a very good format and the way we are getting to know our fellow politically astute members...well....it is fantastic.
don't forget us when you go national!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
By the way, did I get the trivia question right?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MajKarma

I took great offense to the comments and opinions of Johnny Utah; my immediate reaction to this gentleman cost me 500 points and a T & C Violation.

My son just came out of the Marines after two tours of Irag; I am a Veteran as is my father who is a retire AF Col who flew B52 missions in V.N. while I was on the ground in the mud and blood. We are 19th Generation Americans and I am saying again, I utterly disagree with this Johnny character about 9-11, about gas needing to go to $5 a gal, about why Bush sent us into Iraq and basicallly, the guy really set me off. If this is who ATS Mix is going to give air time too... well, that too I had better keep to myself or they will ban me.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I personally don't have much value for those of Johnny Utah. He can't even get his facts straight, and seems quite naive really, dangerously so.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
He can't even get his facts straight, and seems quite naive really, dangerously so.

Would you care to point which view points and facts you think that Johnny got wrong ?

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Would you care to point which view points and facts you think that Johnny got wrong ?

Well, as I said, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I am not going to pull apart the entire show point by point to show where my opinions differ. I will say though, that he should get the facts before discussing things he doesn't really know about, such as combat rules of engagement for example.

EDIT to add: I have had discussions with Johnny Utah elsewhere as well, that have helped to formulate my opinion of where he is coming from. I don't think he's a bad guy or anything, just wrong.

[edit on 4/5/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

jackinthe box,

All members are welcome to comment, agree or disagree with the members we have on the show.

I would certainly be interested, even at a high level, we hear you comments on what Johnny Utah had to say, and this is the place to post your comments.

And the offer is there for you to come on a future show. Just u2u me or Justin.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Martin Bain]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join