It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy to suppress knowledge

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
hehehe found a funny lecture on "pop culture" becoming pseudo history.

video.stumbleupon.com...=q4jm0jbwo2

still waiting for the second part to load (crappy net connection) but this guy is a funny(and good) lecturer, too bad there was no one like him at my uni.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
[quote

and you imply that all he meant was 'just' your usual monopolies, I call bollocks. if the biggest men in the united states cant even talk about it, then its a little bit beyond a normal monopoly. Note he called it "A power". Not powers. He also described 'it' as organised, subtle, interlocked and COMPLETE, In other words, its a functional description of the business workings of the illuminati (at least I see it as such, and yes, I had a read of the speech). Just because he doesn't name it as such does not change its identity.

Go read the entire speech, the president explains it in great detail, you've been deceived by a quote that has been taken out of context. Ever hear of the Sherman act?

Well obvious HE could talk about it as did every other person in the US - which is why the Sherman act came into effect to curtain monopolies.

Bit of the subject aren't we now? LOL

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
[quote

and you imply that all he meant was 'just' your usual monopolies, I call bollocks. if the biggest men in the united states cant even talk about it, then its a little bit beyond a normal monopoly. Note he called it "A power". Not powers. He also described 'it' as organised, subtle, interlocked and COMPLETE, In other words, its a functional description of the business workings of the illuminati (at least I see it as such, and yes, I had a read of the speech). Just because he doesn't name it as such does not change its identity.

Go read the entire speech, the president explains it in great detail, you've been deceived by a quote that has been taken out of context. Ever hear of the Sherman act?

Well obvious HE could talk about it as did every other person in the US - which is why the Sherman act came into effect to curtain monopolies.

Bit of the subject aren't we now? LOL

I have read the speech(*), and I do not think I am the one who has been deceived (though we might have to agree to disagree). Monopolies, corrupt government acting for special interests of cartels of organised, complete, subtle, interlocked, powerful interests etc etc. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and you want to call it a bird, that doesn't make it any less of a duck. Or perhaps a closer analogy is the story about the three blind men describing the elephant. In this case, just because Woodrow MAY not have realized he was describing a large part of the functional mechanics of how the Illuminati controls things (ie their trunk), does not mean the rest of the elephant was not attached behind the trunk, out of his arms reach.

regarding the Sherman act, and to Woodrow being able to (perhaps unknowingly) HINT at the Illuminati, while still leaving the interpretation open enough for people like you to miss it , it comes down to this: Has it helped? could anyone today seriously say that the US government is not controlled by special interest groups in exactly the way Woodrow described? could you seriously claim that monopolies don't exist in many business areas? try bringing a new car to market, or competing with the telcos, then answer that. So sure the act was brought in, but thats because a) "they" didnt have complete control (still dont) and b) they knew they could get round it. Its analogous to the Federal reserve act, perhaps at the time you could argue the structure allowed for public control and checks and balances, but with US debt at around 10 trillion and rising, and the great depression being something that even Bernanke admits the fed itself caused (of course he says accidentally, but then he would, wouldn't he), I think its plainly obvious that Warburg et al knew exactly how they were going to circumvent those measures they invented when they introduced it.

as to being off topic: depends on which particular group you want to talk about being behind the (possible) cover up. Me, I see potential tentacles of the Illuminati octopus in many of the potential groups hiding info (eg Vatican, Smithsonian, Egyptian antiquities (hawass)), although I also see the (IMO less likely) option they are doing it completely independently of each other for their own reasons. Anyway, you're the one asking for examples of who might be behind it all, then when given attack their existance (nothing wrong with that), then when they are defended, you say "off topic"?

(*)as an interesting side note, I wonder, could his description of government as an evolving living thing be considered one of the earliest descriptions of memetic evolution?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yep he was talking about Monopolies and not a NWO conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Yep IMHO he was talking about Monopolies and not a NWO conspiracy.

fixed it for you.
(also I dont know if you understood this from my previous post or not, but even if in HIS opinion he was talking about monopolies, doesnt change that he was in fact, IMHO, talking about the less hidden aspects of NWO).

Anyway, like I said, this is not going anywhere, lets leave this particular discussion here. I understand and accept that those that believe in NWO will understand and likely agree with me, and those that dont will likely agree with you.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

They take away our choices, by hiding things they feel we are not yet ready to know. There is also the fact that if no one believed in Christ any longer, they would lose world control.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
THATS FUNNY hansulane....... I propesed this Idea in another thread....

IVANZANA: Do you think the flat earth disinfo, stories of sea creatures and the reality pirates were all created to ensure no one will travel to and from the Americas? if so, by whom, tha Vatican?

Hans: That concept (flat earth) was common with the first civilizations and is repeated in many cultures – as are sea monsters. Sorry no I don’t think there was a conspiracy to stop oceanic traffic.

Why not? This would fall into the conspiracy to supress ancient knowledge.

Keep an open mind... then more can come in.

Ill add to

IVANZANA: Do you think the flat earth disinfo, stories of sea creatures and the reality pirates were all created to ensure no one will travel to and from the Americas? Until they can secure it for colonisation for complete ownership... if so, by whom, tha Vatican? British Monarchy?

[edit on 28-6-2008 by IvanZana]

[edit on 28-6-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Keep an open mind... then more can come in.

Yes you should try that

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
There is something I've been researching of late which might fit into this thread. I haven't connected the dots, but I do have some fragments:

We are learning more an more about Neanderthal man, and his possible contribution to our genetic heritage. Archaeologists and anthropologists of the past have looked at the limited evidence, which seems to indicate that Neanderthal did not use jewelry or art as extensively as Cromagnon man. From our perspective, we think this indicates less sophistication on the part of Neanderthal man. It is known that Neanderthal's brain was arranged differently, and that it was in fact larger than Cromagnon's brain. It is suspected that Neanderthal did not require external cues, in the form of jewelry, to indicate social status. In fact, it seems that Neanderthal may have had a more collective sense of self, or a distributed sense of self. Neanderthal may have been born with an awareness that modern mystics strive to attain - namely, the "we are all one" kind of consciousness.

Something interesting about Neanderthal is the fact that he was white, he was based in the Caucasus Mountains, and had red hair and fair hair. His forehead sloped backwards more than his humanoid contemporaries, and his skull was elongated in the back. It is reckoned that he may have had an intuitive grasp of nature and geometry that we might be in awe of. He may have had abilities that frightened other humanoids, and if he was, in fact, able to perceive reality in higher dimensions, then his gifts would have seemed supernatural to the other humanoids. Add to this his disregard for symbols of status, and his different appearance, and you have a group of humans that other human groups were probably afraid of.

Nephilim?

There is an idea that Neanderthal and Cromagnon did successfully interbreed, and that those Neanderthal genes are distributed in greater and lesser concentrations around the globe. It is possible that, since some early cultures carefully controlled human breeding like bloodstock, certain Neanderthal traits were cultivated and others just tagged along for the ride.

One particularly interesting idea is that the pyramid builders in Egypt and in South America were descendants of this blood line. Statuary in Egypt depicts the early royalty as having elongated skulls. Similarly, the Mayans took to binding the skulls of their children, to honour the "gods" (white-skinned, bearded men) who built their pyramid complexes and their culture. These "gods" had elongated skulls.

So then we come to the origin of the Jews. Neanderthal and Sapiens bones are found buried together in parts of the Holy Land. Blood lines were maintained. Jews had a unique social order that caused them to be distrusted by other peoples in various lands at various times. The prophets of the OT warned against the worshipping of the self-image and the false idols - perhaps because they were more in touch with the group mind and because the other peoples weren't. Hellenism was diametrically opposed to the mindset these Jews shared. Some of them more than others, which would be the case given the hybridized bloodlines.

Albert Einstein had strong physical characteristics of Neanderthal heritage. He was one of those fellows who had little patience for social conventions and notions of personal status. He had an intuitive grasp of physics and geometry - he intuited the curvature of space!

Most of the gifted physicists brought together for the Manhattan Project were Jews.

One of the elegant, if tragic, bits of symmetry in this story (if the story is true) is the implication that the noble and "pure" ancestry the Nazis were searching for was shared by the very people they were gassing.

I actually cut out two components of the story I am piecing together because, if they are true, then they absolutely represent not only a national security secret, but also an international one. It has been suggested to me that letting the cat out of the bag on these "extra" topics could have dire consequences, and I am inclined to believe this is true. But I will say this...

Go watch the latest Indiana Jones movie...

[edit on 30-6-2008 by applebiter]

[edit on 30-6-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Howdy Applebiter

An interesting theory

Are you the famous Applebiter of JunJun fame?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Not so much a theory as a hobby. I would be more comfortable calling it fiction than speculative non-fiction at this time, but I'm drafting an outline and beginning my research in earnest. I should have more for you in a while.

Prevailing attitudes and speculation about Neanderthal are not so complimentary. However, most scientists have accepted the idea that Neanderthal did have expert knowledge and deep long-term memory. They just happen to think that he wasn't as creative, and didn't have enough working short term memory to juggle multiple items in attention at one time.

But pair Neanderthal with Cromagnon, and you get something with potentially more cognitive horsepower than either of the parent species possessed individually. That is my working thesis. I do think that the original offspring of such a mating could have been physically larger than either parent, for the same reason a "liger" is much larger than either a tiger or a lion. I think we might have the answer to the Nephilim.

-- Yeah, it's me.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by applebiter]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join