It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist flaws

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23Eulogy23
What about the dozens of flaws in the bible?

Most of the "flaws" makes sence when you look into them. But others are more difficult to make sense of. Anything special in mind? Test me.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Ok you have not shown one thread of proof so i will end this with I wish you well and please learn to see things objectively.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Originally posted by 23Eulogy23
What about the dozens of flaws in the bible?

Most of the "flaws" makes sence when you look into them. But others are more difficult to make sense of. Anything special in mind? Test me.

Is that not that the same for the movie?

A mistake here and there in the movie yet is wrong ,
you take the bible, a mistake here and there, and it becomes a religion.

So really how is the movie wrong?
What specifics are wrong?
Was the talk of the sun, stars wrong?
The fed reserve wrong?

Theres more to the movie then just religion.

I'm not an x-tian but if someone does say this wasn't mentioned and it is sorry but I'll go with "well it says it, printed right here" even if I don't follow it.

I don't believe in a birth of a virgin but I do believe the book has it written there because I seen it with my own eyes.
So has many others. I'm sticking to this part because you have not acknowledged that its there after you said it wasn't mentioned.
Yet its right there in print not just in this book but also on "internet" copies of it.
Is is there? Yes, so your part of the movie being flawed of mentioning the virgin birth "because its not mentioned" is flawed because it is mentioned.

So bring the next flaw....

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
It is mentioned in the Greek text, not in the Hebrew. Hebrew simply says young woman who's ready to be married. The Gospel doesn't call Mary a virgin after she is pregnant, only when Gabriel announce to her that she will have a child, Mary claims to be a virgin. What if she simply said she was Virgo?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
why are most of the claims against the documentary about the Religion thing.
Arent the next two parts the more pressing matters?
Personally, the movie didnt even need the first bit, true or false, its what this country/world is coming to that needs to be discussed.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The two latest things are mostly true, it's religion they don't know well enough. They have changed the laws and times, and they don't know what they are saying even. For how can the sun rise in Orion each winter solstice while there is a new constellation the sun goes up in at vernal equinox. It's just not possible.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

I agree Odessy, that the first part of the movie didn't actually add that much to the overall point the movie was making.

I also agree with NeoChristianMystic though, the factual/historical errors (in the first part at least were scary). If you want evidence, check a text book on mythology. They completely confused the Isis/Horus/Osiris story, as well as every other myth they covered.

I am not an expert by any stretch, but when everything I can easily check turns out to be wrong then it calls the whole publication into question.

I am not discounting that the Jesus story was based on existing 'saviour' myths but the similarities are a bit more subtle than the movie made out. Unfortunately by focusing on superficial similarities (which are made-up anyway) you lose the opportunity to consider the deeper implications of the saviour myths.

Maybe the truth requires thoughtful analysis and doesn't work so well presented in soundbites to a background of catchy music and sound effects!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
not 1 historian mentioned Jesus as a living being. but many mentioned all the martyrs who died for christianity. dig?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hiya,

Originally posted by ringing
really, all my years of Catholic teachings were incorrect? So whats with all the "immaculate conception" "Born of the Virgin Mary" stuff?

Well,
you just confused the immaculate conception with the virgin birth - different things, but often confused. Looks like you didn't remember the teachings very well.

(But the original point was that the Hebrew said "maiden", NOT "virgin".)

Originally posted by ringing
and the film shows ALL the other religions have the SAME date as references,

But - it's wrong.
No religion venerated SPECIFICALLY December 25th before Christianity, who only mentioned this date long after Jesus anyway.

Kapyong

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
not 1 historian mentioned Jesus as a living being. but many mentioned all the martyrs who died for christianity. dig?

And my guess is that not a single historian will mention you or me either, but it doesn't mean we are nonexistant. Jesus was sought executed like a common criminal. How many common criminals do you find in the history books? There were thousands of miracle workers and "messiahs" at the time. It was da thang back then. I may be wrong, but if you believe the miracles of the Gospel performed by Jesus back then, my guess is that if you traveled back in time and saw rit, you would be very dissapointed when you figuerd out there was nothing supernatural to any of his acts. Just tricks and gadgets, remedies and common sense. Wish for it and you already have it.

To destroy can be to maintain and is essencial to any creative work. "Break a leg", "kill your darlings", that sort of stuff, how creators excel and evolve. But sadly, man loves art more than artists. For instance. An artist wants to make a sculpture. He finds a rock, and in order to turn it into something beatiful, he must destroy parts of the rock. And in order to make a good longbow, you must split the tree in half, to cast a unique statue in bronze, you destroy mold to reveal it's negative. There are ways around it of course, and that was what Jesus was so good at. He seemed impossible to humble or humiliate, the the irony of fait lures in the end. How do you survive death? To say it like this: it has more to do with thelomeres and genetics than anything Jesus was capable of, and this will just halt ageing, it won't help you if someone shot your brains out. Well, being smart will get you far, but in the end we can only hope that time is relative and you managed to overcome your enemies even before they showed up. C?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join