It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist flaws

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ringing
but it doesnt appear that "just" the Roman Catholic Church does this, it appears nearly all religions do this, so wouldnt that be evidence enough that none of is truly real? just an ongoing story to make people feel they have to act in a certain manner do to a God, heaven hell and so on?

The Catholic church tailored Jesus to fit the Babylonian astrology and religion. You see the religion of the Egypt through Assyria, Babylon, Media, Persia, Greece and Rome empires is basically the same religion. The gods only have different names etc. It's a religion based on astrology. For instance is the Roman Venus nothing but another name of the Babylonian Ishtar. They have the same features stories and so on. They are astrological gods who repeats their journey on the sky time and time over...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
sorry if I am misunderstanding you, are you saying that the religions are based on truly nothing more than astrological events and put human stories to them, and in the original post only clarifying that Jesus didnt actually have a virgin mother because its simply not true?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Religion emerged in Mesopotamia long time ago. In order to bring a spark of the divine into it, they started following the idea that we know from among other things the Lords prayer: "...your will be done on earth as it is in heaven".

De 4:39 Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

When the astrologers saw a great sign in the heavens, like a morning star or a transit or a major conjunction they believed these events would also take place on earth and they developed astrology. A morning star, when Venus rises just before the sun at dawn in the east they saw this as a sign that a great king etc. would be born. And the morning star occurs regularilly through the complete 120 year cycle of venus. When they accnowledged these regular patterns stories emerged. Nothing else.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I understand that, but what I am not clear on is the issue of if you are saying( or not) if religious beliefs are nothing more that stories, that werent necessarily even true.
Such as the Parting of the Red Sea, The birth of Christ, and so on.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It started out as stories and developed into a system where people often planned their births. Like in China. In the "year of the sheep" birth rates drops radically due to the weak personality of the sheep. In the year of the dragon birth rates rise equally due to the strong characteristics of the dragon. They looked at their charts and calculated the paths of the stars into the different constellations and if they saw for instance that Venus would be the morningstar at let's say the first of June one year, you would probably see the birthrates rise around that date, since people all wanted children with protection from the gods. Birth/nathal charts were used to choose kings and politicans, priests and prophets etc. So it developed into real life from the stories. The idea was that the personality and power etc of a person would be affected by the stars. And astrologers helped kings and generals to chose dates and places for wars and battles and other major events. Like the day a king would enter or leave office.

Nowdays, the Vatican still seams to use these methods. Pope John II was born on a day with a solar eclipse, and was not buried until there was another solar eclipse. This was probably done in order to make him fit into st. Malachy's prophecies which called John Paul II "De Labore Solis" or "From the eclipse of the sun". Likeways the nathal chart of the American Declaration of Independence seams to have been tailored in similar manner.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hi,

You may debate all you want but in the end it does not matter.
What matters is that all those important figures were beings.

We are all people, we are energy visible by light.
We are one, we are GOD.

You must not worship idols.
You must ask the right questions you seek within yourself and the correct answers will come. You already are what you aspire to be!

Live your life not searching the world on the outside, but rather spend your time focusing your energies on the world that is inside and discover who you truly are.

We are wonderful creative and intelligent beings, we are beautiful.
We are all connected and connected to the Akashic field, we are everything and none.

Your Gods do not matter because they are all from the same place, and so are you all. You are light and darkness, good and bad, beautiful and ugly, far and near. We are all part of the composition of a Universal Symphony.

Unconditional love

Peace

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Drewdatt

And that was in response to? Please stick to the subject. We are not energy we are flesh and bones. Energy is Mass times Lightspeed squared as far as we know. We are living souls with living spirits. Sorry, guys, just had to...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

After reading through all of this it seems like you are trying to push your beliefs as fact and on other people you have yet to post anything to back up what you are trying to prove just my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well I'm not writing a PhD here. I refer to astrology, religious texts like Zarathustra, the Egyptian Book of the Dead and the Bible among other things. A bunch of books on world history would also be at base. If you don't know much about this, there would be no point in watching the Zeitgeist movie, since this is exactly what it bases it's assumptions uppon. If anyone is trying to push his beliefs on you it would be the director of Zeitgeist

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I never felt he was pushing it on me or anybody watching it he says nurmerous times to do the research yourself and don't get me wrong I am not trying to back him either way all I am saying is where is your proof other than word of mouth?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Well I'm not writing a PhD here. I refer to astrology, religious texts like Zarathustra, the Egyptian Book of the Dead and the Bible among other things. A bunch of books on world history would also be at base. If you don't know much about this, there would be no point in watching the Zeitgeist movie, since this is exactly what it bases it's assumptions uppon. If anyone is trying to push his beliefs on you it would be the director of Zeitgeist

But what I'm reading in your posts is a basic going along with the movie, how is that debunking it?

The movie says its based on stars, your saying its based on stars.
You're saying basically the same things as the movie yet clam that the movie is flawed.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well lets talk about cars. A Ferrari and a Beetle are both cars, but definately not the same. Where the Mithraist would see the constellation of a dragon, I would see the Father Jesus refered to. They are the same stars, only the lines between them are different. Zeitgeist say it's merely astrological myths and nothing more. Well people live by astrology and shape their lives after it. If a star in a certain constellation told Jesus that it was time to enter Jerusalem on a donkey he did so. As in heaven so on earth. I am not saying he just happened to fulfill the astrological and scriptual prophecies, we willfully fulfilled them in order to complete the Plan of God. His parents were also helping and ancient secret societies played their parts like they do today, in order to make the prophecies come true. For instance, the Book of Revelation is an astrological prophecy that spans over an aeon and some. Most of the events have already passed. But the worst and best is yet to come. WW3 and the emergence of Hell would be the climax of the worst, and the New Jerusalem and the Kingdom of Heaven would climax the best.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
From what I gathered from the movie is that he was saying JC was not the man or god he was made out to be.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well that's partly correct. You see the film says Jesus never existed. That the Gospel is simply a fabrication based on ancient astrological myths. I beg to differ.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The jc you know and love never did is all he was refering to the more I see of your post you take things to literial. just my opinon.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Buddyweiser]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing this movie up it got me to want to watch it agian.

(spelling man I need to slow down on coffee.:lol

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
And that means?

The bible is all about details and essence. Like the stars in heaven. You can either choose to just see a bunch of stars, or you can aim a telescope somewhere and see the background radiation of Big Bang. Either you read the Bible and simply close it. Or you study it in the least detail and get to understand the essence of it...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It souds to me like your religion got rocked after seeing this and it is understandable but try to keep an open mind and really do some research you might find to be very intresting I am not saying your wrong but it is part of don't take everything at face value just like this movie do your own unbias research and it will blow your mind.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What about the dozens of flaws in the bible?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I was inspired by the movie to take up some old work and continue researching it. It's not news that there are so many similarities in especially the religions and traditions of the Middle-East. I don't find it strange at all. However, to use this to say Jesus never existed is straight forward meaningless. Should we believe that George Bush don't exist just because papers all over the world writes about his mistakes in most similar ways? I don't think so. Should we dismiss the fact that USA may get Obama as it's president and not vote, just because there was a similar election process two hundred years ago where some other guy won? This is the logics of the Zeitgeist movie anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join