It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions saved if inmates freed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Millions saved if inmates freed

www.usatoday.com

PROVIDENCE (AP) — Lawmakers from California to Kentucky are trying to save money with a drastic and potentially dangerous budget-cutting proposal: releasing tens of thousands of convicts from prison, including drug addicts, thieves and even violent criminals.

Officials acknowledge that the idea carries risks, but they say they have no choice because of huge budget gaps brought on by the slumping economy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
While I don't agree with early release of violent offenders I don't have a problem releasing non-violent drug offenders. They are talking about releasing these non violent drug offenders to rehab treatment programs, hmm imagine that.

Ya know our economy is in the tank, we can't afford to run our own prisons yet they just approved $50 million for aids victims worldwide. Hmmm drug testing for congress would be a good idea.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yeah I tend to agree, free the nonviolent drug offenders before the prison system turns them into hardened criminals, keep the thugs locked up instead.

Our prison system is a bloated monstrosity, and has shown a real knack for turning harmless minor offenders into hardcore creeps.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Non-violent offender "yes", violent offenders "No". Are these government people smoking crack when they come up with these stupid ideas?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Non-violent offender "yes", violent offenders "No". Are these government people smoking crack when they come up with these stupid ideas?

Im hoping it will be violent as in malicious destruction of property or something .

I bet we could save a few billion if every state released the MJ "offenders"

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Somebody get the names of those lawmakers.
This is bound to backfire.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sounds like a Batman movie....Bruce Wayne's hands will be full lol

top topics

join