It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diplomats: Iran assembling centrifuges

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

What is so "extreme" about Iran? Do you mean their religion? Because I don't see Iranian Muslims as anywhere near as extreme as the Saudi Wahabbist Sunnis that make up Al Queda and are causing havoc in Iraq. Iran even helped us overthrow the Taliban in Afghanistan, that were a valid target in my mind and a true "extreme" leadership.

Why do we choose to ignore Iran's own stated goal to destroy Israel?

Because that's not their stated goal?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
What is so EXTREME About Iran, is they are the first nation to publically flaunt their actions, against US 'insistance'

What so extreme, is for the first time in history, the US Is powerless to enforce their will, trade, local economies, oil-dependant industries would all crumble if they tried...

sadly, I fear you have a leader that honestly believes he can pull a cat out of a hat, and get away with it..

'' one nuke here, one over there and we'll let those israeli's clean up the mess ''

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Why the heck not??

Honestly like what? Further sanctions? Clearly this will not prevent Iran from wanting to become independent by producing their own nuclear fuel.

If you're suggesting Military action to enforce this ruling, then what? They know simply by doing so Iran would probably protect their interests by knocking out the ability to have the Gulf Ports and disallowing any oil export. That would put the final nail in the coffin of our economy here.

By doing nothing, and just "seeing whats gonna happen", in this case is probably the best choice to avoid turmoil that would be devestating.

Originally posted by TheBorg

Isn't the UN able to defend it's own resolutions? If not, then I suggest new leadership is needed.

TheBorg

Certainly, except when cost outweighs benefit.

I have zero love for the UN as an orginization period, however, in this scenario, I'm not so sure leadership is the failing element, I think for once, prudence is prevailing and someone somewhere is actually using a cool head, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Just my opinion and $.02

AB1

[edit on 10-4-2008 by alphabetaone]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

The UN hasn't upheld a single resolution to a positive end in recent years, that I've seen. I may be mistaken, and I ask that anyone that can prove me wrong to do so. I always like learning something new.

Now, I'd like to state that I'm not against Iran having nuclear power, as it's something that's good for any industrialized nation. I would PREFER that no one have it, as it creates waste that we cannot deal with at the present time. It would be nice if they would pursue renewable sources, like solar power. It's not like they don't get any sunshine over there.

Do I think they need nukes? Hell no. Quite simply, I don't think that anyone needs em. We need to get over these petty differences of ours, and realize that we're a PEOPLE, and not separate groups of people. We need to learn how to work together for the betterment of all mankind, not just our single nation.

I hope that my previous statements don't make anyone think that I'm anti-Iran, as I'm not. I support their rights to access to good sources of energy. I just think that oversight, on a global level is needed here. The same should be applied to any nuclear-industrialized nation.

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

No, you absolutely did not give the wrong impression Borg, I see your points, and also think you're right on the money.

I also agree 150% with the premise that NO ONE should really have nukes of ANY fashion, power or otherwise, and perhaps opt for a renewable cleaner solution that mankind can indeed not be burdened with thousands of years of waste which is not approachable.

I too, believe that Iran, like any other nation, has the absolute right to pursue any means at ALL which is for the betterment of, if not civilization, for at least their own people. If THIS is Irans intent, and we are sanctioning them or (yes people I'm going to use word I usually reserve for rogue and uncivilized nations) oppresing them, then sincerely, shame on us and the world.

AB1

[edit on 11-4-2008 by alphabetaone]

[edit on 11-4-2008 by alphabetaone]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join