It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Must have** Spot Satellite Personal Tracker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I recently bought one of these AWESOME things, and I can say without a doubt that they work. I set up my account and sent a test signal to everybody on my list. They all got the text messages and email within 5 min...Gives the people you want long and lat along with map pic of where you are.......Check them out

www.findmespot.com...

How It Works: Once activated, SPOT will acquire its exact coordinates from the GPS network, and send that location along with a distress message to a GEOS International Emergency Response Center every five minutes until cancelled. The Emergency Response Center notifies the appropriate emergency responders based on your location and personal information – which may include local police, highway patrol, the Coast Guard, our country’s embassy or consulate, or other emergency response or search and rescue teams – as well as notifying your emergency contact person(s) about the receipt of a distress signal.

Also check out the video!

www.findmespot.com...

***I DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY OR SELL THESE THINGS***

[edit on 3-4-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yeah, this is great, when Sitx happens I'll want TPTB to know exactly where I am. Heck, I should let them know where I am all the time, maybe I should get a tracking chip inplanted under my skin so they will be able to keep track of my all the time.

Sorry bro, that sounds like a really bad idea, letting Big Brother know where you are if your in the wilderness. Good find (I guess didn't check out the site cause this seems fishy), but no way in this world (or out of it) am I going to freely give out a distress signal so the Government knows where I am.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Not every body is paranoid. Paranoia will destroy you long before the government.. honestly don't you think the government is a little to busy to be looking for lil ole you.

This is a great idea for hikers hunters and campers. anybody who goes off alone or in small groups and runs the risk of getting lost. think about all the young people getting kidnapped and killed. this could help. not every thing is bad.

Paranoia can really take all the fun out of life.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yeah.....Look, I am not afraid of the government. I worked in it for several years.....I am MUCH more afraid of your average Joe when the food is not in the stores. This device is for a EMERGENCY....if you are hiding from the cops than I doubt you would want one...Me....If I am hurt or lost I want everything with a light and badge headed my way fast. Plus IF and this is a big "if" you could always use this thing to throw off the folks on your tail.....has many uses..

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
"If Les Stroud endorses it, it must be good!"

Yeah, as mentioned just keep in mind that if people you want are able to track you, people you don't want knowing your location will be able to find out where you are too. But they can already do that with cell phones pretty much anyway, right?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Cool... TGDLR, you've been happy with it, no problems? I've been thinking about buying something like it for my daughter.

Thank you

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
No problems yet......Be better if it was a SAT Blackberry too....But I am sure those are next. As it is, it is simple and tough. Hell it even floats.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I've been looking at one of these things too. In my case, I do a lot of hiking and traveling alone. I have been in my share of precarious posistions and as I get older I can appreciate the advantages of having one of these. It could mean he differance between life and death if faced with a situation where I become disabled and unable to self rescue myself.

Forget Big Brother on this one, in an end of the world Your definatley not going to be using this thing to broadcast your position. I did however like the idea of using it as a false flag to throw searchers off your trail, Not that I would need to do that but I like the thinking.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Yeah you could get 5 or 6 of these things, open accounts, and if you wanted to make a real mess toss one on a train going one way, and another going the other way. One on a semi in a truck stop.....and so on...then leave out your account info in plain site...
WOW the more I think about this.........Also wait awhile to get one....Cheaper than dirt has them now, but I bet they hit ebay soon...if not there..for cheap.

join