It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Marine in Vegas admits looting Iraq service members' accounts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Source www.signonsandiego.com...

LAS VEGAS – Authorities in Nevada say an ex-Marine from Texas pleaded guilty to federal conspiracy, fraud, and identity theft charges in the theft of money from the bank accounts of Marines stationed in Iraq.

Does that define Semper fidelis or what?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
What a scumbag.

A nice punishment would be to drop him off at the nearest Marine base. Punishment will be swift and brutal.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It's too bad he's out. He could get a dishonorable discharge on top of it all. He still might if he has only been released from active duty.

Marine Corps brigs are very unpleasant places and Ft. Leavenworth is no picnic.

30 years hard labor would do him good.

I can hardly think of anything lower than stealing from fellow Marines.

He should be stripped of the title.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Talk about low.

What an absolute shame that someone would do something like that to a fellow serviceman.

I think it goes without saying I am not the "hoorah" kinda guy, but the layers of betrayal in doing something like this disgust me.

reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Something tells me that this person has done more harm to himself than a dishonorable discharge can ever do, as it is obvious that he had absolutely zero respect for any other aspect of military life. With national attention and an admission to boot, he wouldn't be washing dishes in my restaurant.

[edit on 4/4/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Hiyah Gauncents,

I can tell by the threads you start that you like breaking news...me too...that's why I usually comment on your posts.

You bring very thought-provoking news to the ATS community IMO.

I just hope the sarcasm that I detected from your comment was meant for that particular scum bag marine and not for the marines as a whole

That said, I agree with Grady, that's absolutely as low as you can sink..stealing from your fellow marines or any armed services people ought to carry a stricter penalty then civilians stealing from each other.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313

I just hope the sarcasm that I detected from your comment was meant for that particular scum bag marine and not for the marines as a whole

Your sarcasm detector is fully operational and the batteries fully charged!

Thank you for the nice remarks.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by gauncents]

new topics

top topics

join