It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS Poll: Views on Economy At All Time Low

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

CBS Poll: Views on Economy At All Time Low

www.cbsnews.com

(CBS) Americans' views on the economy and the general state of the country have hit an all-time low in the history of the CBS News/New York Times poll. Eighty-one percent of those polled say the country is on the wrong track, while only 14 percent believe it is .ing in the right direction.

Asked to compare the state of the country to how it was five years ago, 78 percent say things are worse today - the highest percentage since CBS News began asking the question in 1986. Only four percent say things are better now.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
And here we have the whitehouse urging people to "spend"...Spend WHAT? Is it just me, or does every one of these 'economists' and the MSM seem to be light years behind in reality of the economic situation that the vast majority of americans are not only aware of, but being overwhelmed with? It seems almost like they truly are in denial, or they think somehow by spewing nonsense out that people are not going to realize how much things are screwed right now? These stats show how aware the public is, so the propeganda is not working...

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said on Wednesday that a recession is possible, but 66 percent of those polled say the country is already in a recession - a number that is unchanged from two weeks ago.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
While I agree that the economy is bad I have a question. Why is everyone I know acting like everything is fine? It is like they have their blinders on and refuse to see anything. Does this mean I can eat my neighbors now? I am getting tired of the Ramen noodles . . .

But seriously, am I the only one that sees people around going on business as usual? Still going out to eat every day and still going around charging everything that they do not need?

Soryy but I need my money for important things like cigarettes and coffee creamer.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bobafett1972

I think it's a simple case of denial. If people ignore it, it'll go away.. If you bring it to their attention, they just abruptly will change the subject, and start talking about some triviality. If you persist, they remember some place else they have to be. I'm tired of trying to forwarn people,and When the ca ca hit the fan, they're on there own.

It's not yet time to eat your neighbors, that'll happen about a year or so from now when your store of rations peter out.

top topics

join