It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dean Scream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I did some searching before I posted this and couldn't find that this was discussed!
The famous John Dean scream after the Iowa causcu, where it seems that he is over the edge.

My husband heard that playing it over and over was a distortion of the reality in the room, it was taken out of context. Several reports siad it was such a loud and exuberant crowd, that you could barely hear what Dean was saying. And after playing it over, and over, and over, pretty much killed his presidential hopes.

home.comcast.net...
[click on APOLOGY]

I don't like Dean, at all.
But, I think the media killed his bid for the White House.
Do you think this was intentional? And, who was behind it?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I did some searching before I posted this and couldn't find that this was discussed!
The famous John Dean scream after the Iowa causcu, where it seems that he is over the edge.

My husband heard that playing it over and over was a distortion of the reality in the room, it was taken out of context. Several reports siad it was such a loud and exuberant crowd, that you could barely hear what Dean was saying. And after playing it over, and over, and over, pretty much killed his presidential hopes.

home.comcast.net...
[click on APOLOGY]

I don't like Dean, at all.

You can thank fox news for that one. I found it funny that extra "Yea" at the end. Dean would of got my vote. As for kerry... I refuse to pick the lesser of 2 evils. Since my people dies for a right that really dosen't matter i'm voting for nader. If i'm going to waste my vote....I'm really going to waste it

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Neilson Media Corporation. The ratings people are behind everything. Not with a purpose or agenda. Just once you get your dailys back from the first run of the Dean Scream and you see a bump, you run it again and again. It's a cycle. So to some extent Neilson, to a larger extent the people. No conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I completely agree that the media overplayed it waaay to much. If they hadn't overplayed it so much, Dean would probably still be in the race. Conservative talk show hosts really screwed Dean over by playing it repetitively on their radio shows. It was shown on ALL mainstream media news stations practically everyday for the next week after Dean gave that concetion speech. I feel pity for Dean for him being screwed by the media (left and right) but, I never really like him anyways so I don't really care that he's out. I also heard on the radio (not his screach) that the microphone he was using was supposed to only capture his voice and not the audience, so that made it even worse.

new topics

top topics

join