It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA inspectors: Bosses tried to suppress reports on inspections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

FAA inspectors: Bosses tried to suppress reports on inspections

www.cnn.com

A cozy relationship between Southwest Airlines officials and the manager of a Federal Aviation Administration office put passengers in danger of catastrophe, an FAA whistle-blower told Congress on Thursday.

FAA inspector Bobby Boutris testified that his supervisor, Douglas Gawadzinski, repeatedly rebuffed his reports of inspection requirement violations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This just makes me sick! I was just watching cnn and then this showed up, he said that he had been threatend and silenced by a faa official or something. Douglas Peters said that his boss told him that "he had a very good job, both him and his wife and we wouldnt like nothing bad to happen to them"

can you believe that its the old you wouldn't like anything bad to happen now would we. I wish i could just grab his boss by the throat and choke him!!!!!

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is disgusting. The FAA's job is to ensure airline safety!

I used to be a flight attendant. One day an FAA man got on the plane and pulled me aside to give me a pop quiz. I told him where the emergency doors were when he asked. He told me I was wrong. I had to point out to him that I was right and pointed to the door that was right next to him that said "Emergency". It was right there and he tried to tell me it wasn't! I think the guy had a bowling ball for a brain. Anyway, I wasn't impressed with the FAA - I've also heard other horror stories.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

The arrogance of the officials in this administration is astonishing. Absolutely no regard for the people that pay their salary's.
The taxpaying citizens of this once great country are nothing more than
chumps and cash cows waiting to be fleeced. Sorry about the mixed metaphors.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house!!

[edit on 3-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

Douglas Peters said that his boss told him that "he had a very good job, both him and his wife and we wouldnt like nothing bad to happen to them" . . can you believe that its the old you wouldn't like anythg bad to happen now would we. I wish i could just grab his boss by the throat . .

FAA Chief testifying today before Congress admits the FAA's manager at Southwest Airlines was “transferred” after this potentially deadly malfeasance was exposed. He was not otherwise disciplined for allowing 70 aircraft of the Southwest fleet of Boeing 737s to go as long as TWO YEARS past their manufacturers recommended inspection dates. United pulled all its 767s out of service over the weekend for inspections. PAST DUE I'd guess.

The FAA Administrator explained that the private airlines and government inspectors were suppose to COOPERATE in the inspections to save time and money. It turns out the airlines have found a way to AVOID inspections altogether and save even MORE time and money then they ever imagined. When asked by a Congresswoman what a person had to do to get fired at the FAA, the Administrator fell silent. I'd check bank accounts to see if any money changed hands. This may be the tip of the iceberg.

I hope you realize all this deregulation and under-staffing and more is the Reagan Revolution going full tilt. If you liked Reagan, you must LOVE this! Privatized government!

[edit on 4/3/2008 by donwhite]

top topics

join