It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 08:35 PM
link   
... is it hard for a rich man to get into heaven?

Jesus said that it's easier to find a needle in a haysack then a rich man to get into heaven. I'm sorry but I dont see the point.

If a man is rich, doesnt that mean he struggled and work hard to become rich? what if a man came from the gutter gutter, made something of himself in the hell of his environment, and became rich. how did he do it? STRUGGLING.

In the bible, God gave Solomon all the riches in the world, so is he going to hell?

I thought that it was God's will for us to be rich... if we become rich, isnt in through God's good graces that we became rich?

What if your very rich but you thank God everyday for what you have and how fortunate you are

and what if you donate lots of your money to the poor, are you still going to hell?

talk to me, i dont understand.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What he means is, that most rich men are greedy, and greed one of the seven deadly sins. Unless the rich man gives his money away his chances to get into heaven are slim. Solomon was a very very good man, and he deserved what he got. Of you need anymore ask Truth.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
What he means is, that most rich men are greedy, and greed one of the seven deadly sins. Unless the rich man gives his money away his chances to get into heaven are slim. Solomon was a very very good man, and he deserved what he got. Of you need anymore ask Truth.

Most are greedy, that is... That's being prejudgiced...

I think wht Jesus meant was going along with the Beatitudes.... The "meek" one.... 'Cause, i mean, why be rich when everything you have can go to others who need it more. It's what Christ was teaching his entire life.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 11:55 PM
link   
A rich man has what he needs and wants, and along with the wealth comes power. Wealth and power causes one not to seek a God to be humble yourself before but to put oneself in a haughty and prideful position.
Remember, pride was the first sin (committed by Satan) and that sin quickly manifests itself into more acts of rebellion.

But remember, in order for the camel to go through the eye of the needle, it had to get on its knees. The wise man can enter Heaven in the same position, if you get the point!

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I agree with both the pride and greed issues, but what I think it means is the same thing buddists believe. You only need enough to live and help those who don't have enough to live on. You need food, shelter, and clothing. You don't need a big house with 10 rooms when you have a family of 3. You don't need designer clothes, only enough to cover you from the conditions. You don't need fancy meals, only enough to feed your hunger. Now, it is nice to have some of the better things in life and being wealthy can make a few things easier, but having wealth is not a necessity to live life. You should be able to have the necessities in life and try to help those who don't. I believe that was the point Jesus was trying to make, except he had the wonderful gift of turning water into wine!

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by High_Lord_Warrior

Originally posted by JediMaster

Most are greedy, that is... That's being prejudgiced...

I think wht Jesus meant was going along with the Beatitudes.... The "meek" one.... 'Cause, i mean, why be rich when everything you have can go to others who need it more. It's what Christ was teaching his entire life.

You basicly said what I did. It is also the greed thing too. How would you know? I thought the Lord is not almighty enough for you?

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 10:46 AM
link   
God says that a rich man is not to enter Heaven because we as a people are supposed to live simple lives of need and not desire. To obtain means of wealth is to say that material means are more important than the means of the soul in which God resides.

In other words,
the more simplistic your way of life, the more open you are mentally and spirtitually to the will of God. We are not meant to be wealthy people, we are meant to be faithful.

This is not to say that a rich man cannot be faithful, it is to say that a man who spends too much time counting his wealth has less time to spend in prayer...

posted on Dec, 25 2002 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Wow, so Bill Gates going to hell, Ted Turner going to hell, Meijer and Wal Mart people going to hell, Catholic church going to hell, anyone who is rich is going to hell?

Bill Gates now #3 richest. Wal Mart #1. Don't know number 2. Ted Turner owns most land of any one person.

Catholic church brings in billions a year. So I guess pope richest man. For he runs catholic church, and in just America bring over 10 billion bucks. Then in Canada bring over 4 billion(about 17 bucks US
) and in England, don't know, couldn't find it.

So if you belong to the catholic church, you going to hell because the church is very rich? Wait, I thought being catholic meant you weren't. But they allow preists to rape little boys, and that hell worthy, but the church didn't do anything, so was it ok?

Allrght, here a question, what is a hell worhty thing nowadays? Before working on sundays was hell worthy. Eating meat on certain days was hell worthy. Raping small kids was hell worthy. Having money was hell worthy. So, what is hell worthy? And with thou shalt not kill. If in self defense, is it still hell worthy? Or forced, say you don't kill that man, we kill your family. Of course, if you don't kill the person, your family dies, so you technically kill them. So what a sin? I know raping small boys is, but the catholic church did what? Defrocked a couple of them. That's it, not in jail, not condemned to hell, but defrocked I think five out of the dozens. And only defrocked them when caught! Should have done something before then, but didn't.

Well, remember, be poor, sick, cold, and die at a young age to be holy.(no money, no clothes, so cold, ick cause no medicine or doctor, and die at young age because of this, heck, would starve to, unless stole food instead of buying for having money a sin, but so is stealing, damned if you do, damned if you don't)

posted on Dec, 25 2002 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Jesus is a comrade.

src: www.lrna.org...

"Was Jesus a 'communist'? Let's look at a few things. First, remember that he said, "Take all that you own and sell it, then give your money to the poor and follow me." I never read that anywhere in the Wall Street Journal."

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 10:01 AM
link   
surprised truth hasn;t posted??!!

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Jesus 'the alien' Christ came to earth... he told us the truth.... so they've killed him...

ps: he just ment money stinks, you can live without it

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienaddicted
Jesus 'the alien' Christ came to earth... he told us the truth.... so they've killed him...

The "alien"?

new topics

top topics

join