It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embarrassingly Stupid Americans -- One in Five Believes Sun Revolves Around Earth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The Definition of : Stupid

Stupid is either an adjective meaning "lacking in intelligence", or a noun meaning "someone (or something) exhibiting stupidity".,

Stupid may also refer to:

* Stupid (band), a punk rock band from Brooklyn
* Stupid (art movement), a group of artists in Cologne in the 1920s
* Stupid.com, a web site
* "Stupid" (song), the second single from Raven-Symoné's self-titled album
* Stupid!, a UK children's television show on CBBC
----------------------------------------
Embarrassingly Stupid Americans -- One in Five Believes Sun Revolves Around Earth.

The title of this article, that an embarrassingly high number of Americans believe that the sun revolves around the Earth, is only one point argued by the Washington Post’s Susan Jacoby, in her attempt to prove that Americans are in serious intellectual trouble, facing a virulent mixture of anti-intellectualism, anti-rationalism and low expectations.

articles.mercola.com...

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well if it is what you are told or should I say what you aren't told than you can't help it. A lot of subjects don't seem to matter on schools and as long as you get to be a productive member of the society nobody really cares what you learn. Of course I don't agree to that system, but I wouldn't really know a solution to it too. To many people are more than happy to stay in their comfortzones and don't wish to know more.

new topics

join