It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Christmas Miracle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I suppose it's time for me to post my story on why I'm still a Christian, because with my recent posts on my interpretations of the bible I think people are beginning to assume that I'm the anti-Christ. The following account is completely true, and is the reason that I am a Christian and have no doubt that it is the correct religion to follow.

I have always told my friends and family about this, and have shared it at only one more website. I decided to edit this version since there were some grammatical errors and to be more clear on what happened.

When I was 7 years old, shortly after my mother and father had divorced each other, my father was driving my younger brother and I back from my grandfathers house on Christmas Eve 1996. We were in San Antonio on Huebner road when we came upon the most amazing nativity scene on the right hand side of the road, complete with living animals and real people. They were in dress that you would see from the time, cloaks and what not, and some of the animals rested while others stood/walked. The roof of the manger was thatched and there was hay that blanketed the ground inside. It was extraordinary, and there was a soft glowing light emanating from within the manger of which we could not see the source.

The manger was so beautiful and unique that as we passed it my dad and I could not take our eyes off of it and kept telling each other how amazing it looked. Even though it was a extraordinary sight, we did not think even once that it was any more than an extravagant church display as we drove by. My brother, who had been laying down asleep across the back seat, awoke asking what we were looking at (he could not see since he was laying down).

There was a turn in the road ahead of us and as he got up to look back at the manger he said that he could only see the light from it and begged us to turn around and go back. It was very late in the night and I was very tired (I also wanted to get home before Santa did, of course). Being the spoiled kid I was pleaded to my dad for us not to turn around and that it was too bad that my brother missed it. However my dad decided to turn around and let my brother see the nativity scene since it had amazed us so greatly.

We turned around within no more than 20 seconds of taking the turn and headed back down the same road that we had been on, now heading the opposite way that we had been traveling. When we came around the turn again and upon the area where the manger had been (now on the left side of the road) there was only a clearing in the woods where the manger had sat less than a minute before. Nothing was there. There was no longer any glowing light, animals, people, or manger, but only a small clearing in the woods along the side of the road. There was no hay on the ground either, where no more than a moment ago the entire ground had been entirely blanketed with hay. The first thing that my dad said was "Boys, we just saw a miracle!" I remember getting chills up my spine when he said that. I could hardly believe what had happened while my brother was amazed but also very upset at the same time because he only got to see a part of it. It truly was a miracle, and I have remembered and thought about it regularly for the past 11 years of my life.

My dad, brother, and I all recall this miracle almost exactly the same, with the exception that my dad recalls the people waving at us as we drove by. However I only remember a few of them watching us very peacefully as we drove by.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

the name christmas is not found in the scriptures,either in the old covenant or new testament.
the name christmas comes from the catholic "mass of christ" invented by the bishop liberius in rome on that day in 360 ad.(phillip schaffs history of the christian church)

it was a name applied to cover already existing pagan festivities associated with the sun worship that was practiced in babylon----an invention of nimrod and his mother/wife ishstar.a religion that caught on with the canaanites that G-D detested and so sent israel into His land to destroy that religion that also involved child sacrifice,beastiality,and incest as practiced by nimrod and his mother/wife.

no doubt you saw something but its highly unlikely that the source of that "vision" is from the G-D that tells us that the holydays found in leviticus 23 are His days of worship.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
awww who cares about the "history"....

that was a beautiful story, mainly something you got to share with your family and you'll always have that memory.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
What a great memory to carry around with you, I have no doubts about what you saw and i am full of envy

John.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

The reason I titled it "My Christmas Miracle" is because it occurred on Christmas. There should be no debate about that, as it is not controversial.

Originally posted by yahn goodey
no doubt you saw something but its highly unlikely that the source of that "vision" is from the G-D that tells us that the holydays found in leviticus 23 are His days of worship.

As a Christian the New Testament clearly tells us that Leviticus is no longer to be followed. But please, lets not debate in here. This thread isn't for debate, it's to share a miracle that I was blessed to witness.

[edit on 4/3/2008 by InterestedObserver]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
:bump: I'd really appreciate it if others read this amazing account of what I have experienced before.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

yes lovely account of what happened. Strange too...

thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Since Jesus wasn't born on Christmas, and Christmas is a FAUX holiday, I'm wondering just exactly WHO created that which you've seen?

I'm not calling you a liar or anything, and I'm really not trying to be a spoiled sport here, but I've come to realize Americas pagan holidays. And I MUST ask , WHY! I simply must!

Easter, and halloween and Christmas and much more, are just pagan holidays. Actually, I should rephrase that into, manipulated pagan holidays, disguised as Christian, and I'm not only not happy about it, but I would like to know, why do Christians keep a pagan tradition? I realize it is to go against the crowd, but the crowd is misled by people who should know better.

Yes, I've celebrated it myself, but because I was quite ignorant. I have since learned the truth about these frauds, and one must ask themselves why would the Church support that which is PAGAN? And if anyone should KNOW that FACT, it is the preachers and pastors!, right?

I'm sorry to say, but the creator of that scene which filled you with joy was made by a wolf in sheeps clothing. And I only say that because God is not the author of confusion nor is He a liar and He would not legitimize a fraud for Christians but satan surely would deceive you!

I hope that you will think about what I have told you, and you come to realize the truth.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

The truth is exactly what I have written here, nothing more and nothing less. Speculation is to be expected. I know that if I was reading anyone's account of a miracle on the internet (especially on a website where people talk about far out things like they've been abducted by aliens) I would be very careful in believing it. I encourage you to be skeptical, no one just believe anything blindly, but in the end you must consider the fact that this did happen to me in San Antonio, Texas on Huebner Rd. during Christmas Eve in 1996.

I don't know why, as you implied, Satan would want to further secure my belief in God. I somehow doubt he would be behind something like what happened to me on that night. Furthermore, I don't think the fact that Christmas originated from a Pagan holiday holds any weight as a reason why this could miracle could not be divine in nature.

There are a limited number of days in a year, and I don't think that God would be upset Christmas was chosen to be on a day that was previous a Pagan holiday. The day is one of celebrating the birth of Jesus, the central figure of the Christian church. Would God really be pissed because we were celebrating that? I doubt it.

Either way, no matter your beliefs I know what happened to me and I have strong convictions that it was an event intended to strengthen my faith in Jesus Christ and God. My dad and brother are just as convinced as I am, and that is enough for me.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just a reminder that we are, in the end times! The end times being full of deceptions!

And I'm glad you believe in the Lord, but don't discount the Lords words to take care that one does not get deceived!

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

According to people like you, for the past ten generations we have been in the end of times. I guarantee you will not live to see a full-scale Armageddon.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

According to people like you, for the past ten generations we have been in the end of times.

The confusion comes because the Bible refers to the time between Christ's first and second comings as 'the last days'. It is, if you like, an eschatological term or phrase. It is a relative term, meaning 'the final period'.

'The time of the end', however, is exactly what it sounds like. Many who believe what the Bible says believe we are very close indeed, and Jesus did tell us to watch for the signs.

I hope this just promotes some mutual understanding.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
reply to post by toasted

According to people like you, for the past ten generations we have been in the end of times. I guarantee you will not live to see a full-scale Armageddon.

Ever hear of the 70 weeks of Daniel? The end times are quite long, God gives us time to figure it out, in addition, there is a time and place for everything in His plan.

Many of us see the writing on the wall, but only the Lord knows for sure. However, it does not take a mathematician to know that 2000 yrs from His death will be 2033.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

And 1033 was 1000 years from his death, nothing happened. I don't think the second coming will be anything mathematically significant. I think it will correspond with when the earth experiences a worldwide disaster, like nuclear war. It may be up to us to decide when Jesus will return, a time like that would test even people of the strongest faith and weed out the true believers from the psuedo-believers. Only time will tell though.

Lets get back on topic though, heh. It'd be nice to hear some other people's thoughts.

[edit on 4/13/2008 by InterestedObserver]

new topics

top topics

join