It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does he mean, second biosphere?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
On Space.com there is an article, Moon Seen as Laboratory for Life, by Lee Pullen. In the seventh paragraph he mentions Professor Bernard Foing as saying that:

Foing says a second biosphere could be built on the Moon where humans would be able to live.

However, I see no mention of a "first" biosphere. Does this sound like he misspoke or is there, perhaps, a biosphere already existing on the moon? I am interested in why he put this statement into these particular words. Does anyone know anything about a "first" biosphere? Is this something that has been kept from our knowledge or simply a misstatement? Could there be a biosphere already existing on the moon?

Edit to add link: www.space.com

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Annoyed]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
sodom
"first" biosphere is here on planet earth
this is not a 1-liner
sodom

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I believe he may have inferred a first biosphere being built for plants/animals other than human, and if that worked out then build a second for human habitation.

Don't know for certain of course, but after reading the article that was the intent I read into it.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I think Sodom is right. The original biosphere is Earth, hence any built on the Moon would be Biosphere 2. Or, rather, 3. There's already a Biosphere 2: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sodom

Hi, Sodom. Yes, I am aware that there was a terrestrial biosphere project. (and I am familiar with Pauly Shore's work.)

I guess I didn't consider that's what he would be referring to in this article. My bad. I'll have to work harder, I see.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Lol, thank you Essan. I guess Earth would be the first biosphere. A bit of quick thinking there. Good job.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Thank you, Vasa Croe. Perhaps he did mean one for other terrestrial life forms.

Obviously there are many explanations that I haven't considered. It seems like if I take time to thoroughly research, the information has already been claimed here on ATS. However, posting too quickly can have repercussions as well. I am a relatively new member, and I don't always have the time to think things through thoroughly prior to posting.

Apparently, I could use more time, more patience and more brains!
( I am so mad at myself, I didn't join to seem foolish! But at least I am consistent, lol.)
I am here to learn, after all.

top topics

join