It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weightlifter Fined For Gruntly Too Loudly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Weightlifter Fined For Gruntly Too Loudly

www.peculiarosities.com

A weightlifter has been fined £70 by a court for exercising too loudly. Giran Jobe, 36, was recorded by council noise teams grunting at 100 decibels which is as loud as a rock concert.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Jesus did u hear how loud he is mother #er thats loud lol i wonder y he was fined this is crazy lol. What u guys rekon? it says louder then a concert lol.

www.peculiarosities.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Neighbours were also kept awake by his dumbbells hitting the floor of his top-floor flat. The dad of four, from Margate, admitted 47 breaches of a noise abatement order and vowed to do push-ups instead.

Source

So keen in fact that the noise of his two-hour power-lifting sessions late into the night left neighbours unable to sleep.

At one stage, the grunting as dumb-bells were raised and the crashing when they hit the floor sent the noise level to 100 decibels - as loud as a rock concert.

Giran Jobe: 'It's push-ups from now on'

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
now THAT'S what I call a sensationalized news topic. How is this even remotely newsworthy? Yikes. (Not addressed to poster, but to the media that reported this).

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
now THAT'S what I call a sensationalized news topic. How is this even remotely newsworthy? Yikes. (Not addressed to poster, but to the media that reported this).

Your kind of right but think about it its very loud man but like what thay said a rock concert thats abit overboerd i think?. Lol but umm it was on wacky news so yeh its kind of wacky wierd news

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is so misleading it's ridiculous..
As loud as a rock concert? get real.

When a human voice can produce 100db across all frequencies gimme a call coz I'll hire him or her.l

I know so many venues who have disasters with these 'db meters' by placing them in acoustically inaccurate positions...
Usually just above drumkits so the drummer trips the power before the P.A is even plugged in.

Giving you a technical 'for instance'..
Each of my powered speakers is rated at 133db at 1m(spl)..(I have 6 of them).
There's no way even that power is close to a 'Rock concert'.

Bad reporting with misguided facts on a very slow news day.

(Ranting at the reporter not the OP btw)

It's still a funny story.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Perhaps he was really just taking a dump and got carried away with the grunting.

It wasn't the weights hitting the floor that made the noise since it was followed by a splash.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
This is so misleading it's ridiculous..
As loud as a rock concert? get real.

When a human voice can produce 100db across all frequencies gimme a call coz I'll hire him or her.l

I know so many venues who have disasters with these 'db meters' by placing them in acoustically inaccurate positions...
Usually just above drumkits so the drummer trips the power before the P.A is even plugged in.

Giving you a technical 'for instance'..
Each of my powered speakers is rated at 133db at 1m(spl)..(I have 6 of them).
There's no way even that power is close to a 'Rock concert'.

Bad reporting with misguided facts on a very slow news day.

(Ranting at the reporter not the OP btw)

It's still a funny story.

yeh your tight how can a human do that i would love to know this
. yeh i noticed this reporter went over boerd on this its like a mammoth human or something now thats going to far.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Perhaps he was really just taking a dump and got carried away with the grunting.

It wasn't the weights hitting the floor that made the noise since it was followed by a splash.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH it was a big load of # for sure i read into it it said everyhting put together was getting so loud the banging of the waits hitting the floor included must be crazy because flats do make alot of noise.

new topics

top topics

join