It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile phones cause brain tumours-confirmed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
blackmentalhealth.org.uk...

A very comprehensive study has confirmed fears that cell phones increase risk of brain cancer by 200% to 400% over or after 10 years.

I quote:-

"Research shows mobile phones increase risk of brain cancer.

By Zephaniah Samuels 2/04/08
A new study has revealed growing evidence to show that using mobile phone handsets for 10 years doubles the risks of brain cancer.
Scientists say that that mobile phone use could kill more people than smoking.

"It is anticipated that this danger has far broader public health ramifications than asbestos and smoking," neurosurgeion says Professor Khurana,said.

The award winning experts' findings indicated that mobile phones could kill more people than smoking his lastest research reveals.

In a report published on the neurosurgeon's website his research says that the risk may be as great as a two- to four-fold increase of developing a tumour on the same side of the head as the 'preferred side' for mobile phone use.

The report warns........"

Brain tumours are usually fatal.

Cell phone usage could kill more people then smoking.

read and weep.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by esecallum]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Yes the very high frequency of electromagnetic radiation is giving some cells in our brains immortality, so they do not die off, this is called cancer.

This is proof that magnetic force is the true fountain of youth. But only the South pole of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
This is proof that magnetic force is the true fountain of youth. But only the South pole of it.

What are you talking about exactly? Do you have any data on this subject? And why the south pole?

[edit on 3-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
South pole is negitive energy. North pole is positive energy.

Actually if you made an electromagnet, the South pole would always be connected to the negitive terminal of the battery.

The South pole makes things grow, while the North pole destroys things.

I'm sure if you do the digging you will find facts about test done on plants with music. Rock music seemed to make plants grow more than any other music. Nobody knew why, but I do.

Rock music is more loud, it has more "sound". Sound is just electromagnetic force. It just gave the plant more energy, more force.

They also did tests with magnets and plants. I wish I could find some links, I'm sure if you are interested you will find them.

The other information I have is not readly avalible to public, so I can't form any links but if you connect the dots, im sure you will "SEE".

B.T.W. Since this thread is realivant, the cure for cancer is DEMAGNETIZATION.

You can cure cancer by demagnetizing it.

Basicly thats what radiation thearopy does, but that is brute force style.

This is cool too: www.newscientist.com...

[edit on 3-4-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I wonder how close you have to be to the phone to get cancer. I mean, if you walk behind someone using their phone, are you at risk?
I can see another group of people who'll be ostracized from society, just like smokers.

Sound is just electromagnetic force.

That's incorrect. Sounds are just vibrations through matter. See wiki

[edit on 3/4/08 by styxxz]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by styxxz

That's incorrect. Sounds are just vibrations through matter. See wiki

Matter = electromagnetic force

Sounds are just vibrations through electromagnetic force. Sounds ARE electromagnetic force. EVERYTHING is electromagnetic force.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It's probably worse than it's made out to be too. A whole generation you could say, is being killed off. Kids are getting phones at younger and younger ages.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

This is just one guy going against the grain. Most of the studies have found no link.

"The Mobile Operators Association said: "This is not new data for the World Health Organisation and the many independent expert scientific committees who state that there are no established health risks from using mobile phones that comply with international guidelines."

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Actually if you made an electromagnet, the South pole would always be connected to the negitive terminal of the battery.

It depends on which way you wind the coil.

Sound is physical motion, through a medium (which may be composed of force fields).

Your idea is basically sound, but your details are off.

As for cell phones and cancer, well, I have smoked for a third of a century. My apologies to all the scientists and doctors for not falling down yet. I think I can manage a few phone calls before I rot too much.

I quit jumping to conclusions at 'scientific' reports back when milk was good, then a carcinogen, then a health food, then a major cause of heart disease, then a wholesome food that prevents cancer, all in two weeks. Jumping=exercise, and I'm afraid the next report will be that exercise causes cancer. Better safe than sorry.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If someone does a study to find something, then sometimes they find what they want to find.... even if it's through tampering with the results or withholding some of the findings. Sometimes these studies just aren't done right in the first place. And... newer cell phones just don't give off as much radiation as the ones of the early 90s and older.

Everything is deadly anyway. I heard a report once that said chicken causes cancer, but I'm not gonna stop eating chicken.

Of course, I won't be laughing if I drop dead tomorrow, but we're all gonna die someday anyway.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I do not think that there are a lot of researches that say - it will cause cancer/prevent one. More likely it will say that it raises/lowers chance for a cancer. These are different things. As you all are aware, statistics are an exact science - the side that pays more will get better result.
In current view of a cancer it is a two dimensional issue - it depends on different environmental challenges and personal status (mainly genes but not only).
So if cellular phones due to radio waves can raise a chance of cancer - it does not mean that a person talking 7200 hours per month will certainly get one and one speaking only 1 minute per year will certainly not. The same for the smokers.
Just to clarify, brain tumors are not "always deadly" ,tumor does not necessary means cancer.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thought

This is just one guy going against the grain. Most of the studies have found no link.

"The Mobile Operators Association said: "This is not new data for the World Health Organisation and the many independent expert scientific committees who state that there are no established health risks from using mobile phones that comply with international guidelines."

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Rented experts can be made to say anything...that is why they get paid.

remember the tobacco experts saying it was safe to smoke?

No industry cuts it's own throat.

surely you should know that by now...or are you just very simple and impressed by white coats with their hand in the cookie jar.

scientists are just as rotten and corrupt as anyone else.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I don't buy it.

I don't understand through what method non ionizing radiation such as anything in the radio/microwave portion of the electromagnetic spectrum can actually cause cell damage.

Normally when we think of cell damage due to radiation, what we're thinking of occurs due to the interaction of ionizing radiation with our cells. X-Rays and gamma rays are examples of ionizing EM radiation, which due to the comparatively high energy carried by the associated particle wave are capable of interacting with charged particles such as electrons. Such interactions essentially turn atoms to ions, resulting in molecular changes in materials. If this occurs in DNA, the change can alter the replication cycle or even directly kill the cell. If it happens in metals or plastics, it can create various types of point defects in the lattice structure of the material's molecular construction...essentially weakening it.

EM radiation isn't the only types of radiation that can cause such effects, and it definitely isn't the most efficient at doing so. Alpha particles and beta particles are also particularly destructive because despite their large size restricting their ability to penetrate a material, their inherent electrical charge is highly ionizing and results not only in initial ionizations, but also very destructive secondary ionizations. They are easy to shield against, but you never want to get an alpha or beta emitter inside your body...

That all said, in order to buy that non ionizing EM radiation can cause cell damage someone would have to conclusively prove to me that there is a definite non thermal destructive effect associated with such radiation. After all, we all know that microwave ovens can cause destructive emissions that result in cooked food right? Well the magnetron (microwave emitter) in a microwave oven is built to produce high amplitude waves at a specific frequency that happens to be near the resonant frequency of water, causing the molecules to vibrate rapidly. Since temperature is really just a measure of the average random molecular kinetic energy of a substance, more vibrations = more kinetic energy = higher temperature.

Cell phones however don't have several pound magnetrons and power transformers that step up to several thousand volts. They also operate on different frequencies than microwave ovens. Most importantly, my cell phone doesn't noticeably increase the temperature of my head (at least not in a way explained by the chemical processes taking place in the lithium ion battery). It seems to me that going outside on a sunny day where the ultraviolet radiation emitted from the sun can cause ionizations in skin cells on the head (sunburn) would be far more destructive than cell phones.

In my opinion, most of these scientific studies have a motivation that lies somewhere between fear mongering and attempts to get grant money to pursue dead end research. If someone can point me toward a reliable source that describes the mechanics of non thermal cell destruction caused by non ionizing electromagnetic radiation, I'll be more than happy to reconsider my opinion but until then I refuse to buy into these claims.

Oh yeah, tumors are not killed by demagnetizing cancer cells...I'm actually not even sure what that means, and no offense, but trying to process it probably is killing more brain cells than cell phone radiation for sure. The mechanism by which tumor cells are destroyed is the same method by which any other cell is destroyed or altered, just a lot more directed to avoid collateral damage to surrounding healthy tissue.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Its easy to understand.

Tumors, and cancer, are made of electromagnetic force. To kill it, you need to remove that electromagnetic force. Demagnetize.

Instead of thinking cancer is "damaged cells" try thinking of cancer as "impowered cells". Basicly they become "growths" because they are growing, and not dieing. When something grows that means there is electromagnetic force being ADDED to it. Cancer cells do not die off like normal cells, because they have longer lives, more power, more energy, more life.

Get it yet?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Tumors and cancer are not made of the electromagnetic force, that actually makes no sense at all. They are made of cells, which are in turn made of molecules and atoms. The electromagnetic force is made of photon particle waves of varying energies and wavelengths, nothing that is made of matter is also made of the electromagnetic force. That's not to say that our bodies don't use the electromagnetic force via nerve conduction to regulate bodily function...but they certainly aren't composed of the force itself.

Cancer cells are cells that replicate uncontrollably, disrupting various organs within the body. They grow because the parts of the cells that limit replication cycles becomes corrupted, usually due to genetic mutations due either to heredity or external effect. Cells don't just get extra energy pumped into them and start replicating automatically, it doesn't work that way. The energy sources for cells are organelles within the cell known as ribosomes, and the production of energy could be better represented as a chemical process...not electromagnetic waves.

I guess I still don't understand what you're saying, it doesn't mesh with my understanding of science...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow
Tumors and cancer are not made of the electromagnetic force, that actually makes no sense at all. They are made of cells, which are in turn made of molecules and atoms.

Atoms, are made of electrons and protons, and those are made of quarks. And all of these things have "electric charges".

en.wikipedia.org...

Electric charge is a fundamental conserved property of some subatomic particles, which determines their electromagnetic interaction.

Someone once said the untold secret of all time, is that basicly everything is just magnets.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well not to nitpick, but atoms are actually made out of protons, neutrons, and electrons. The way you worded it implies that electrons are made of quarks, and that is most definitely not the case.

I fail to see any tangible connection here. Something can have an electric charge without being entirely composed of the electromagnetic force. Electrostatic forces of repulsion might be the cause for your feet not going through the floor when you walk, but that doesn't mean your shoes and the floor are composed entirely of EM radiation. Cancer cells may be composed of atoms subject to electrical interactions, but those electrical interactions have very little to do with the behavior of cancer as an entity. Sure, the outer electrons of the tumor will repel from the outer electrons in the atoms of nearby tissue, allowing the tumor to be its own entity but that still doesn't make the tumor an electromagnetic entity.

If everything is just magnets, that leaves little explanation for the other three fundamental forces of nature; the strong nuclear, the weak nuclear, and the gravitational force. If the electromagnetic force was the only force of any bearing, atomic nuclei composed of protons and neutrons would fly apart due to the electrostatic force of repulsion between the protons (the neutrons, being neutral do little to prevent this). It's the strong nuclear force which binds the nuclei together due to being stronger than the electrostatic force at extremely short ranges. It's actually that effect that causes superheavy elements to generally tend to be unstable. When the atomic nucleus becomes sufficiently large, the electrostatic repulsion wants to take over again and the binding energy between the nucleons goes down, allowing us to smash a neutron into the nucleus and induce nuclear fission...

My point is that you have to try and look at the big picture, the electromagnetic force may be very powerful and play a large role in much of the interactions that compose our daily lives but there is a lot more going on behind the scenes. Also, there is really nothing to suggest that the biological effect by which tumors affect our body can be mitigated by simple electromagnetic manipulation...and if there is it certainly doesn't mesh with my current understanding of science so I'd love to see some evidence for it.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Well not to nitpick, but atoms are actually made out of protons, neutrons, and electrons. The way you worded it implies that electrons are made of quarks, and that is most definitely not the case.

I am sorry I confused you. Electrons are made of "Leptons", which are a family of quarks. Same thing. In the end, it STILL has an "electric charge", and deals with "electromagnetism".

en.wikipedia.org...

I fail to see any tangible connection here. Something can have an electric charge without being entirely composed of the electromagnetic force. Electrostatic forces of repulsion might be the cause for your feet not going through the floor when you walk, but that doesn't mean your shoes and the floor are composed entirely of EM radiation. Cancer cells may be composed of atoms subject to electrical interactions, but those electrical interactions have very little to do with the behavior of cancer as an entity.

Absolutely wrong. The only thing holding ANYTHING together is magnetic force. The only reason the atoms for the cancer are held together, is because of this "electromagnetic force". Just like WATER. The only thing holding H20 together is magnetic force. Electrolysis is the method of charging a cathode and anode with electricity, to give them a negative or positive attraction and repulsion. Just like MAGNETS, the water is pulled apart.

In general, same-sign charged particles repel one another, while different-sign charged particles attract. This is expressed quantitatively in Coulomb's law, which states the magnitude of the repelling force is proportional to the product of the two charges, and weakens proportionately to the square of the distance.

Likes repel, opposites attract. Just like magnets. Every single thing in existence is made of "electric charge". Everything is magnets, no matter what form. From quarks and leptons, to protons and electrons, to atoms and molecules, to entire bodies. ALL of EVERYTHING is just magnets clumped together in different shapes. The only difference between ANYTHING is the shape/strength/and numbers.

Sure, the outer electrons of the tumor will repel from the outer electrons in the atoms of nearby tissue, allowing the tumor to be its own entity but that still doesn't make the tumor an electromagnetic entity.

Yes it does. It is made purely of electromagnetic force, or "electric charge". Everything is made of that.

If everything is just magnets, that leaves little explanation for the other three fundamental forces of nature; the strong nuclear, the weak nuclear, and the gravitational force.

Actually, all the FOUR fundamental forces are the SAME FORCE. The only difference is the "strength". If you read one of the sources above you can see:

"This is expressed quantitatively in Coulomb's law, which states the magnitude of the repelling force is proportional to the product of the two charges, and weakens proportionately to the square of the distance."

The reason we have a "strong force" is because "magnets loose strength with distance". If magnets loose strength with distance, then doesn't that mean the perfectly exact sub-atomic center of all things is the strongest part of the magnet? This means that sub-atomic magnets are super strong, because they are super small, and closer to the center of the magnet. The further away from the magnet, the weaker the force. The closer to the center, the stronger. This is why small things have a strong force.

Do you know why the outer electron's in the electron shell are free to leave and return at will? Because they are the furthest from the strongest part of the magnet. Think of the Earth for a second. Do you know why the atmosphere of Earth has layers? These layers represent the electromagnetism dieing off with distance. This put's other elements in their place. The reason there is less oxygen the higher you go into the atmopshere, is because oxygen is heavyer (stronger magnet), then other air paticles, so they stay closer to Earth.

Just look at the pariodic table of elements. Do you know why the lightest element know is Hydrogen? Because it is made of less magnets, so there is less attraction to Earth. The farther up the pariodic table you go, the heavyer thing are. This is because they are made of MORE magnets.

When you eat and gain weight, you are gaining magnets, which makes you a stronger attraction to Earth (heavy)! So if you are over weight, go on a magnet diet.

The rest can all be explained in this way. Just don't let the "names" and "terms" confuse you to think anything is different. "Name" and "terms" are the thing that looses everyone. For example, electromagnetic radiation. For some reason, they gave the same force many different names. Microwaves, Infrared light, visual light, x-rays, gama-rays, all of these things are the SAME THING. The only difference is the names and terms. Don't let it confuse you. EVERYTHING, is electromagnetic in nature.

The entire Periodic Table of Elements is only a chart that shows how to click the magnets together to create things. The only difference between Platinum and Gold, are two magnets, a proton and electron.

My point is that you have to try and look at the big picture, the electromagnetic force may be very powerful and play a large role in much of the interactions that compose our daily lives but there is a lot more going on behind the scenes.

I would like YOU to look at the big picture. Instead of looking at things as a whole from a human perspective, look at everything from the sub-atomic perspective. Only then will you see "behind the scenes". I have seen it myself.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Also, there is really nothing to suggest that the biological effect by which tumors affect our body can be mitigated by simple electromagnetic manipulation...and if there is it certainly doesn't mesh with my current understanding of science so I'd love to see some evidence for it.

Do you not understand the reality of Radiation Therapy??

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Do you realize radiation therapy is the USE OF ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION to kill cancer??

They are ALREADY using "magnets" to kill cancer. These magnets are in a form of "light". The process however is brute force, and not very controlled.

You see, they are already using magnetic force (light) to kill cancer? Is that not proof enough?

When you understand how "electromagnetic radiation" is used to kill cancer, then you will know that everything is just MAGNETS.

Magnets gain strength with numbers. Magnetic force, when in a loop, can be shielded. Most atoms, are arranged in a way where their magnetic force is semi shielded on the outside.

To prove a point with a real life experiment:

Get 20 mini sphere neodium magnets. Make them into a loop, like a braclet. Put the magnetic loop up to a CRT monitor, and notice how the magnets do not effect the monitor like normal magnets would. Now, break the loop of mangets, and THEN then CRT monitor will be effected and discolored. You see the loop of magnetic force was trapped. It couldn't escape and was sort of sheilded. Once the loop was broken, the magnetic force escaped its loop and entered the CRT monitor.

This is the only way I can explain why most atoms don't show strong signs of force. They are looped.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I would hardly call this "confirmed" where is all the data used to come to this conclusion? How many cases were documented? What were the age sex and race of those that were studied? And what types of phones were they using? What country were the studies conducted in and what other "vectors" were the subjects in contact with?
Sounds to me like a bunch of unsubstantiated claims. So many doctors today are making suppositions with no corroborating evidence other than their ego's.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join