It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton Ignoring Troops Water Treatment in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Halliburton Ignoring Troops Water Treatment in Iraq

www.youtube.com

"Of the 67 water treatment plants that Halliburton was getting paid to run, 63 of them weren't providing safe water."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
therealnews.com

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

BYRON DORGAN, US SENATOR (ND-D): So the Pentagon is saying, well, no, Senator Dorgan and those that are disclosing this are inaccurate. Halliburton is saying it's inaccurate; the Pentagon is saying it's inaccurate; everthing's just fine. Here's what the inspector general said. Things aren't fine. The water was not treated as it was supposed to have been treated. Contaminated water was provided to the troops. Some troops got sick. In some cases, this water that was twice as contaminated as raw water from the Euphrates River was flowing as non-potable water to these military bases. When we got the information from the Halliburton corporation whistleblowers, Halliburton denied it, and so too did America's military. Now we know that the inspector general says, no, no, that's exactly what was happening. Exactly what was happening is this corporation's being paid to provide good-quality, disinfected water to the troops, and the fact is they weren't doing the job.

therealnews.com...

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Unfortunately, they've been doing it for years. :shk:

Here's a thread from '05 that you may be interested in.

Iraq for Sale also delves into some of their more "colorful" actions in Iraq.

In fact, I believe your youtube link is actually a small clip from Iraq for Sale.

Google Video Link

[edit on 4/3/08 by redmage]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by undermind

Unbelieveable! Star!

Puked me right out, i tell ya! How could that be? I don't know what to
think about Hally-Burden anymore!

Perhaps they should get one of those home-made filtering devices that
Kevin Costner urinated into, and then drank from, in the movie
'Waterworld'!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
This is just one of them:

What is Acinetobacter baumannii?: A gram negative bacteria instrinsically resistant to many antibiotics.
Where is it found in the environment? : In water and soil. The bacteria can survive for several days on many surfaces, including those difficult to control such as cell phones and keyboards.
Who gets it?: Generally speaking, only people who have weakened immune systems are at risk. The disease is generally presented as a nosocomial infection only, meaning it affects patients in hospitals. At least 240 US military personnel have had infections from the A. baumannii bacteria since the Iraq war began in 2003. [b/]A. baumanni was also seen among soldiers during the Vietnam war.

The disease accounts for only 1.3 per cent of all bloodstream infections in hospitals in the US, but the disease is on the increase in military healthcare facilities where personnel coming from Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan are being treated.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Dysentery is fun. How else can you lose 30 to 40 lbs in a few weeks time. Shoot, it'll be the new rage on late night infommercials after the botox and foreclosure tips.
LOl...or a game of fake heart attack. Poor Red Fox, he was doin' his I'm coming to you Elizabeth thing on stage. And everyone laughed their keesters off. Till he stopped breathing.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 3-4-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I see someone else has immediately started with a variation on my headline.

There is a big difference between poisoning and allowing water to become contaminated, and the difference is an important one in terms of reception and perception by the public.

Halliburton "poisoning" = nut job, and can be safely ignored.

Halliburton Ignoring Troops Water Treatment has a chance of being picked up, in my Communications/Journalism degreed opinion.

new topics

top topics

join