It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Have another Diet Coke

page: 1
7
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I thought I would remind everyone about the use of Aspartame in diet Drinks and other food and beverages. It is one of the many attacks against world population, like Floride, anthoer poison; Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods.
www.mercola.com...

Take a look at what you are eating and what's in it, odds are there are poisions intnetionally in there: That bottle of water you are drinking because you think it is good for you..., the plastic leaches BPAs
According to its critics, BPA mimics naturally occurring estrogen, a hormone that is part of the endocrine system, the body's finely tuned messaging service. "These hormones control the development of the brain, the reproductive system and many other systems in the developing fetus," says Frederick vom Saal, Ph.D., a developmental biologist at the University of Missouri. Endocrine-disrupting chemicals can duplicate, block or exaggerate hormonal responses. "The most harm is to the unborn or newborn child," vom Saal says.

ecomall.com...

That coffee you make using a distilling process is probably the only clean water a person gets...not sure about the none coffee drinker.




posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Good thing I dont drink soda, Ive never liked it, Never liked foods like ding dongs and whatnot either. But im amazed when i see people chug down a couple liters of soda and a box or two of oreos and try and blame their diabetes on genetics.



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Oh my gosh and I drank a Diet Coke today.... (I dont drink it that often)

There is floride in my mouth wash... is this bad? (I don't swallow it)

I'm going to throw out all my plastic water bottles..

I think I'm going to have to be more diligent in future and read the backs of labels.

Thanks for the warnings...



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I haven't done colas of any sort for over 5 yrs due to digestive issues. I just yahoo'd aspartame. 'Quickly breaks down to methanol which is soon metabolised to FORMALDEHYDE! Bonds to protiens causing; eye damage, kidney damage, liver damage, neurological damage, immunological damage even in small quantities'. And who gives us this pariah of sweeteners? Monsanto. Google or yahoo, there is reems of data. Bet you'll never suck down one again!
Thanks for the heads up MajorKarma. I knew in the back of my mind this stuff was nasty, but upon reading about it......yeeesh.



[edit on 3-4-2008 by jpm1602]



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Makes me remember a co-worker friend of mine who took a chemistry class at Akron U. One of the students asked the prof about margarine. The prof replied that 'he trusted cows more than scientists'.



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I think I will just stick to water from now on... from the tap... we dont put floride in our water here! Thank goodness!!!!



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602
 


Regarding Monsato -- formerly Searle with its CEO none other than Don Rumsfeld.

www.rense.com...

Plenty more info out there...






[edit on 4/3/2008 by RabbitChaser]



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by misswanderer31
I think I will just stick to water from now on... from the tap... we dont put floride in our water here! Thank goodness!!!!


The only thing a wise man can drink is water.
The only place, from which it comes, is the river.

Glad to see you drop the aspartame. Next time you are out picking up ingredients for a batch of chocolate... pick up a carton of organic milk; read the back. There are many other things to be dropped along this trail, but worry not, you can make it... and there should still be some chocolate on the other side.

Sri Oracle



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
maybe THATS what killed my thyroid ;-)

just kidding of course

Tela

[edit on 4/3/2008 by Telafree]



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Exactly how many people have died from either aspartame or fluoride? That is, deaths specifically linked to aspartame or fluoride. Not just guesses or estimates. I'd be interested in those statistics.

Because I seem to be dealing with more and more people everyday who are apparently healthy and living longer. Personally, I'd like to see more people dropping dead. I think we'd all like fewer drivers on the freeways and clogging lines wherever we go.

Considering the massive volumes at which these chemicals are consumed, if they really are poisoning the population, they're doing a surprisingly lousy job.




posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If they are affecting the endocrine system then you wouldnt have any deaths, you'd just have a lot of people ill with immune deficiancy type illnesses like rheumatoid arthritis. The kind that make people dependant on the massive pharmacutical companies to keep them alive and symptom free. It's doing exactly what they want. You dont count deaths, you count the people who are living WITH illness, not dying from them.

Tela

edited to make sense

[edit on 4/3/2008 by Telafree]



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I used to drink 4 or 5 diet pepsis a day. Then I got a KIDNEY STONE. It was the worst experience of my life. I'd rather die then do that again.

I know you aren't discussing Diet Coke because of the kidney stone link .. but I'm adding this to your thread anyways.

ANY dark cola contains chemicals that suck the calcium out of your bones and it gathers in your kidneys to make kidney stones. DO NOT drink dark colas.

Just FYI.



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I use a Brita filtered picture and carry my water in a Sigg bottle, not a plastic one. Thats the best I can do without making a man made stream in my back yard.



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is all crap, to be honest. I'm all for thinking outside of the box but this whole aspartame and plastic bottle/container theory has been disproven so many times.

Why would a corporation or company of any kind attempt to KILL it's customers? It makes far more sense to put something addictive into a product, if you're going to add anything at all.

It's just like the arguments against MSG. Japan and China both use it heavily in their cooking and they have an OVERpopulation problem, not people dieing en masse as a result of chemical additives.

Unless you're here to provide new irrefutable evidence then I'm afraid all you're gonna be doing right here is just adding to the background noise of nutjobs who refuse to accept any conclusion except their own.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by MouseOnMars]



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telafree
If they are affecting the endocrine system then you wouldnt have any deaths, you'd just have a lot of people ill with immune deficiancy type illnesses like rheumatoid arthritis. The kind that make people dependant on the massive pharmacutical companies to keep them alive and symptom free. It's doing exactly what they want. You dont count deaths, you count the people who are living WITH illness, not dying from them.


Yeah, but there's going to be a natural statistical increase in rheumatoid arthritis and similar diseases in the population when people are living longer than ever in larger numbers. How do you separate the illnesses caused specifically by the aspartame or fluoride from the expected normal amount of increased illness in a population experiencing a large demographic shift?



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
You know to me it seems like people really want to believe that everyone is out to get them. How could this conspiracy be, the diet industry is huge and how could they keep a cap on it with so many people involved. there is always going to be a disgruntled worker that would spill the beans. Just my thoughts and I'm crazy. hahahah



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajKarma
I thought I would remind everyone about the use of Aspartame in diet Drinks and other food and beverages. It is one of the many attacks against world population, like Floride, anthoer poison; Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods.
www.mercola.com...

Take a look at what you are eating and what's in it, odds are there are poisions intnetionally in there: That bottle of water you are drinking because you think it is good for you..., the plastic leaches BPAs
According to its critics, BPA mimics naturally occurring estrogen, a hormone that is part of the endocrine system, the body's finely tuned messaging service. "These hormones control the development of the brain, the reproductive system and many other systems in the developing fetus," says Frederick vom Saal, Ph.D., a developmental biologist at the University of Missouri. Endocrine-disrupting chemicals can duplicate, block or exaggerate hormonal responses. "The most harm is to the unborn or newborn child," vom Saal says.

ecomall.com...

That coffee you make using a distilling process is probably the only clean water a person gets...not sure about the none coffee drinker.



---------------------------------

Fantastic, really lovely article. We actually pay these Food Thugs to kill ourselves



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MouseOnMars
This is all crap, to be honest. I'm all for thinking outside of the box but this whole aspartame and plastic bottle/container theory has been disproven so many times.

Why would a corporation or company of any kind attempt to KILL it's customers? It makes far more sense to put something addictive into a product, if you're going to add anything at all.

It's just like the arguments against MSG. Japan and China both use it heavily in their cooking and they have an OVERpopulation problem, not people dieing en masse as a result of chemical additives.

Unless you're here to provide new irrefutable evidence then I'm afraid all you're gonna be doing right here is just adding to the background noise of nutjobs who refuse to accept any conclusion except their own.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by MouseOnMars]


Another "Potted Plant" opinion. However, there is an up side to all of this; those who don't believe the artificial sweetners and plastic bottles are causing every sort of health problems, should go right on drinking and using them...please.



posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MajKarma
 


I've seen first hand from family and people I work with on the effects of Aspartame, as people I know who drink it on a daily basis, due to diabetes or other 'health' reasons, are acting very strangely, forgetting simple things, and as I can best describe it, act like children. They expect everything to be done for them.

Example:
I know someone who doesn't remember my name, despite me working for him in a small office for 2+ years. A diet coke drinker. Every day. I couldn't understand the odd unusual child-like behavior until I also saw it in someone in my family. That person had diabetes and is taking Nutrasweet on a daily basis.

Until I did some research into Aspartame, as well as MSG and Glutamate and how it affects your brain, I would have never tied those ingredients with the way people behaved.

Aspartamge, MSG, the Dumbing down of the world

It's all in the food



posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I guess I am going to have to come clean and say that I am a diet coke drinker. I love it. It is my coffee. I am addicted to it. Although, recently I have had this desire to get off of soft drinks completely. I will be a complete b!tch for about a week but then I will be fine. I still have my smokes. If one thing won't kill you then the other will, right? LOL.

I noticed that someone mentioned BPA. They had a recent (a few months back) study about BPA and baby bottles. I have a 7 month old and when he was about 2 months we switched to the BPA free bottles. They are fantastic. It is an extra expense at first, but they have helped cut out spitting up, etc. I think that you have to do what is necessary to try and prevent all the toxins that go into their systems (i.e. vaccines. Don't get me started, last time I was warned!! I have had many discussions w/ my son's pediatrician regarding this- on a side note, I asked him about the recent supreme court decision linking vaccines to autism and he looked at me and said- surprisingly, you are the first person to ask me about that. I was surprised because this was weeks after it came out).

We drink organic milk, and it tastes so much better than regular milk. I do have to give kudos to the one who mentioned margarine. I remember in college my prof saying that margarine was only one molecule away from plastic ( don't know if it is true...but I am going with it).

I feel that I need to mention the utterly nasty smell that has come from my water the past week. It smells of chlorine. It is so awful. I even smell it at the gym. Every time I turn on a water faucet. Any suggestions, besides a brita pitcher?



new topics

top topics



 
7
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join