It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No Sun link' to climate change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk

Scientists have produced further compelling evidence showing that modern-day climate change is not caused by changes in the Sun's activity.

The research contradicts a favoured theory of climate "sceptics", that changes in cosmic rays coming to Earth determine cloudiness and temperature.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I haven't made up my mind on this subject, but this is one more piece of evidence that supports the popular theory right now:

That man is causing or aiding the current warming of the planet.

It relates to the many conspiracy posts such as:

Al Gore promotes global warming lies for NWO domination
Dubya and Al Gore's unknown unholy alliance.
NWO population control: Is it a benevolent venture?

Does this help sway anyone's minds that it could be man made?

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
More from the story:

This is the latest piece of evidence which at the very least puts the cosmic ray theory, developed by Danish scientist Henrik Svensmark at the Danish National Space Center (DNSC), under very heavy pressure.

The Svensmark hypothesis is that when the solar wind is weak, more cosmic rays penetrate to Earth.

That creates more charged particles in the atmosphere, which in turn induces more clouds to form, cooling the climate.

The planet warms up when the Sun's output is strong.

Professor Sloan's team investigated the link by looking for periods in time and for places on the Earth which had documented weak or strong cosmic ray arrivals, and seeing if that affected the cloudiness observed in those locations or at those times.

"For example; sometimes the Sun 'burps' - it throws out a huge burst of charged particles," he explained to BBC News.

"So we looked to see whether cloud cover increased after one of these bursts of rays from the Sun; we saw nothing."

Over the course of one of the Sun's natural 11-year cycles, there was a weak correlation between cosmic ray intensity and cloud cover - but cosmic ray variability could at the very most explain only a quarter of the changes in cloudiness.

And for the following cycle, no correlation was found.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

news.bbc.co.uk

Scientists have produced further compelling evidence showing that modern-day climate change is not caused by changes in the Sun's activity.

The research contradicts a favoured theory of climate "sceptics", that changes in cosmic rays coming to Earth determine cloudiness and temperature.

This is disinformation and not true. Anyone with even basic common sense knows that the amount or sun or lack thereof dramatically impacts earth climate. The list of direct impacts upon earth by what the sun does and is doing is very long; Solar Flare activity in particular hesperia.gsfc.nasa.gov...

I would like to know who funding these Lancaster University scientists. As always, on this planet "Flow The Money" tells much.

Next thing that will be telling us is the Moon has no impact on the earth but I suspect most people know that the Moon impacts our seasons, tides, even whether you are concieverd male or female.

This is a bull# study. To what end? To misdirect attention from what is really happening with the sun and to us as a result. Long long ago what it that Solar flare causes widespread radio blackout space.newscientist.com...

Don't be fooled. This is a proganda report and news release.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
besides, if the sun have nothing to do with global warming, what is the explanation of the rise of temperature on the other planets in the inner solar system? man made that too????.. not logical in my departement, or any department for that matter.

link to story on the telagraph.co.uk

edit to add link to back up claim.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by darkspace]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by darkspace

That's a great question, and I think it's one of the most important questions that needs to be answered.

I have not found anything on that, has anyone else?

top topics

join