It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chiefs of Staff: Change Course, Face Draft, or Lose Army

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

Ok, i'm on the fence about you making a joke or not. If not: Giving criminals guns and military training is a bad idea. The percentage of violent fruitcakes is a lot higher in that piece of humanity. Ok, true, it's something that the PTB actually wants i think but it will never win you the peace of a country. But after they leave the army you have a bunch of military trained violent fruitcakes on the streets. With some bad luck those people will remain in contact with soldiers and the military weapons will get in the hands of them. Oops. Even the Elitist of the world shoud not want that in case of a revolt.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's not a case of the US simply launching more wars and finding the goons to fight it. How much further do you imagine the US war-for-profit machine will be allowed to go before someone stops it .. massively and conclusively ?

A couple of Hiroshima-sized hits on US cities would paralyse the US .. its people and its leaders.

After that, US politicians would be a lot quieter and would keep their heads down and suddenly become a lot more interested in solving US domestic issues. And Israel would learn to pull its horns in, too.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
They can't draft me, I'm positive I'm a 4F, I'd never even make it to Basic. I've never done a pull up in my life nor have I ever run a mile, I smoke, have taken massive amounts of '___' and am slightly overwheight. So I guess I'll be laughing at all the "healthy and in shape" people being shipped off by the busload to wash the dessert sands in their blood.

So much for bein healthy

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yeah....I'm not getting drafted!!! I don't care what they try to do to me, I'm just not going. They'll have to come find me, which probably won't be hard to do, but I'm just not going. In my opinion, that is the most patriotic thing any of us could do!! When things were almost ending for the Third Reich, Hitler conscripted young men and boys and the older people as well to fight off the allies. I don't think it will get like that here, but who knows what could happen.

"I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war." --Albert Einstein--

Gee...what would happen if we chose peace over war???

Purduegrad05

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by projectvxn

But how many people wouldn't mind? The Air Force is looking at bringing in a different kind of "airman" for the new Cyberspace Command. I would not be surprised if some of the "soldiers" of the future dont have uniforms, PT tests, and would operate behind a screen with a mouse and keyboard. The actual "warrior" would be an unmanned combat unit either on the ground or in the air operating thousands of miles away. The unit itself would have alot of autonomy, the soldier back in the US pretty much supervises, monitors, sends orders, and intervenes when necessary.

I think alot of Americans would be up to the task, especially if it pays well with good benefits. There are plenty of Halo junkies out there that wouldn't hesistate to do it.

I'm not supporting anykind of draft. I'm just stating the obvious.

[edit on 3/4/08 by MikeboydUS]

Oh you're right. I'm not accusing you of supporting any form of draft. But I would hope most Americans would see through the smokescreen and do what is right. I hope...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Drafted to fight for the Evil Empire?
Hell no.

Sign me up for the revolution to reclaim the Republic instead.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harman

Ok, i'm on the fence about you making a joke or not. If not: Giving criminals guns and military training is a bad idea. The percentage of violent fruitcakes is a lot higher in that piece of humanity. Ok, true, it's something that the PTB actually wants i think but it will never win you the peace of a country. But after they leave the army you have a bunch of military trained violent fruitcakes on the streets. With some bad luck those people will remain in contact with soldiers and the military weapons will get in the hands of them. Oops. Even the Elitist of the world shoud not want that in case of a revolt.

I was only half joking, as in, why not fight an illegal war with criminals, especially considering some of the things that happen over in Iraq are illegal as hell anyway. The only part of my post where I was completely serious was the making illegals fight for citizenship instead of drafting people that want nothing to do with it. Course then we would be seen as racist for "Forcing" illegal immigrants to fight for the country they so desperately want to be in.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The Drafts or a manditory Gov service term a great idea!

Either serve in the military/Gov, go to prison, loose all social security and welfare intitlements.

There are way to many deadbeats in this country and the best way to thin out the herd of gang bangers, welfare moms, drug dealers and white trash is to start the draft.

If you don't serve you go to prison.

Same rules apply to every 18 y/o in the country, no hardships out, no college outs, no outs peroid.

If your in college then you go into the ROTC and serve there.

Damn, I should run for Congress!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
The Drafts or a manditory Gov service term a great idea!

Either serve in the military/Gov, go to prison, loose all social security and welfare intitlements.

There are way to many deadbeats in this country and the best way to thin out the herd of gang bangers, welfare moms, drug dealers and white trash is to start the draft.

If you don't serve you go to prison.

Same rules apply to every 18 y/o in the country, no hardships out, no college outs, no outs peroid.

If your in college then you go into the ROTC and serve there.

Damn, I should run for Congress!

I can't say what I'd like to say without being banned.

But seriously, if there's a draft I sure as Hell won't go. Maybe five years ago I would have, but now I have something to lose.

And you know what? The military doesn't really want a draft. They want an all-professional, all-volunteer force of people who actually want to be in the military. A draft brings in elements they really don't want to deal with: People who need extra PT just to pass Basic, people who don't want to shoot and kill and might hesitate at a critical moment, intellectuals who are smart enough to know the reason for fighting is BS, all kinds of people who bring the overall unit competence and morale to unacceptable levels. Besides, if they had a draft they'd have to let gays in, and we all know how the big macho Army is threatened by homosexuality.

Nah, I don't think the draft is really coming. They can't sell it, people won't stand for it, and it will cause the Army more trouble than it's worth.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
The only part of my post where I was completely serious was the making illegals fight for citizenship instead of drafting people that want nothing to do with it. Course then we would be seen as racist for "Forcing" illegal immigrants to fight for the country they so desperately want to be in.

During Vietnam, Mexican citizens were given US citizenship in exchange for 2 years of service in the US military. I know several people who achieved their citizenship this way.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think it's true that the military does not want a draft, they want the professional volunteer force they have now.

And if the US military were only tasked with the defense of the United States, that would certainly be enough.

Unfortunately, the civilian leadership (notably not the military itself) is trying to build an Empire, not defend the Republic. Thus the military is asked to do far more than it can accomplish with an all volunteer force.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SIRR1

So you think we should line our children up to be slaughtered so the rich can pocket a few more Billion?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

Originally posted by Finn1916
The only part of my post where I was completely serious was the making illegals fight for citizenship instead of drafting people that want nothing to do with it. Course then we would be seen as racist for "Forcing" illegal immigrants to fight for the country they so desperately want to be in.

During Vietnam, Mexican citizens were given US citizenship in exchange for 2 years of service in the US military. I know several people who achieved their citizenship this way.

Really? did not know that. So it has worked in th past, do it again. If you think about it, that kind of thing, like having recruiters on the border, would keep the bad illegal immigrants out. The criminals that cross the border. The hard working guys that just want to support their families would have a way to do it, legally, and could then get decent jobs when they get back. We did it to the Irish during the civil war, and obviously to the Mexicans during vietnam, just do it again.

One thing tho, the moment they finish basic, they and their families are now citizens, so that if they get killed overseas, their citizenship of their family will not be revoked.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by AllSeeingI

What you'll see are emerging new dynamics like next generation Private Military Corporations that will possibly be known as Private Defense Industries, Autonomous Battlefield Technology, and the US domination of Space. These three things will forever change the face of warfare.

[edit on 3/4/08 by MikeboydUS]

I am inclined to believe that the 'privatization' of offensive armed forces is what their really after. This state (the US) is hell bent on promoting the use of military power as a police and population control tool. The more they make it impossible for the Army to 'fulfill its' mission' the easier it will be to convince the political troglodytes that we should just 'hire' a military force.

Can you imagine the profit margin? Undermining the Army would be the key to such an end. They are the 'occupational' force required to 'confront' and 'contain' an enemy. You can only use the Marines in such a capacity for so long, there just aren't enough of them (and there were never meant to be that many in the first place). The Air Force and the Navy are much more 'technical' services - they simply aren't equipped or intended for infantry type operations.

'Blackwater' is already 'field-tested' to this end. While Americans begrudgingly seem to accept their presence now, I'm waiting for them to start large-scale 'recruitment' overseas, particularly in areas like Africa where they can find many potential soldiers who yearn for the lifestyle associated with mercenary duty.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If you are all of age, your ALL getting drafted!
If you don't like it you can get the
out of our country!

Why wouldn't you fight for your country?
This country has spent MANY hard years making sure that all of you are safe and are free to do as you want. They've spent so many years doing all of what you have, for you. Then you turn around and tell them you won't fight for them?

How does that work? The U.S. does everything it can to keep you and your family safe, and when they need YOUR help, you say no?

Thats weak. If your parents asked you to help them even if they so much as THOUGHT they needed you. What would you say? They raised you and helped you all of your years, when your finally of age to give back, would you say no?

Same thing for the U.S. They've always been here for us. Now it's our turn to be there for them!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Crisis

I would aggree with you if iraq was a threat to us. It is not, therefore, fighting in Iraq is not fighting for our homelad, it is fighting for someone else's greed.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Crisis
out of our country!

Nah, doesn't mean everyone is getting sent to war even if it happens.

This country has spent MANY hard years making sure that all of you are safe and are free to do as you want. They've spent so many years doing all of what you have, for you. Then you turn around and tell them you won't fight for them?

I would fight for my country, but I honestly do not feel that my country is in danger by IDE makers in Iraq, and opium harvesters in Afghanistan.

How does that work? The U.S. does everything it can to keep you and your family safe, and when they need YOUR help, you say no?

Safe? :shk:

Thats weak. If your parents asked you to help them even if they so much as THOUGHT they needed you. What would you say? They raised you and helped you all of your years, when your finally of age to give back, would you say no?

This president's war is not my parents.

Same thing for the U.S. They've always been here for us. Now it's our turn to be there for them!

I am there for my country, I vote, I pay my taxes, I volunteer for good causes, I hold my own and if there was a situation say, like World War II, yes I would go. This is not World War II, this is not a war to save our country from an evil threat.

Why are we in Iraq again? To stop Saddam Hussein's brutal dictatorship? He's dead now. Weapons of Mass Destruction? If they had them, they are gone because we sure as heck didn't find what we were led to believe was there!

Why are we in Afghanistan again? To get the Taliban? They're out now. We do have a huge opium poppy market there now, but that wasn't there when we started...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There is no need for any war. so there doesn't need to be a draft. All we have to do to clear up this is bring the troops home. because this is all a bs war from the start. the government should think more about morals. now they want to attack iran. maybe the us government should go there and take any nukes that iran has. instead of bombing a nice country. people go look at what iran looks like.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

whats the age to be drafted and whats the cut off age?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Crisis
out of our country!

A day late and a dollar short - my wife and I both put well over over a decade into the service (Cold War through Desert Storm). It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

I have personally forbidden my children from 'volunteering' though, so I will proudly join the ranks of - you say you want war - send your OWN kids' party. Frankly, the whole 'defend your country' attitude is offensive and ignorant, in my opinion. It took many years for me to realize that part of being an American is holding true to the notion that no one gets to define, on my behalf, what 'defending my country' means, because those same people sounding the patriot bell never seem to be the ones out there dying. And even the one's who declare themselves to be war hero's are suspect in my eyes. I've been there, I've seen who gets to be called 'hero' and who just gets to be dead.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Maxmars]

<< 1    3  4 >>

join