It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chiefs of Staff: Change Course, Face Draft, or Lose Army

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Chiefs of Staff: Change Course, Face Draft, or Lose Army

www.liveleak.com

In testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee yesterday, Army Vice Chief of Staff General Richard Cody: Today's Army is out of balance. The current demand for our forces in Iraq and Afghanistan exceeds the sustainable supply and limits our ability to provide ready forces for other contingencies. If unaddressed, this lack of balance poses a significant risk to the All-Volunteer Force.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
2nd in command of the Army is stating that we are at the breaking point. We may be unable to adequately react to a new threat without a draft.

US Govt. leaders claim that we are safer today than before 911. A Complete falsehood! Radical Islam has been inflamed, and our troops are stretched to thin. How are we safer?

www.liveleak.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Buah.

They won't be drafting me, I can assure you of that.

Call me what you want to call me, but I don't fight anyone's bogus wars.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Here's an idea:

Instead of making more war we can't wage, let's end the one's we're stuck in now.

If you can't afford the house you want, learn to live within your means.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
They're not drafting me either. They already have my brother. I'm staying home and fighting for an end to the one we've currently screwed up...It's as though no one remembers Vietnam.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It's about "Indocrination" en.wikipedia.org... Not all recruits will make the cut but 6 in 10 will allow the military to imprint their morals and scrupples. They want loyal sociopaths that will shoot when they are told to shoot; women, children, old men, armed, unarmed, foreign or "Domestic". This is another reason why divorce and broken homes are such a bad thing, as the Military becomes their home, their Parents.

So, if this draft gets through, it will be our own sons and daughters standing on the other side of the line protecting the 30%, the wealth and power against us, the debt slaves.

The bad news continues.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
It wouldn't be such a problem if they just loosened their standards. What are the standards? As far as I can see, anybody over a certain age, or overweight - hey, there goes half the country pickings from fatness alone - or ... I don't know the limits, but some good volunteers wanted in, and were turned away. Just saying the hirers are people snobs.

What about their handy dandy remote controlled stuff? I think some remote control tanks, planes, and the rest of the terminators can do some damage. They could make a law saying that if you are in government, your kids are in, automatically.

I hate drafts.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by lnaphx]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Ahhh...the draft.

This will end up being the fiasco to end all fiasco's. I just wonder what the Mexican's will think when they see tens of thousands of desperate draft dodging Americans crossing THEIR borders

I hear Cancun is nice.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
There won't be a draft.

Ask yourself this: What is the point of gun control if you're going to put everyone in the military?

The real people running this country do not need a United States Military to protect them or meet their needs for them. These things are already done. They're just playing the world political theater.

Running the military in to the ground is not a problem because anyone not inside the inner circle is expendable.

There won't be a draft. They aren't going to take away your pistol in your nightstand, piss you off while doing it, only to turn around and arm you with an M16, put you in an M1A2 Abrams or suit you up for an F-22 Raptor.

It makes no sense whatsoever to violate the constitutional rights of 300 million people to disarm them of a pistol for defending themselves from domestic tyranny if you are going to arm those same 300 million, now extremely angry, people with military grade weaponry.

You're just asking for a violent revolution.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Let's hope that fewer people sign up for the armed services. If more people choose peace over war, then there's a bleak light shining against the dark future.

I agree with an earlier post - doesn't the population remember Vietnam? It looks like history repeats itself over and over and over and over...

The first to be drafted should be ALL relations of politicians. Once they refuse, they'll see why NO ONE should ever be conscripted to fight in bogus wars.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

What you'll see are emerging new dynamics like next generation Private Military Corporations that will possibly be known as Private Defense Industries, Autonomous Battlefield Technology, and the US domination of Space. These three things will forever change the face of warfare.

Would you mind being drafted if you never left the United States? If you simply sat at a workstation console directing Tactical Autonomous Combat units on the other side of the planet? Anyone with a history of playing first person shooters and real time strategy games would have the experience needed to operate the systems.

Lastly I do want to mention were no where near spread thin yet. The Army is the only force being strained right now. The Air Force, Marines, and Navy are just fine.

[edit on 3/4/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by AllSeeingI

What you'll see are emerging new dynamics like next generation Private Military Corporations that will possibly be known as Private Defense Industries, Autonomous Battlefield Technology, and the US domination of Space. These three things will forever change the face of warfare.

Would you mind being drafted if you never left the United States? If you simply sat at a workstation console directing Tactical Autonomous Combat units on the other side of the planet? Anyone with a history of playing first person shooters and real time strategy games would have the experience needed to operate the systems.

Lastly I do want to mention were no where near spread thin yet. The Army is the only force being strained right now. The Air Force, Marines, and Navy are just fine.

I mind being drafted. And it isn't a fear to fight. It's no fear of death. It is a fear of giving up what I believe in, and kill in the name of a destructive ideology. No thanks. I will not be a weapon of imperialistic corporate fascists.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

But how many people wouldn't mind? The Air Force is looking at bringing in a different kind of "airman" for the new Cyberspace Command. I would not be surprised if some of the "soldiers" of the future dont have uniforms, PT tests, and would operate behind a screen with a mouse and keyboard. The actual "warrior" would be an unmanned combat unit either on the ground or in the air operating thousands of miles away. The unit itself would have alot of autonomy, the soldier back in the US pretty much supervises, monitors, sends orders, and intervenes when necessary.

I think alot of Americans would be up to the task, especially if it pays well with good benefits. There are plenty of Halo junkies out there that wouldn't hesistate to do it.

I'm not supporting anykind of draft. I'm just stating the obvious.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Buah.

They won't be drafting me, I can assure you of that.

Call me what you want to call me, but I don't fight anyone's bogus wars.

No doubt, And this time around they cant say we are simply draft dodging cowards because I assure you we will be fighting, But we will be fighting our enemies, Not their enemies..

[edit on 3-4-2008 by C0le]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Two things: One, can I switch the mouse and keyboard for my playstation controller when controlling robot warriors? I prefer my playstation controller cause fire is always R1.

Onto the seriousness. Take every illegal alien crossing our borders, and make them fight to earn their right to be here. I know, that sounds bad, but they broke the law to get here, so they have no problem breaking laws in wartime. Then we take all the criminals that are inf or long periods of itme, train them, give them guns, and it' all good. Hell, they already know how to kill. Finally, get all the gangbangers. Why? they already know how to kill in large numbers with automatic guns, and in uniform. Ya never know, it just might work.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I can believe that the Army is beginning to be stretched thin, but it's hard to believe that the Air Force, Navy, etc is.

And after sitting in a recruiting station for as long as I did when I was younger, and the number of people they turned down, losing their standards they have in place now to recruit people that want to join would be a better option than calling upon those that have no interest.

They better hope that they have their police state ducks in a row, because I have a feeling they will see an uprising of citizens like no other. Who knows, I may have to become political.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If there were to be a draft, i think it wouldn't be for a war like in Iraq. I think if the draft was to come up, we would fight for something bigger like our freedom.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajKarma
It's about "Indocrination" en.wikipedia.org... Not all recruits will make the cut but 6 in 10 will allow the military to imprint their morals and scrupples. They want loyal sociopaths that will shoot when they are told to shoot; women, children, old men, armed, unarmed, foreign or "Domestic". This is another reason why divorce and broken homes are such a bad thing, as the Military becomes their home, their Parents.
This sounds a lot like the reasons young people today join gangs.. surrogate families and support systems.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I can see the headlines now... Millions of American seek refuge in Free Mexico.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
They're fooling themselves if they think we'll just follow orders like robots. Give me a gun and tell me to kill an innocent... I'll shoot the one who gave the order.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join