It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Saint' Pope John Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So PJP II is going to be a saint now? Patron Saint of bullet proof cars?

Is this one of those 'now that he's dead he was a great guy' things? Why were the 'miracles' and 'supernatural' phenominon not mentioned while he was alive? Surely not to protect the Church or the Pope from accusations of being kooks. They are more than happy to advertise it now.

source

Pope Benedict XVI today backed sainthood for his predecessor John Paul II, citing the ``supernatural qualities'' of the Catholic Church's longest- serving pope at a Mass on the third anniversary of his death.

During his 26-year papacy, John Paul displayed "an exceptional spiritual and mystic sensibility,''

Pope Benedict has already put his predecessor on the fast track to sainthood by waiving the usual five-year waiting period.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
So, are you asking a question here? Are you wondering if evidence of miracles involving the applicant for Beatification are necessary?

I'm not sure where the conspiracy angle is here.

Eric

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Oh, and don’t think that the bullet prrof car thing was just being smart.
Have a look at this list of saints
Some of my favorites are:Carnival workers, Diseased cows, Dysentry, The internet, Arms dealers

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

I was just posting news not necessarily worthy of the 'breaking news' forum but maybe of interest in CiR.
Looking for conspiracy? Then yeah, I guess I would like to know what mysticals feats were performed.
Why does Benedict have authority to waive the waiting period for cannonization. I thought 'rules is rules macka.'

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Make the last dead Pope a saint? Oh that makes sense. The guy spent his career covering up all the sex abuse and let's make him a saint.

The first Pope John Paul should be made a saint. He had a lot of good ideas that he was going to follow through on before he was assassinated.

No...let's make the sex abuse hider the saint.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Is this one of those 'now that he's dead he was a great guy' things?

I think it's quite safe to say that John Paul II. was one of the very, very few popes who were universally respected and/or liked during their lifetime.

So, no, that's not one of those "things".

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I m not saying he wasnt in some way respected by many, but why are the supernatural abilities only now being discussed. If the Pope of all people could preform miracles why did no one make a fuss of it when he was alive?

[edit on 3/4/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
That's right he is going to be the patron saint of alzheimer's and or conspiracy cover up. What a guy! What a personality!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
So PJP II is going to be a saint now? Patron Saint of bullet proof cars?

Is this one of those 'now that he's dead he was a great guy' things? Why were the 'miracles' and 'supernatural' phenominon not mentioned while he was alive? Surely not to protect the Church or the Pope from accusations of being kooks. They are more than happy to advertise it now.

source

Pope Benedict XVI today backed sainthood for his predecessor John Paul II, citing the ``supernatural qualities'' of the Catholic Church's longest- serving pope at a Mass on the third anniversary of his death.

During his 26-year papacy, John Paul displayed "an exceptional spiritual and mystic sensibility,''

Pope Benedict has already put his predecessor on the fast track to sainthood by waiving the usual five-year waiting period.

The saints are the believers, dead and alive from the dung scooper (past job from years gone by) upwards to CEO's.

No one has the Authority to lift an individual up apart from God himself

popes are anti Christs as they go against The lords word (IMHO)

david

[edit on 4/4/2008 by drevill]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It just was not enough for them to state that he had such qualities.

What were they? Where is the video proof?

We live in a day and age now where we do not have to settle for verbal proof and faith alone, no Show us the Proof!

I know of Masters that have walked on the earth that were plotted upon, killed and murdered. They were not made Saints although they were, the true Saints of our times.

And they did not hide in the darkend recesses of the cold stone vatican seperate from the common man, teaching old dead religious dogma, they walked in the light of day and not in a glass domed bubble, they were not afraid of being assainated by the crowds, no this is bs he is less a saint than the ones he has blessed into the political arenas during his papacy.

No burning bush, show us the proof!

What did Nostradamus have to say about this last pffinal staint?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Antar,
I couldn't have put it better. As a Christian I hod a certain believe in the supernatural and things God can do for us and through us, but if any man is capable of dispaying any abilities as PJP II is said to have done, I am sure the world would want to se it. It would have gone a long way to reassuring peoples faiths and maybe even converting some. To make the claims after his death is ridiculous.
Also, I have noticed that once a post like this is made the Catholic defenders make accusations of Catholic bashing but offer no support to Benedicts claims. this is not Catholic bashing but a request for evidence.

new topics

top topics

join