It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Salvation and False Salvation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
What if the second coming occurred, all of the worthy ones were saved, and then a deceiver eventually entraps the saved ones back into bondage again? Their "salvation" would be false because they were not provided with the knowledge or the means necessary to keep their salvation. They would be left to wait and suffer again for many thousands of years until the third coming.

This proves true salvation cannot and will not occur unless the savior provides the saved with the knowledge and means to save themselves. True salvation not only frees you but it provides you with the knowledge and the means to keep your freedom.

If the "savior" withholds the knowledge and the means to save yourself then it is false salvation. If the "savior" requires you to pay for your salvation in the form of your 'heart and soul' then it is false salvation because the payment makes you to become possessed, not freed.

If the scriptures say otherwise then the scriptures are setting you up for false salvation.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MITCHEL

Interesting concept, but, what happened to "blessed are those that are persecuted"?

I do not claim to know, nor understand every part of scripture. I do know that the world is corrupt. So the choices presented are 1) endure hardship, or 2) become like the ones who persecute.

My faith has not been perfected and there are times when I would like nothing more than to execute vengance, but, who alone can take on the world?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MITCHEL

What if the scriptures are made up and men wrote them to keep you in fear? Then your whole theory goes down the drain. I'm not saying it's true, but what if?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MITCHEL

I think it would all depend on what you think freedom is.

How do you equate salvation with freedom from bondage? I am a little confused with what you are getting at.

Who is doing the bondage in your opinion, and what would denote freedom?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MITCHEL
This proves true salvation cannot and will not occur unless the savior provides the saved with the knowledge and means to save themselves.

Say, now that's what I've been thinking too. I mean, are we suppose to guess, pick one of the above advertised salvation plans, and then hope we haven't been deceived and tricked and are simply playing make-believe?

If my soul is at stake here, I would prefer to be working with some verifiable facts here. (it certainly seems necessary if to avoid a deception and mistake) Until that knowledge shows up, I have no choice but to continue to follow 'my' intuition and own thoughts to find my way ~ and hope that one day that knowledge will find its way to me.

Yes, beware . . . all them beliefs can't possibly be true ~ some must be deceptions. (but why?)

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Divinorumus]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

What if the scriptures are made up and men wrote them to keep you in fear?

I try not to live in fear, but, find myself more frustrated. My view of the scriptures is somewhat different than the mainstream and although I do believe it has been altered, omissions made and others interjected I have found guidance and strength in them.

I also know that there are some people who consider themselves free, when in reality they are more bound than some captives.

My tolerance for "BS" is currently on overload.

What are the alternative solutions?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What if the scriptures are made up? Does this change anything regarding the difference between true salvation and false salvation? No, because anyone claiming to be a savior (including the space brothers from Kakrafoon) is going to be subject to the same salvation criteria outlined above. You are completely wrong to say the theory goes down the drain if scriptures are not real. The theory stands on its own just fine. Whether scriptures are real or not is irrelevant.

I think the scriptures were made up to control people through the fear of doG, or nataS, or whatever the msirorreT flavor of the week is.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I just go around like the llama or the puppies. Living life; day to day with no worries. True or false; it matters not. In the end, it just is. Why waste one's life buying snake oil from the blind and jaded sales person?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The second coming of Horus? That would be awesome! That guy is cool, one cool cat...with a hawk-head.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Why waste one's life buying snake oil from the blind and jaded sales person?

I agree, but, I also have learned from scripture that the "beast that was, is not", and that the devil is really wicked people doing wicked things, but, my little faith has been my sustaining power and my God lives within me.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siren

My faith has not been perfected and there are times when I would like nothing more than to execute vengance, but, who alone can take on the world?

I loll'd.

Physically?

No one.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
If you're waiting for your saviour to free you, you're wasting what little time you have for saving yourself.

Ain't that a prison?

new topics

top topics

join