It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ID Cards Scrapped of RFID Implants for Infants!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

ID Cards Scrapped of RFID Implants for Infants!

[url=http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2008/04/01/230071/id-cards-scrapped-in-favour-of-rfid-implants-for-infants.htm]www.computerweekly.com[/url ]

The government is to scrap its controversial £30 voluntary ID card system in favour of having every child born in the UK implanted at birth with a free radio frequency-based (RFID) identity marker.
The plan is part of a £100bn 10-year project to put the UK at the forefront of post-internet information technology. It will lead to new grid-based network technology, new information processing and storage systems for "pervasive computing", and new massively parallel programming techniques, the government said.

Children born to cabinet members from next year would be the first to receive the implants. These will guarantee their access to privileged government facilities and services.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This was posted yesterday, so I'm hoping this is some type of cruel April Fool's joke...Tell me this isn't really happening in the real world...If so, our worst nightmares are truly coming to life....

Announcing the scheme a government spokeswoman said it would return Britain to its rightful place as the world's IT technology leader, as it was during the Second World War. It had swapped many of the information theory and technology secrets developed by the code breakers at Bletchley Park for butter and guns from America, and this had let the US gain the lead, she said.

"The future is about pervasive, personal computing, and the national identity scheme is the perfect platform on which to build it," she said.

[url=http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2008/04/01/230071/id-cards-scrapped-in-favor-of-rfid-implants-for-infants.html]www.computerweekly.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Your links are wonky my friend.

apc

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Announcing the scheme a government spokeswoman said it would return Britain to its rightful place as the world's IT technology leader, as it was during the Second World War. It had swapped many of the information theory and technology secrets developed by the code breakers at Bletchley Park for butter and guns from America, and this had let the US gain the lead, she said.

So for us mad hats at ComputerWeekly it's time for tom foolery, high jinks and ridiculous capers. Guess which story on the site today is the figament of imagination of one of our reporters?

I'm guessing this one.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by apc]

new topics

top topics

join