It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown fish found in pond/ 4,000 fish dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Unknown fish found in pond/ 4,000 fish dead

www.standard.net

Freak fish found in pond
More than 4,000 fish dead of unknown causes
The remains of an unidentified aquatic species that appears to have been carnivorous were found near the shoreline of the Pioneer Park Pond in Brigham City."This thing looks like something you would see in a prehistoric scary movie."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This story was on the front page of the ogden standard examiner news paper today. I have no idea what kind of fish that is or how it got there and apparently neither does anyone else. The pond is just an average sized one and kids swim in it and people fish it all the time. I also dont know if the fish had anything to do with the 4,000 dead fish on the shore but it sounds like there might be a disease which could make it harmful to humans too . The numbers and species of those are on the link along with the rest of the story and pictures. If anyone has any thoughts on it id like to hear but now im always gonna think twice before i ever swim in a pond or lake again.

www.standard.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It's a snakehead. More & more common in last few years. Non-native species from orient....

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Here is another article linked in that page with a picture.

www.thesun.co.uk...

What is scary is that they grow up to 3 feet in length and 44 lbs (1 metre and 20 kg for the empirically challenged).

Here is the wiki entry on the species.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mizzu

alright thanks but would you have an idea of how one was in a pond in the rather small place of brigham city utah

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

ya they said it can survive and move on land for up to 4 days. And the fisherman who found it said it looked like it wriggled its way up the bank on its own so thats a possibility. And that they poison the whole lake is also one one cause of all the dead fish from the pond. . thanks

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan
Here is another article linked in that page with a picture.

www.thesun.co.uk...

What is scary is that they grow up to 3 feet in length and 44 lbs (1 metre and 20 kg for the empirically challenged).

Here is the wiki entry on the species.

en.wikipedia.org...

OMG I'm not ever going into a lake or anything again...!!! Mommy I'm scared...

new topics

top topics

join