It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Wants Military Draft Reinstated

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Instead of making the Dems seem like the bad guys...why don't you just research how many Democrates served their country versus the Repulicans? There will never be a draft, the GOP will make sure of that! They want only true Americans to protect this great land, and as much touting as the Repulicans do, very few of those in any position in Washington DC or their children have ever served in the military...look it up...it's true!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anti us gov

You probably won't want to go to Mexico either...that country is part of the bigger plan by the two Bushs...for the NEW WORLD ORDER. This pile of steamy s... has been planned for year and years. The consolidation of Canada and Mexico with the USA will be called the "North American Union" and will no long be the United States of America. Also, we will have new money called the "Amero"...you can thank GW for this wonderfulness!!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Once again the possibility of reinstating a military draft is being discussed in Washington, and while the idea seems remote, it is not unthinkable.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Over my cold dead body.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I been in the US Military for 17 years, I can tell you with certainty that the US Military is adamantly against a draft of any nature. NOBODY IN THE PENTAGON wants a draft, it would destroy the quality of our forces and set back our military for many many years. God, I could not even imagine having to deal with complaining draftees everyday, it would drive me NUTZ.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Canada's border guards have now been conviently armed. Democrats/Republicans...what really is the difference. The are mostly all bought and sold out.
We still have the Iran thing to do.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I've no doubt I'll catch hell for posting this but I gotta say what I gotta say.

I WISH THE HELL THEY WOULD REINSTATE THE DRAFT!

We need to give todays kids something to fear. Force them to make decisions they don't have to make right now. They should be given a few options though.

As I see it the gangs, the drugs, the video games and general life style of present day America has ruined the last few generations. They have no discipline, no goals and will probably be the end of us all.

Give them a choice. When they graduate from high school they can go to college, join the peace corp or get their butts drafted into the military.

No more living off mommy and daddy and spending their nights getting stoned and running wild.

If they want to move to Canada, fine. At least they will be forced to take responsability for their own lives.

If they know from their early teens they will have to make a choice at 18 as to how they want to serve their country, and that they won't be able to get out of it, they will start making smarter and more life oriented decisions.

I'm sick of seeing the gangs steal generation after generation of our children.

Bring back the draft!

if i am not mistaken, in israel, military service is mandatory for teens out of high school.

you make an exceptional point. i do believe that the discipline that the military demands and instills would serve some good.

however, there have been stories in the news about how gang members join the military and then when they are discharged apply their military tactics training with their attacks on rivals and even the police.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

if i am not mistaken, in israel, military service is mandatory for teens out of high school.

The IDF is not a particularly good example for mandatory service, though since it is being discussed I will throw in my 2 cents. Public service should be a mandatory requirement for citizenship 4 years worth. America was built on Democratic Meritocracy. The most important part of which is Meritocracy, as it transcends race, creed or color. Although military service is not for everyone, I am a trigger puller and I can tell you there are even those already in the military that are not quite cut out for the job. I am a firm believer of paying into the system and using it in exchange for direct effect and progressive changes.

i do believe that the discipline that the military demands and instills would serve some good.

Military service does instill discipline and is a positive experience for most individuals; the caveat being it is not for everyone.

however, there have been stories in the news about how gang members join the military and then when they are discharged apply their military tactics training with their attacks on rivals and even the police.

This is a very good point and drives home my emphasis of military service not being for everyone. There is one thing that is not being taken into account. Those who push for the draft are mainly those who've never served in the armed forces and as for who has more family members serving in the 2 parties is irrelevant. Common sense is a friend to any soldier and any soldier will repeat that. The politician with logical efficiency as well as institutional efficiency, minus bureaucracy is a friend to the American soldier. Plainly said draftees are not, they will only escalate any death toll and endanger those who fight beside them. This is why the American military is the best in the world, it is a volunteer institution and therefore those who join are willing to work for the system, stand beside it, stand up to it, serve their nation and most importantly shield and fight for their brother in uniform beside them.

Also, the American soldier is the nations first and last deffense, not everyone is cut out for the task. They should be held in high esteem and treated with greater respect. When they come back from war to watch their nation sold out and divided by greedy backstabbing politicians, it pisses them off. To watch while foreign nationals --who are enemies within-- are treated specially by city, state and federal governments which violate their 14th ammendment rights, it pisses them off even more. The leaders of tomorrow will be the leaders of today, soldiers who lead their peers into combat and bring them back safely to their loved ones. Trust like this cannot be garnished from speeches or promises or bold faced lies; only in blood, sweat, dirt, grime and death--hell on earth.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by N_15L_S01]

[edit on 8-4-2008 by N_15L_S01]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join