It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Wants Military Draft Reinstated

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Why are you busting this guys chops over registering for SS? Hey, he registered and said he'd serve if he were drafted. Nothing wrong with that.

If someone doesn't want to register, that's cool, too. Just remember the consequences of your actions.

Your correct here, and I do owe an apology. The quotations I used above didn't highlight the correct thing and I didn't spend enough time viewing my post before I had to run.. (I don't post often, and will going forward review my postings with greater detail before pushing them forward.)

Again, Ill try to edit the post to correct the quotation errors.

If I can clarify a bit,
I have no issues with the SS, and do also believe one should be registered. That is just being "responsible" on many levels.

I was trying to highlight the sometimes blind faith that is displayed at times in regards to "jumping before looking" type rational.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Originally posted by bgaty
reply to post by mrwupy

Well that pretty easy for you to say, im assuming that your far from the drafting age. I love how people generalize an entire generation for being lazy and druggies when only a minority are to blame. Sure there are lazy kids, but haven't there always??
"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for
authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer
rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents,
chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their
legs, and are tyrants over their teachers." Socrates (469–399 B.C.)

If anyone is to blame its the previous generation who did a poor job raising them. I do agree that people kids need more discipline, but do you think a draft will do anything other than cost more american lives? You can sit behind your keyboard and preach all you want, but unless your within the age to be drafted you really hold no respect from me
. Can i ask you a few questions? have you ever been to war? were you ever drafted? Maybe you have, and maybe you were drafted for Vietnam, but all im trying to say is that you might mean well, however ill be damned if im drafted and taken out of college to fight in a war that was wrong to begin with.

No, I was not drafted or serve in the military. My son was in the National Guard and my daughter is stationed at Fort Campbell right now and will go to Afghanistan later this year.

All I'm saying is children that are raised with no expectations of them will have no expectations of themselves.

As adults we should make them make choices that will lead them into productive choices for their lives.

Service to their country, to humanity, to the higher good of every human being is something we should demand of them. I didn't say they had to serve in the military. I said they should be made to make a choice between college, the Peace Corp, or get drafted..

Letting them lay around and get stoned or do nothing with their lives isn't working.

As the adult generation, it's a debt we owe the up and coming generation.

Ok, stop yourself right there because, again, you re-stated/admitted that the problem is that the children of this generation are not being raised well into becoming better productive citizens... guess what skippy? That's the parents job to do, and not the governments, and sending them to DIE due to a draft just because your opinion dictates (yes, YOUR opinion) that they need to "learn more responsibilities" and yadda yadda yadda.... again, this problem does NOT stem from the govt. this is something PARENTS should be dealing with. Why should the kids that are raised well, do grow up to have good jobs, go to college, become productive members of society have to pay the price because of the few idiots that had bad parents and decided to join gangs?

Teaching children how to become better members of society is all well and good, I agree with you. But the draft is not the answer. It's the parents. You can't expect the govt. to solve everything, that's not how this country rolls. (or at least it used to be that way).

As has been stated before, serving your country is a great idea and a great principle to have. I know I was about to and had thought about it on more than one occassion to the point my fiancee was scared I was gonna go through with it. But when waging war becomes nothing more than a tool for the big wigs in the govt. to get more money for themselves, in the meanwhile burying this country deeper and deeper and screwing the average joe american I vowed I wanted to protect (lets not forget that they themselves either dodged, or would never risk their own childrens' lives) you can't help but wonder who you really are serving... your country? or these greedy big wigs? sorry... but if this was another honorable war, I could see how I would join, but it's not and I don't believe ANY children should be drafted into this war, let alone try and learn responsibilities or become better members of society when they're fighting for the wrong cause, the wrong people and learning the wrong responsibility.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It's (the draft) all set up and ready to go. I've signed my application and swore the to the oath contained there in/on the application to be a board member in my county who will with 7 others to hear the reason(s) why a person feels they should not have to be enlisted in this 'Social Service Program'. I with my other 6 panel / board members will decide if that person will or will not be exempt from this program.
So as I am disabiled (paralized from the waist down, confinded in a wheelchair) I feel honored to serve my country anyway I am abled to...
So don't think it 'WILL NOT HAPPEN', think again my friends it is just a matter of time and that time is drawing very near....
Peace and good luck to you all in the 18-42 age range for your time to do your part for this (your) country is near....
I've only one word for those who would choose to 'run away' COWARDs! Pack your bags leave now this country doesn't need your kind anyway.
This will be my one and only post on this matter because I'm certian there are many who will want to slam/flame me for my calling the runaways cowards ... I feel it is useless to go back en forth will name calling and insults ... so no verbal banter from me on this one
Again Peace all no matter which way you feel on this matter!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
They have tried to pass the universal service act for the last 5 or 7 years now.......The scariest thing about it is the fact they have expanded the age swath of the legislation to require two years mandatory military service for all males and females from 18 to 42 years old.
That would net a real large chunk of cannon fodder for those wussies who won't fight their own battles now,wouldn't it ?.
How many people do you know who would be effected by this?,like maybe both your mom and dad?...and all of your friends and most of your relatives?....
If this legislation passes,we won't have an unemployment problem in the US anymore,a lot of the homelessness issues will be addressed too...
I look at the economic stimulus thing going down now as a way to get info on where everyone is in the country,how old they are,and to get an idea of their incomes+a way to do a kind of secret census.....
Gets wierder every day,and all ya gotta do is pay out a piddly 600.00 to get the info on almost everyone,everywhere.
They never reveal the truth about their true intentions initially,and no one looks at things close enough to guess what them criminals in charge are up to until it is too late.
Drive the economy down,bankrupt nearly everyone,offer them a little money,and then give em a job dying for their country,using the info used from supposedly helping them with money woes........
Criminals always prey on suckers.
Suckers.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
there is so much to this issue that many fail to address,and cannot be covered here because of the immense web of bull# spun to cover the tracks of the criminals in charge,they seriously don't even talk a language we can all understand.
There is,and never has been honor in war and killing others for any reason,and never will be.
There is no need for war.
I served my country,and have tasted combat myself,and cannot justify the things I did or saw,I did my job the best I could,and got the fk out as soon as I could.
Anyone who thinks any of this is necessary is just a fool.
Governments ahve wars,they just let others fight it for them.
Wimps

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Didn't the service become "volunteer" partly due to the government not liking the backlash they received because of the draft in the first place? Why would they want to initiate again?

Knowing the backlash it would create today, with the inevitable civil unrest and protest it would cause, could it be just another "excuse" to execute a police state within America? Similar to the recent Tibetan protests, only replaced with avid anti-draft civilians demonstrating their opinion, with the government using it as an excuse to further promote their NWO philosophy.

Think about it: they create a problem (reinstating the draft), the public goes haywire, and then the government provides a solution (police state). It's a classic governmental tactic that has been used before. Just look at the Federal Reserve and our economy at the moment!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
What if the threat to American "national security" is nothing more than a CIA false-flag operation, like 9/11?

Uhh, this is the exact reason why people aren't chomping at the bit to join the military. People have no faith that the 'enemy' (or rather who we're told is the enemy) is a real threat to our country, hence we're not all chomping at the bit to go kill and die while fighting them. I certainly wouldn't need to be drafted to go fight the true enemy of this great nation. But the enemy isn't in Iraq. They're not in Iran, or Syria or Russia or China. Not even in North Korea. The enemy is not wearing Battle Dress Uniforms, they're not carrying assault weapons, they're not driving tanks or flying jets. They're sitting in cushy offices, living in elaborate mansions driving cars with tinted windows and hiding behind rhetoric and the apathy of the people. As the veil of apathy falls, the enemy will be clear, and I whole-heartedly believe, a draft will not be necessary to get anyone to fight the true enemy.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeolepal
It's (the draft) all set up and ready to go. I've signed my application and swore the to the oath contained there in/on the application to be a board member in my county who will with 7 others to hear the reason(s) why a person feels they should not have to be enlisted in this 'Social Service Program'. I with my other 6 panel / board members will decide if that person will or will not be exempt from this program.
So as I am disabiled (paralized from the waist down, confinded in a wheelchair) I feel honored to serve my country anyway I am abled to...
So don't think it 'WILL NOT HAPPEN', think again my friends it is just a matter of time and that time is drawing very near....
Peace and good luck to you all in the 18-42 age range for your time to do your part for this (your) country is near....
I've only one word for those who would choose to 'run away' COWARDs! Pack your bags leave now this country doesn't need your kind anyway.
This will be my one and only post on this matter because I'm certian there are many who will want to slam/flame me for my calling the runaways cowards ... I feel it is useless to go back en forth will name calling and insults ... so no verbal banter from me on this one
Again Peace all no matter which way you feel on this matter!

The coward here my friend, is those that blindly follow everything the government says REGARDLESS of whether it is constitutional or unconstitutional. Our fore fathers did not die so we could become enslaved yet again by the elite few. Get your head out of the sand!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
the US population is 300 Million, the armed forces deployed all totaled maybe 750,000 including navy airforce and marine army ground units and support staff.

Military CONUS what maybe 1 million total or less ?

lets say they draft 1 to 2 million 18-42 year olds. Of course they can only draft documented law abiding IRS registered individuals which leaves out the 30 or 40 MILLION illegal aliens possibly in this same age bracket.

Draft our kids and then have 100,000 troops wiped out from a counter attack while attacking Iran. Since I am sure Iraq theater deployment would go from 250,000 to 500,000 + in a blink of an eye this makes for a target rich enviroment and if you amass a 200,000 to 300,000 + ground force might be easy to lose 100,000 real quick.

This happens with our children being drafted for a non sense war guaranteed the remaining CONUS able body men of my generation some 30 or 50 million gun toting US patriots will put the government in check. They will have to bring our boys back to the US just to control the "population" sons returning from war and told to shoot their fathers and uncles and brothers.......

Revolution.

So bring it on NWO, bring it on money bags wall street, make the draft happen and you will see the dawn of a new day, OUR DAY !

Forget about the local PD when you have the general population joining with all the gang bangers as a compromise the PD will be powerless to enforce anything after the first few incidents when their precincts buildings are swarmed by 100,000 or more armed "vandals" when police cars are destroyed on site wherever encountered, you think with as bankrupt our country is currently in that local governments will be able to get new cop cars quickly ???? They will drive new cars off the lots, angering local business owners who might have been on the fence. The local militia will be their own police free of the "fed".

It will be far more dangerous then being an Iraqi Policeman in Iraq who has the US Military behind them for support.

Local PD will walk in droves joining the Militias of the Revolution of the United States Freeman.

Victory in Numbers, for the past has come alive again, the spirits of Jefferson, Adams, Hamilton, Washington have been reborn anew.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by robertfenix]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
Draft our kids and then have 100,000 troops wiped out from a counter attack while attacking Iran. Since I am sure Iraq theater deployment would go from 250,000 to 500,000 + in a blink of an eye this makes for a target rich enviroment and if you amass a 200,000 to 300,000 + ground force might be easy to lose 100,000 real quick.

Well first off, the draft is unlikely in the first place. When the war with Iraq was planned, the generals were pretty much unanimous that we could win the war with a force around 130,000 or so, but to handle the occupation, rebuilding, and peacekeeping efforts afterward we would need 500,000+. Rumsfeld killed that idea, partially because he makes a lot of money from defense contractors who push "technology over manpower" (and thus had something to prove to DoD nay-sayers and penny-pinchers), partially because if we'd put 500k in Iraq it would drain our other forces to unacceptable levels and require a draft to pick up the slack, and partially because Iraq was never meant to be "won" in the first place. The occupation is meant to go on forever, thus we can't actually send enough troops to do it right because if we finished the job we'd have to leave and come home--and the money spigot to the MIC shuts off. In fact, part of Rangel's attempts to institute the draft are based on the idea that if the pResident wants to stay in Iraq and "stay the course", then we need to actually do things right and come home. Thus, the attempt to bring back the draft, to provide the needed numbers. Iraq is completely unwinnable under the current strategy, and that comes directly from the generals in charge--people who should know.

This happens with our children being drafted for a non sense war guaranteed the remaining CONUS able body men of my generation some 30 or 50 million gun toting US patriots will put the government in check. They will have to bring our boys back to the US just to control the "population" sons returning from war and told to shoot their fathers and uncles and brothers.......

Never gonna happen. Oh, there will be protests, but the media will ignore it, because they're largely ownd by military contractors who have a stake in the occupation. As for large-scale revolt, I doubt the American people would turn off American Idol long enough to do anything at all. Besides, they don't need to bring the troops back to foil a revolution, because Blackwater mercenaries (among others) will do that for them. The only thing they answer to is money. Even if they did bring the troops back to fight here, regiments are largely set up so that it's very easy to keep soldiers from having to shoot at their own families. They'll just be deployed elsewhere. That makes it a simple matter for soldiers to follow orders, because their COs can point out the "Enemy" and the troops won't look and see their own brothers.

Revolution.

So bring it on NWO, bring it on money bags wall street, make the draft happen and you will see the dawn of a new day, OUR DAY !

I'm sorry, but this is just fantasy.

Forget about the local PD when you have the general population joining with all the gang bangers as a compromise the PD will be powerless to enforce anything after the first few incidents when their precincts buildings are swarmed by 100,000 or more armed "vandals" when police cars are destroyed on site wherever encountered, you think with as bankrupt our country is currently in that local governments will be able to get new cop cars quickly ???? They will drive new cars off the lots, angering local business owners who might have been on the fence. The local militia will be their own police free of the "fed".

It will be far more dangerous then being an Iraqi Policeman in Iraq who has the US Military behind them for support.

Local PD will walk in droves joining the Militias of the Revolution of the United States Freeman.

Or, they'll join Blackwater for a six-figure salary and a chance at revenge.

Victory in Numbers, for the past has come alive again, the spirits of Jefferson, Adams, Hamilton, Washington have been reborn anew.

There will be no victory. There will be no numbers. There's no way to organize without surveillance and infiltration by Feds. They already know exactly who all the militia leaders are, where they live, where they work, how they train, who's in their groups, everything. The first strike would not come from the citizens. It would come from the Feds. They will cut off the head and the movement will die. Militias don't have anti-tank weapons, SAMs, or anything else effective against military hardware.

The only chance at victory is not to buck the system, but to become part of it. Become more active in your political party of choice. Run for office. Change the way things are done legally, from the inside. If you go off half-cocked looking for glory you will only find needless death.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Forget about Blackwater they have to get paid...... who is going to pay them, the fantasy dollar fairy.... ???

The printing machine can not continue to run forever on borrowed debt. Same problem with Drafting 2 million plus new military personal, where is the money going to come from to equip them ??? better yet how are you going to transport them once you get them in ranks ??? With the billions of "spare" budget money to put new vehicles in service ?? oops in fact where are the surplus vehicles ?? to convoy and run these new troops around the battlefield ? Looks like the US GOV will have to ask its global partners to start "donating" military hardware in theater so we have enough tanks and truck and HMMV type vehicle to adequately shuttle around all these new combatants in theater.... hummm

Hope our credit rating is still good and our bond market solvent enough... oops that tanked too.....

I know we will just start cranking out hardware from US factory.... no, seems like most of those are all closed and dilapidated... I know we will ask GM, humm seems like they layed off or early retired apparently almost 50% of their domestic work force..... Ok we have a few existing factories that can crank out war goods lets start placing orders and getting raw materials, we need lots of steel..... humm seems to be a shortage of steel raw drawn product, what is available is going to other nations because of the currency valuation credit on foreign monies vs USD.....

And besides what is 1,000 or even 5,000 Blackwater mercs going to do in controlling a population of lets say 200 million adults..... the US is a pretty big place, much like the fallacy of Martial law, there is physically not enough military presence to be in every large metro, city and small town across the entire nation at the same time.

This is very fact is the reason the US GOV shuts down any possible grass roots Militia that gets started because they know if it caught hold and spread like wildfire there would be no stopping it.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I read through this thread and I have to say, I'm disappointed by some, and very surprised by others.

I will say this to the cowards who seem to be living here and have no desire to die for their country: Please leave, as you are probably one of the reasons this country has gone the way it has. Go ahead and go to Canada or Mexico. Hell, if half the population left, this country would be thriving once again, and we wouldn't have to carry your dead weights around.

So, you cowards, run away now, before total war breaks out, because if you run then, they won't have to ask why you have a bullet in the back of your head.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think you are missing the point there are plenty of people prepared to die for their country, just no reason to die in Iraq as that is not our country.

Our country last I checked was the good ole US of A. Not Iraq America. not United States of Iran.

Ok so some terrorists crashed planes into some buildings and killed 3,000 innocent people.

We should have and mostly did destroy their operational abilities, seize their money and placed a bounty on their heads. That's where it should have ended. Hell instead of $25 mill of Osama make they could have made it $500 Million and told Blackwater go get him. Done case closed.

Instead we traded 3,000 dead for 4,000 more dead soldiers and countless BILLIONS wasted getting an entire fantatical society wound up enough to want to blow themselves up and others around them just to take out a US soldier.

Pathetic and a total waste.

We already slapped Osama's hand by bombing the @#$#@$ out of him and his camps. We took out Sadam for some propped up intelligence, again if we had plans to destroy the entire security network in Iraq and dispose of its entire leadership we should have had the entire backup government ready to rock in roll in its place before the first bomb was dropped. This whole lets play it by ear war planning was the stupidest plan ever devised in modern warfare history.

This is why people do not want to go over there and "fight for their country" because they are not fighting for the sake or honor of the US people. They are fighting because some PTB decided they wanted to wage war in the ME and now they need bodies to pull the triggers and keep the chaos to a minimum.

Complete waste of time and resources this is why people are pissed that instead of spending the Billions of dollars in the US economy they spent it paying to Iraqi families for accidentally destroying their home, cars, business and killing their loved ones on "accident". Were sorry he just did not answer us fast enough so he took 3 rounds, heres $5,000, close the door on your way out.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by robertfenix

Robert, don't bother with these pro war posters. Judging by waht they're saying, they're nothing more than trolls seeking attention, nothing more. They just want to stir the pot by saying something controversial, regardless of whether they truly believe the diatribe they're saying or not.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Well, some of those ideas that you put forth that guys can do to get out of the service once they are in are a bit shaky. Sure, you'll probably get discharged, but before that happens, I have two words for you:
Blanket Party

The ideas were not shaky. That is how you get out. Believe me, I saw it firsthand, and the other ATS members who have gone through basic training in the past 5 years can tell you.
The examples I listed were ones I saw first hand. That is how several people got out (whether willingly or not) legally.

Blanket parties are generally a thing of the past. The military has had too many hazing lawsuits so they curbed the use of physical violence. One of my coworkers was a Drill Instructor (he's actually a cool guy too) and they all had to go through months of training on how to make you feel like crap without violence, and how to prevent violence within the unit. One of the Drill instructors duties is to ensure the safety of those under him/her.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
what if there is a draft, can we as the draftees all not go if we don't want to???

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by adkchamp

Yes, but be prepared to go to jail as a consequence, or move to another country, or lie your way out of going. Either way it'll be a long road to take, especially since I'm sure the military will do everything it can to make you go regardless.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by robertfenix

You make very valid points, and I do agree with most, if not all.

I know that I can't blame someone for leaving this country if the damn President that half the nation elected wants to go to war with the whole middle east. I can't blame anyone for that, because even me, as a military vet, would be gone in a heart beat.

I'm talking about the people who would cut tail and run if we went to a war in Iran and China decided to invade us. Let those people leave, because they aren't worth it, nor can you trust them.

Question, I'm very far from pro-war, and actually am an ardent supporter of Support the Troops, not the War.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Under the new agreement, it will be Canadian troops brought in for suppression. Your sons will not be allowed back home armed to defend liberty.

No one in history has ever seen the collapse of a technological nation of our scale. I believe the usual storm the bastelle scenarios will be few and far between, on the general scale of things. Communications will not stop when the government goes belly up. It will be more like the second Continental Congress.

On the other hand corporations will still have vested interests. The world will have vested interests. There will be legal claims and UN will be called in to handle the transfer of power to the creditors or something of the sort. When our new Chinese masters or whoever we owe heavily too show up to claim control during the reorganization, it will be an interesting news day.

You guys really need to think outside the box more.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
what percentage of congress is literal?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join