It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Wants Military Draft Reinstated

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Total speculation here but what if the USA is nothing more and was meant to be nothing more than a breeding ground for the iron fist of the NWO? If you knew with which high regard our Government holds the children it would make you wonder.

You and I grew up in a world with some expectation of our rights and such, our children are being brought up in a very controlled environment as if they are being groomed for the new system and let me tell you what people, if you are not willing to adapt, they don't need you.

They knew our generation would have the worst time adopting this new system and they believe they are prepared to deal with us, perhaps they are.

The "Neocons" believe it is the destiny of America to rid the world of all evil forces (sounds crazy I know) but that is them. Just think of America as a base of operations and then look at what is going on in the world and formulate your own opinion.

just my .02

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I've no doubt I'll catch hell for posting this but I gotta say what I gotta say.

I WISH THE HELL THEY WOULD REINSTATE THE DRAFT!

We need to give todays kids something to fear. Force them to make decisions they don't have to make right now. They should be given a few options though.

As I see it the gangs, the drugs, the video games and general life style of present day America has ruined the last few generations. They have no discipline, no goals and will probably be the end of us all.

Give them a choice. When they graduate from high school they can go to college, join the peace corp or get their butts drafted into the military.

No more living off mommy and daddy and spending their nights getting stoned and running wild.

If they want to move to Canada, fine. At least they will be forced to take responsability for their own lives.

If they know from their early teens they will have to make a choice at 18 as to how they want to serve their country, and that they won't be able to get out of it, they will start making smarter and more life oriented decisions.

I'm sick of seeing the gangs steal generation after generation of our children.

Bring back the draft!

Yes, but the rise of gangs is part of the problem-reaction-solution Agenda to make money off of drugs and use as an excuse to increase police tyranny...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
When I read about people dodging the draft and whatnot, I always remember this:

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me".

-Isaiah 6:8

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
National service is something people in most nations expect to perform. Being drafted to be canon fodder in some damn fool Bush/Cheney unprovoked war is an entirely different matter.

Resistance is never futile.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Exactly if another country attacked our nation I would very willingly take up arms to defend it, but only if we were being attacked.

Now the war right now and the one against Iran that Cheney and Mccain want I would not even think about going to fight. We are not defending our freedoms or helping anyone.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I almost didn't want to chime in on this since there are a dozen different aspects I could talk about and go into, and based upon the posts, I know I'm going to get attacked for my opinion.

However, I will say I do agree with reinstating the draft. Actually I think the proposal should be more inclusive. I believe that all able persons should serve a minimum of 2 years in any federal capacity. I don't think that such an idea or even a draft would contribute to NWO. I do think that it would contribute to a better quality of citizen.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The draft was in full swing when I graduated from high school in 1965. How well I remember that dreadful letter informing my male friends they were 1A. That was the magic number that sent you packing to VietNam.

Now, I have 4 grandsons. They are very healthy except for one that is deaf. I know if the draft is reinstated at least 3 of my "boys" will probably be drafted.

Knowing these young men as I do they will not run. They will represent our country to the best of their ability. I will support their decision. However, if one or all should not want to serve I guess we'll move to Mexico. I will protect them.

My grandfather, my father, my son and all 4 of my uncles did their time in the military. I wanted to join the military in 1965 but my father said he would disown me if I did. I respected his wishes. I regret not joining now.

Bring back the draft? I would probably have to say yes if the first to be drafted were the healthy young men that were not in college or working.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
will this happen in other countries like england and australia if it becomes real in america?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark_Ace

Many countries have required service in their National Armed forces. Me personally, I like the idea, or reinstating the draft. I think it would be good to have people have to serve their country. it'd make them have a bit of pride and a sense of responsibnility for what happens to it. I have my personal reasons for not joining the military, but if it was required, I'd go. I'd have qualms about it, sure. All of my best teachers served in the military. They took jobs at private schools (the pay is generally poor) because they felt a sense of responsibility for the youth of our nation. They always had a sense of " I don't give a hoot if you don't like, you're going to leave here with what I'm trying to teach you." They were pretty much always great men who I've always held in high respect.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

think it would be good to have people have to serve their country.

i think thats a bit wrong, it should be up to the person if they wont to join or not, what if they dont even like the country theyre living in?

no one whould be forced to do anything or at the leat to be trained to know how to kill

we not in the middle east

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I think everyone should serve this country in some sort of capacity. Be it the military or some sort of community service. Their choice.

But I also think that it should be the descision of the person, without a draft.

I also believe that people who serve should be rewarded outside of pay for duty. Those that serve in some capacity, should get free college tuition and room and board. If they serve for 2 years, they get 2 years of college.

To me, this would be a win, win situation.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by Dark_Ace

Many countries have required service in their National Armed forces. Me personally, I like the idea, or reinstating the draft. I think it would be good to have people have to serve their country. it'd make them have a bit of pride and a sense of responsibnility for what happens to it. I have my personal reasons for not joining the military, but if it was required, I'd go. I'd have qualms about it, sure. All of my best teachers served in the military. They took jobs at private schools (the pay is generally poor) because they felt a sense of responsibility for the youth of our nation. They always had a sense of " I don't give a hoot if you don't like, you're going to leave here with what I'm trying to teach you." They were pretty much always great men who I've always held in high respect.

You mean serve in illegal wars that benefit nobody but the globalists?

You mean defending the globalists' "right" to oil and drug monopolies?

You mean "representing" the desires of a tiny handful of people who laugh in your @$$ as you get shot?

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Provided the sons and daughters of the privileged were permitted no loop holes to avoid military service.

And the wars fought were legal and just, and Constitutionally declared with a clear and forthright, virtuous purpose.

And the Commander in chief was not a coke snorting, drunken, spoiled frat boy draft dodging chicken hawk.

And the service members were properly out fitted with the most up-to-date gear.

And the corporate profiteers were excluded from the decision-making process.

And all mercenary Blackwater private contractor types were outlawed and abolished.

And all veterans were afforded fair benefits befitting their sacrifice.

And all torture was unthinkable.

And the "War on Terror" and the "War on Drugs" were abolished and declared the corporate-enriching, police-state promoting farce that they are.

And we actually first tried diplomacy in earnest, treating other countries and their citizens and customs with respect and only resorting to war as the absolute, final last resort.

And only then entered into such action with a grave and heavy heart because it meant people were about to die.

Only then...

[edit on 3-4-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Congress wants a military draft? The Army Chiefs of Staff said today: Change Course, Face Draft, or Lose Army

I wish they would try and institute a draft. Perhaps then we would get the sheeple to wake up and protest big and loud for once against the tyrannical Presidential administration of the US.

[edit on (4/3/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Rangel's proposed legislation on the draft is not meant to bring the draft back per se. It is, however, meant to be a political commentary...or even a satire. HIS proposed legislation is meant yo make a point...that the rich are absent in our current military...that the poor are our military backbone...HIS legislation is more bombast than ideology. Now, that's Rangel. As for others in our government...well, I'm sure there are more than a few who truly think that it'd be a wonderful idea.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Well that pretty easy for you to say, im assuming that your far from the drafting age. I love how people generalize an entire generation for being lazy and druggies when only a minority are to blame. Sure there are lazy kids, but haven't there always??
"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for
authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer
rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents,
chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their
legs, and are tyrants over their teachers." Socrates (469–399 B.C.)

If anyone is to blame its the previous generation who did a poor job raising them. I do agree that people kids need more discipline, but do you think a draft will do anything other than cost more american lives? You can sit behind your keyboard and preach all you want, but unless your within the age to be drafted you really hold no respect from me
. Can i ask you a few questions? have you ever been to war? were you ever drafted? Maybe you have, and maybe you were drafted for Vietnam, but all im trying to say is that you might mean well, however ill be damned if im drafted and taken out of college to fight in a war that was wrong to begin with.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

You put it all so well. I really dont think we should ever need a draft, if there was another situation like ww2 where we are defending america and our allies i personally think that people should step up to the call without being forced, i know i would. But the current occupation of iraq is far from justified and legit, nor is it or has it ever been a threat to our national security.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bgaty
reply to post by mrwupy

You can sit behind your keyboard and preach all you want, but unless your within the age to be drafted you really hold no respect from me
. Can i ask you a few questions? have you ever been to war? were you ever drafted? Maybe you have, and maybe you were drafted for Vietnam, but all im trying to say is that you might mean well, however ill be damned if im drafted and taken out of college to fight in a war that was wrong to begin with.

You do realize that the enlistment age has been raised to include the ages of 18 - 42 don't you?

If there is a draft re - instatement, not only will college age kids be drafted but so will some of their parents. Mothers and daughters, fathers and sons, could all theoretically be fighting side by side.

How do you like them apples?

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

I want to add more to this

It will be as followed.

18 - 42

Male and female

None of this 1st born crap you are all going.

College?? so what your gone also.

Canada will return you, I am betting Mexico will also.

Other than that We are all screwed in that age group..

Oh and families 18 -42 mother and father.. You both are gone also.

This is a equal opportunity killing machine, your age, gender, schooling, bg don't apply unless your in the right cliche.

[edit on 4/3/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

I didn't know that, thanks for bringing that to my attention. But to be honest the "new" draft might sound good on paper, but if your really going to fight a war who do you think they will take first? The fat 42 year old accountant or the fit 18 year old? Aside from that argument as much as i would hate the draft it might do a small amount of good by investing more American family's into the war. Im sure many of you can attest to if your son/ daughter/ brother ect was drafted you would be much more involved in the political side of things, like writing to our congressmen, demonstrating aginst the war ect. Not saying it would be good, but at least the average american would give a crap about if we attack/ invade random countries because you would have a famity member or yourself going. And i think that alone would limit our governments ability to do these preemptive attacks. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense its been a long day...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join