It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Wants Military Draft Reinstated

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Once again the possibility of reinstating a military draft is being discussed in Washington, and while the idea seems remote, it is not unthinkable.

Democratic Congressman Charles Rangel of New York, soon to be a powerful committee chair, has openly called for reinstating the Selective Service System.

Retired Army Gen. Barry McCaffrey claims that our ground forces in both Afghanistan and Iraq are stretched far too thin and desperately need reinforcements.

Meanwhile, other political and military leaders suggest that several hundred thousand additional troops might be needed simply to restore some semblance of order in Iraq.

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: www.conspiracyplanet.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think this was brought up twice by Rangel (D NY) in the last Congress, and was soundly defeated both times. It wouldn't surprise me with the Democrats now in charge that it is brought up again.

Watch out teenagers, and moms and dads! Democrats are in control and they want the draft.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
well, looks like i might get a one way ticket to Canada.

I kind of liked it here.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by baconvein
well, looks like i might get a one way ticket to Canada.

I kind of liked it here.

If you're going to Canada, you'd best do it before the draft is reinstated, as Canada will no longer harbor draft dodgers, and will help extradite them back to America.

I doubt you'll have to worry about it though. Rangel has pushed for the draft every year since 2003, and it has been defeated each time. He's not doing it in order to get the draft reinstated, he's doing it to drum up support for pulling out of Iraq. He knows that if a draft were ever reinstated, most of America would be up in arms about it, and it'd result in us pulling out of Iraq that much quicker.

You can read about the idea in this old article from the Washington post from the first time he tried this.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
From what I read, Canada is not going to allow young men to escape the US draft by running away to Canada.

Nor will there be a Jimmy Carter amnesty this time around.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Am I correct in thinking young women will be drafted as well?

Seems reasonable in view of all this equality stuff.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
There's only politician I know of that "wants" this and I think even he knows the proposal is nothing more than a publicity stunt. A draft is political suicide for whatever party goes for it.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I think this was brought up twice by Rangel (D NY) in the last Congress, and was soundly defeated both times. It wouldn't surprise me with the Democrats now in charge that it is brought up again.

Watch out teenagers, and moms and dads! Democrats are in control and they want the draft.

Yup- they can't sell their BS wars anymore so now they will force people into them.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Does anyone know whats the worst they could do to you if you refused to go?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What I like is everyone screams, "Bush wants a draft for Iran!!!!!!", yet it's a Democrat that's always bringing this up in Congress.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
Does anyone know whats the worst they could do to you if you refused to go?

Prison.

Don't drop the soap!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thought
There's only politician I know of that "wants" this and I think even he knows the proposal is nothing more than a publicity stunt. A draft is political suicide for whatever party goes for it.

You are forgetting; both parties are controlled by Rothschilds/Rockefellers/big multinationals. If the draft is on the Agenda, rest assured both parties will work in unison to acquire one.

Please don't let this statement turn this thread in the wrong direction.

Look, all the Dems support the draft, and McCain supports the 100-year-war for global government.

Where will you get the military might for the 100-year-war? THE DRAFT!

Watch out; your son just MIGHT end up in slavery (mandatory military service)!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I'll probably just go to Canada then. Its probably better than staying here and "sticking it to the man"

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

Show up in full on drag and say who in the hell do I have to XXXX to get in on some of the real man action!!!!!!!

And bring a really good buddy who doesn't want to sign up either and make out in the lobby while your waiting for the recruiter/paperwork! Of course this requires major tongue action so be sure he is cute and can keep his mouth shut when you go home to pack. You will probably get a call just as you have everything folded neatly saying WE DON'T NEED YOUR SERVICES but thanks for stopping by and respecting our demandssss....err wishes.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If there was a draft which there wont be, who would be considered for it? I think its time that we think about moving out of the USA. I was thinking Mexico because its cheaper and warm their all the time.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

showing up in drag wouldn't help. Obama and Clinton are trying to let the gays into the military. I dont have a problem with those type of people but if i was gay i would tell them dont let gays in. because then you still can lie and get out of going to war.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dk3000
reply to post by theendisnear69

Show up in full on drag and say who in the hell do I have to XXXX to get in on some of the real man action!!!!!!!

:

I believe that was a prerequisite for the SS...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
reply to post by jerico65

I'll probably just go to Canada then. Its probably better than staying here and "sticking it to the man"

You can run from the USA, but you can't hide from the NAU.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

haha Mexico it is then.

I live in New Mexico anyways it's probably much easier to run south than north for me

And if I have to dress drag anything is better than lowering my self to killing another human in a stupid war.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I've no doubt I'll catch hell for posting this but I gotta say what I gotta say.

I WISH THE HELL THEY WOULD REINSTATE THE DRAFT!

We need to give todays kids something to fear. Force them to make decisions they don't have to make right now. They should be given a few options though.

As I see it the gangs, the drugs, the video games and general life style of present day America has ruined the last few generations. They have no discipline, no goals and will probably be the end of us all.

Give them a choice. When they graduate from high school they can go to college, join the peace corp or get their butts drafted into the military.

No more living off mommy and daddy and spending their nights getting stoned and running wild.

If they want to move to Canada, fine. At least they will be forced to take responsability for their own lives.

If they know from their early teens they will have to make a choice at 18 as to how they want to serve their country, and that they won't be able to get out of it, they will start making smarter and more life oriented decisions.

I'm sick of seeing the gangs steal generation after generation of our children.

Bring back the draft!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join