It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'Alarmed' As US Readies April Nuclear Attack On Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Why would the US use nukes in any case?

they would not use nukes. depleted uranium bunker busters perhaps, but no nukes. The preparations we hear about in Saudi Arabia regarding nuclear fallout is not because the US is going to nuke Iran. They're concerned about fallout from destroying the nuclear power plants there. I know I would not be excited about someone threatening to bomb our nuclear power plants here in the US.

I'll believe that we attacked Iran when I see it. That would cause major fecking problems for us. But we have been pumping up the oil reserves lately. Who knows? I've done my time in the service and don't anticipate being called back up but hell if I do oh well -- two tears in a bucket.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterRegal

strange you should say it that way and in that manner............it is called social conditioning. you get used to the idea because of repetitive shouts of war with Iran. one tends to become complacent and unaware of actual dangers. then............................you are caught in the snare.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by musselwhite]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I CAN TELL YOU 100 PERCENT, NO DOUBT, BET MY SOUL ON IT, THAT THERE WILL BE NO ATTACK ON IRAN. This story is crap.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I won't even bother reading all the pages. Research the author "Sorcha Faal". It is a good lesson in how unreliable information on the Internet really is. I'm off to grab the latest edition of the "Weekly World News" as I'm worried about "Batboy".

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor
I'll believe it when I see and not before then.

As if the US would make it known if they were going to use nukes in any attack.

I mean really, think about this, if the US were going to launch a nuclear attack, it is extremely unlikely that anyone would know about it prior to it actually happening.

Oh really.....the US wouldn't outright tell everyone about the nukes.......i got one sentence for those who think they wouldn't:
depleted uranium ammunition in use, by American's in Iraq. this fact has been openly stated by military official's.

depleted uranium is still highly radio-active.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
►Gawd, don't you all read the thread posts
before posting and worrying and/or discussing the
story? The article in question is by hoaxster, fraudmaster,
whatever you want to name it, Sorcha Faal (research
can't even pin down if Sorcha Faal is male or female).

Two Words:

SORCHA FAAL

[edit on 3-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infadel
Oh really.....the US wouldn't outright tell everyone about the nukes.......i got one sentence for those who think they wouldn't:
depleted uranium ammunition in use, by American's in Iraq. this fact has been openly stated by military official's.

depleted uranium is still highly radio-active.

DU is a nasty and poisonious, but it's not a nuclear weapon.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Sorcha Faal. I believe he/she is just riding the wave of popularity that this story is on. Something is going on over there, but I don't think that Sorcha has the inside scoop.

I agree. No nukes. Perhaps, just perhaps, a conventional war.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I have tried to keep a cool head about the rumors of war with Iran,just sticking to the facts. For another take on this story check out this Israeli news site, there are several videos to watch......." Infolive.tv "........This should concern everyone.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum

Originally posted by US Monitor
I'll believe it when I see and not before then.

As if the US would make it known if they were going to use nukes in any attack.

I mean really, think about this, if the US were going to launch a nuclear attack, it is extremely unlikely that anyone would know about it prior to it actually happening.

We Americans don't declare wars

We just kill a #load of people constantly.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by britain is best
if the usa even thought about nuking iran they would
lose all their allies including britain.
they dont need nukes to do the job.

How's that? They both follow orders from the multi nationals.

You're watching a stage show that you believe is real.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by JoeTheThird]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by son of PC

Originally posted by britain is best
if the usa even thought about nuking iran they would
lose all their allies including britain.
they dont need nukes to do the job.

If the real terrorists have nukes, the US might want to draw them out, so they will be used in a battlefield situation. This also would take the pressure off the Israelis. Even one small nuke and poof, a city like Tel Aviv is gone. Do the real terrorists have real nukes? I don't know.

You'll find out just before the draft, and complete collapse of the dollar.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

I'll take your comments to the next level.

Without U.S. tax dollars, russia would be KAPUT!

My comments are brought to by, my reading these books; "from major jordans diary" by geo racey jordan and "the best enemy money can buy" by anthony sutton.

Most headlines are a dog n pony show. And now to appear to contradict myself, I'll agree that something could happen, but the "WHO" we'll be told "did it" versus the real who, who is pulling the strings, will only be figured out by those who have been paying attention to sources other than mass media news and the new york times best seller list, everyone else will buy the spin.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by anti us gov

yea i know what ya mean

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Rectification: "Russian Intelligence Sees U.S. Military Buildup on Iran Border"

by Michel Chossudovsky, Global Research, April 2, 2008

The internet has been quoting an article entitled "Russian Intelligence Sees U.S. Military Buildup on Iran Border" published by RIA Novosti allegedly on March 27, 2008.

The date of this article is mistaken. Information Clearing House posted it on March 29, 2008. The original date of publication by Ria Novosti is March 27, 2007.

In the last few days, this text posted on The Information Clearing House has been considered by several authors and analysts of the Middle East as a bona fide current news item. The article has been quoted profusely in a number of articles, several of which point to an imminent military build-up directed against Iran.

What the authors of these articles have failed to do is to crosscheck the source and date of this Ria Novosti article. Moreover, they have not verified the history of the US-NATO Israeli build-up including the deployment of naval forces in the Persian Gulf and the Eastern Mediterranean.

The article quotes Col-General Leonid Ivashov, vice president of the Russian Academy of Geopolitical Sciences, who stated in March 2007 that "the Pentagon is planning to deliver a massive air strike on Iran's military infrastructure in the near future."

The article also states that: "the USS John C. Stennis, with a crew of 3,200 and around 80 fixed-wing aircraft, including F/A-18 Hornet and Superhornet fighter-bombers, eight support ships and four nuclear submarines are heading for the Gulf, where a similar group led by the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower has been deployed since December 2006."

The fact of the matter is that in late March 2008, the USS John C. Stennis had returned to Naval Base Kitsap in Bremerton, Washington State, arriving on the morning of March 28, 2008, "after five days of sea trials following six months in dry dock." ( seattlepi.nwsource.com... )

The Ria Novosti article was not published on March 27, 2008 but a year earlier on March 27, 2007.

It was posted on the Global Research website on March 28, 2007. It was one among several articles which we published on the US-NATO military build-up in the Persian Gulf and the Eastern Mediterranean.

The US-NATO-Israeli threat to conduct a war directed against Iran is noneless real.

An understanding of this threat cannot be based on an isolated and outdated news item. It requires a historical review and understanding of a complex process.

The military planning as well as the buildup directed against Iran has taken place over a period of more than four years.

In recent developments, which are of significance in assessing US sponsored war plans directed Iran, Israel has been hosting a NATO naval exercise, involving six NATO frigates, which arrived in Haifa on March 31st for a joint drill with Israeli Navy missile boats.

"During the visit, a demonstration of naval capabilities took place, as well as an exchange of information on a range of topics," the Israeli military said in a statement. Israel has been shoring up ties recently with NATO as part of preparations for any future showdown with Iran."

source: www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by esecallum

and sometimes start illegal wars!!!

I'd be very unhappy if I find out a big fat Yank has decided to take it upon himself to start bombing another innocent country.

Sometimes I wish somebody would stand up to you bullying bastards!

Careful, glass and stones come to mind. The British went round the world taking over contries and stripping them of their resources. How do you think we financed the industrial revolution? Do you think we fought the Boers and Zulus in South Africa because we liked the view!?!?!?!?! Did we occupy half of the middle east becasue we liked bulding sand castles?!?!?! Did we send fleets of ships to the Americas because Queen Elizabeth I wanted some new moccasins ?!?!?!

If you look at all the hot spots in the world today the British were there in the past nicking stuff and subjecting the citizens to "our way of life". Sudan, Balkans, Palestine, Jordan, Iran, South Africa, Zimbabwe (Rhodesia), Nigeria, Burma, India+Pakistan (which we partitioned), Afghanistan, the list goes on and on.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I doubt that is going to happen, that site also looks extremely anti-american also.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Coinsidence? I posted an answer (almost 1 hour ago) to the article of bellaciao.org... (link by op), stating that Sorcha Faal is David Booth and also copied the link www.abovetopsecret.com... (link by jsobecky) in this answer and.... boom article no more. How about that? Or just maintenance in the site or technical downfall?
I'm curious

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitris

Good, it looks like that website/news source is ACTUALLY a credible one and took down the article after realizing who authored it. They most likely got duped like many in the past have by the off-his-rocker Sorcha Faker.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by battlestargalactica
reply to post by Dimitris

Good, it looks like that website/news source is ACTUALLY a credible one and took down the article after realizing who authored it. They most likely got duped like many in the past have by the off-his-rocker Sorcha Faker.

It looks like they took it down because it was a year aold.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join