It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda number 2 claims that they do not kill innocents.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Al Qaeda number 2 claims that they do not kill innocents.

news.yahoo.com

CAIRO, Egypt - Al-Qaida No. 2 Ayman al-Zawahri, rejecting criticism of attacks by the terror network's followers that have killed thousands, maintained Wednesday that it does not kill innocent people.

His comment came during a 90-minute audio response that was billed as the first installment of answers to the more than 900 questions submitted on extremist Internet sites by al-Qaida supporters, critics and journalists in December.

"We haven't killed the innocents, not in Baghdad, nor in Morocco, nor in Algeria, nor anywhere else," al-Zawahri said, according to a 46-page English transcript that accompanied the audio message posted on Web sites linked to al-Qaida.

The answer was in response to the question: "Excuse me, Mr. Zawahri, but who is it who is killing with Your Excellency's blessing the innocents in Baghdad, Morocco and Algeria?"

Al-Qaida has claimed responsibility for the Sept. 11 attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people in New York and Washington in 2001, while its affiliates in Iraq, Afghanistan and Algeria regularly set off bombs in crowded urban areas that have taken thousands of lives.

"If there is any innocent who was killed in the mujahedeen's operations, then it was either an unintentional error or out of necessity," al-Zawahri said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Remember back in the interview of Osama Bin Laden in response to the Embassy bombings. He claims it was God's will when asked about the deads of hundreds of Muslims while kill about a dozen Americans. The ends justify the means. Yes it is indeed a necessity to kill innocents to get what you want.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

About 100,000 Iraqi civilians - half of them women and children - have died in Iraq since the invasion, mostly as a result of airstrikes by coalition forces, according to the first reliable study of the death toll from Iraqi and US public health experts.

www.guardian.co.uk...

I know the topic is Al Qaeda claiming they do not kill civilians. But lets face it, the only reason this is news is because everyone is supposed to have their BS alert system go off in their heads and get outraged, further focusing on Al Qaeda being the doomsday enemy of us all.

That's propaganda.

So I took the liberty to post my own.

There is no outrage when 100,000+ innocents die as a result of the United States, but when Al Qaeda just says they don't kill innocents, its major news.

I'm not defending Al Qaeda the idea and illusion, I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy and double standards.

This reminds me of something similar:

Bush: “This country doesn’t torture”

[edit on 4/2/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
There is no outrage when 100,000+ innocents die as a result of the United States, but when Al Qaeda just says they don't kill innocents, its major news.

Have you read many of the threads here. 99% of them bash the US military and the fighting in Iraq every chance they get.

I posted a link to a story about Taliban killing Afghan students. How many replied to that? Zero.

A US Soldier pushes an Iraqi civilian and makes his arm red, and everyone is screaming about atrocities.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
He also just proclaimed "Bin Laden is Alive and well." Not sure if I fully believe that...I don't trust anything our gov has to say, but I'm not sure I trust this dude at all either. He probably hasn't seen or talked to Osama in years. lol

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'd like to see evidence that Al Qaeda even existed physically before it existed subconsciously in Western society. I think once that is established then we can say Al Qaeda has killed "thousands" of innocent people.

But if we can't establish that evidence then whose to say that thousands haven't died because of the spreading of the idea of Al Qaeda?

Can we really conclusively state that Al Qaeda existed physically prior to the 1993 WTC Bombings? Or is it possible that the name Al Qaeda has been used, this phantom organization's views made up and spread as common knowledge, and angry Islamic men and women have taken it upon themselves to spread violence, thus forming a physical Al Qaeda only AFTER the idea was spread?

This seems somewhat off-topic but I don't think it is. I mean, if Al Qaeda doesn't truly exist then how they can kill innocents?

In my opinion, it is the idea of Al Qaeda killing innocents. Not an actual "Al Qaeda" itself. So then we'd have to look back at who started the idea of Al Qaeda....

new topics

top topics

join