It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Their Plan is to Starve us to Death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
People need to start saving food not money. Seriously! What if something big did happen and all your money in the bank is just what it is " paper " then what?
Stock up when you can. Grow a garden and learn to can your food. My question is. Will you be prepared if the ultimate disaster happens? I have a big family to feed and believe me when I say, my wife and I stock extra every time just to be safe. But as far as this NWO stuff? I'm not convinced that this is the future and I refuse to believe it just because it's been theorized. But I still believe in being prepared for the worse. Survival sounds better than spending all your money on material and technical crap.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Starve us to death hey lol
What a joke, you can hunt for your own food you can grow your own food.
You can goto to Safeway, Superstore, Walmart, Zellers, Corner Stores 7-11's etc No shortage of foods?

what planet are you living on?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm in Virginia and the food prices are going up here, hubby came in just the other day, he does all of the grocery shopping, and he told me the margarine we had been buying 2, 1 lb blocks for .89 was now a dollar per block and that cost went up in a two week period. Of course everything else had gone up too.

We can blame it on global warming, the high fuel prices, but the bottom line is that our large and small farms were sold off to large companies like conagra and other corporations and the small farmer is a thing of the past.

Whereas in the past the farmer had little control of the market because he was one little guy trying to make a living, these corporations have a lot of control over us and our food supply and also over the fools in D.C. they basically own most of them anyway.

Wonder why milk is 3-4.00 a gallon, it is because the government paid dairy farmers not to raise dairy stock and to shut down their small dairies.

What controls the market is supply and demand, cut down the supply and they can charge more and get richer while we struggle just to buy food. One can say that we can plant a garden and that is true if you have the land, the know how and the seeds, but they also control the seed supply too, they have also drastically changed some of them.

If we are smart we will start trying to find heirloom seed and then start saving them and supplying friends and family with them and teach them more about what is going on. We will also start trying to support the farmers we have left.

Also notice their trying to take our guns, maybe we need to realize it is not about keeping us safe, it is about keeping themselves safe when we start to realize the truth, hungry people with guns might be a problem, so they are seeking to get rid of the guns.

Funny thing, in my younger naive days I used to be for gun control, then one day I woke up and realized those ******** did not care about my safety, it was their own they were worried about, they wanted people like me, not to have any means of self defense. People who were smarter back in those days kept screaming, but the constitution says we can have the right to bear arms, and few listened or realized how important the constitution was, now the folks in Washington are wiping their butts on it and walking all over our rights.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
With the food riots now starting, this plan to starve us to death doesn't seem too far off.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

" People need to start saving food not money "

You sure nailed it with that comment. Too bad, that like other things people don't see or ASSUME COULD NEVER HAPPEN in the USA, this too will be laughed at by the uninformed, until it's too late.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by toasted]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
*Crosses fingers, prays, meditates on compassion*

When will someone with power get it into their heads to create those vast underground vegetable plantations i mentioned about a month ago?

edit; unless of course, as the OP his hypothesising, they don't want to.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
Starve us to death hey lol
What a joke, you can hunt for your own food you can grow your own food.
You can goto to Safeway, Superstore, Walmart, Zellers, Corner Stores 7-11's etc No shortage of foods?

what planet are you living on?

The joke will be on you when you wake up from your slum(ber) and realise to starve us doesn't mean to remove food from the stores ( some people need it spelt out to them ) all they have to do is make the price so far out of reach...you starve. The means they have done this is to encourage farmers to grow corn for fuel and not food.

This has been done all over the world and other crops such as wheat, oats and barley which are basically staple base foods to make bread and pasta have been discouraged by huge subsidies paid to growers of bio fuel crops.

I'll spell it to those who need everything put into simplistic terms....food shortage = price hikes and we aint seen nothing yet, we are only 2 years into the bio fuel crops and imagine a 10 year hit of continuing price increases for food due to continued shortages not to mention the US dollar buying less....you get the picture ?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
You cannot grow tomatos from seeds which you simply closet away the year before.

The reason being is that there is a coating which needs to break down by bacterial action before it can sprout. If you want to store seeds from one season to the next, put the tomato on a paper coffee filter and let it rot.
When it dry's out, store the filter for next year.

Many people believe hybrids cannot reproduce, some can, some cannot.
For a number of reasons, flavor and nutrition being the top, the Heirloom are the best. I very much agree with you!

Not having been Gen Modded is another fine reason.

Interesting info.
You're right on the some hybrids reproducing and some do not, but from what I understand what you may get is another hybrid that combines features from a couple of different species.

I'm going to try and start tomatoes and a few other things next season from seeds that have been stored away in their original packets along with drying some tomato and chili seeds.

So far I have eleven different tomato types planted and all but one look like they're doing ok.
All but three started from seed around the first of March and planted in the garden about two weeks ago.

Funny part is, the one plant that doesn't seem to be making it is Sweetie's favorite, Romas.
I'm going to give it another week and see whats up and if necessary go get a plant thats well started at the nursery.

Gotta have Romas for Italian cooking - which she does and I do the Mexican style cooking.

Her stuff, gourmet delights, mine . . . hunting camp cooking, but no ones turned it down.

I couldn't find it during a quick run through of my favorites yesterday, but there are some tricks to drying tomato seed.
I'll do a little more looking.

Here's the real funny part, Zuchinni, right behind radishes has to be the easiest veggie of all to grow.
The radishes are doing ok, but the zukes - two different brands and styles, one the ever common Burpee seeds at 97 cents and one organic wonder at three bucks per packet - like you'd think, the organics didn't make it in this alkaline Arizona soil (which has been amended with organics) but the Burpee 97 cent wonders are doing ok.

To be fair, the organics all died out a few weeks after the planting from seed trays, but there are some tiny green leafs coming up.

We'll see, I'll let you know how the zukes do and next year if the last years seeds sprout I'll let you know about that as well....

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join