It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Sues 'Anti-Christian' Teacher Over Remarks in Class

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Fox new reports:
A student and his family have filed a federal lawsuit demanding that a popular European history teacher at California's Capistrano Valley High School be fired for what they say were anti-Christian remarks he made in the classroom.

Chad Farnan, a 16-year-old sophomore, says the teacher, James Corbett, told his students that “Jesus glasses” obscure the truth and suggested that Christians are more likely than other people to commit rape and murder.

Here is the link to the full story:Fox News

[edit on 2-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Now I am not a christian myself, but this is outrageous. Where were the parents? Why was this going on in the first place? Were his remarks taken out of context? I don't know.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

What do you mean "where were his parents"? Were they supposed to be in the classroom too? Anyway, it says the boy and his family are filing a lawsuit. So I guess his parents are there.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

No I mean where were the parents in general. Why didn't anyone else complain to their parents? If his remarks were not taken out of context, then why didn't anyone else come forward to their parents or whoever and file suit?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

I must be missing something again.

Wrong thread-wrong answer.

I need to know what was said i guess before i can jump in here and state an opinion.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by dgtempe]

[edit on 2-4-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Read the article. Aparently he said alot of horrible things. I am not saying it was taken out of context, in fact I believe it wasn't, but I am still skeptical. I guess there is a tape recording of it.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Typical....people are all for free speech until someones doesnt like anothers opinion and does something stupid like suing. Seriously if he has problems with religious views from people in public schools, then he should attend a private school or deal with it. Religious people here, (not that I agree with their views, being an atheist), put up with more BS, yet they haven't sued ATS.

I dont think religion is the cause here, just someone being a pathetic little whinger who finds the slightest things offensive

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Jesus-glasses. Now that is funny.
Was it a religious private school?
Is Christianity beyond reproach?

Religion; any religion tends to obsure many things. Though I doubt this is worthy of being a Federal lawsuit. Purely conjecture on my part.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
There is definitely something wrong with some Christians. They think they have a get out of hell free card and act contrary to their savior because they think they're untouchable.

top topics

join