It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Atheist Thrashing Service

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

You said you know me and that I'm an atheist.

You apparently weren't aware of what an agnostic was. I just figured I'd show you.

Like you said, "Know thy enemy". Sad that you'd define me that way, but tis the way it is.

It just surprises me that you wonder why people react towards you the way they do.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

LoL!

I said opponent which is different then enemy.
Enemy infers a certain level of animosity I do not feel you warrant.

Say what you want. I see what I see.
And considering the fact I was once agnostic I am rather keenly aware as to what an agnostic is.
And in you I see you saying your one thing then going on representing a completely different position as I have pointed out.

As for the rest. *chuckles* I don't give in til proven wrong or at least an agreement to agree to disagree is struck. Which you have not done., just constant revision and attempts at obfuscation and loads of assumption about me.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I have said nothing about you. It's the other way around, buddy.

You keep claiming to know about me, and yet you've shown that you just didn't know what an agnostic can be. All agnostic means is that I am not 100% sure.

That means I can be 99% sure there is no God, and still not be atheist (though I wouldn't put myself that far - maybe 70%).

So quit saying I'm attacking you. I have said nothing about you. I don't care about your opinions on God, and I certainly don't care what you think I am.

I only agree to disagree when the other person's argument holds weight. Your definition of me is ignorant.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Erm think you need to reread that post.
Your arguing against things I didn't say, in that post at least.

I said your an opponent which is not saying enemy. Sure to some there is no difference but I acknowledge the difference and use the words accordingly.
You said I said you were my enemy. And I said that infers a certain amount of animosity that I feel you do not warrant. Considering I have no animosity towards you.

And like I said. Believe whatcha want. Say your a purple tailed monkey bat for all i care. Just pointing out your stance and your claimed label are in disharmony.

Now Agnostic Atheist like madness. (which is of course a perfectly acceptable belief to have)
I'd believe based on your stances and statements.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

LoL!!!!!!
In the big scheme of things both sides are more alike then they care to admit.
The extremes of both sides are committed to convincing everyone else they are right. Both sides have a belief with very precious little beyond that to back that up. Both sides believe they are persecuted, which I find kinda funny. Both sides would do well to learn the meaning of "live and let live".

Well I know this was pointed out a number of times by both ash and myself in the gullibility thread. I would also say they ARE both persecuted and have said so in threads like this www.abovetopsecret.com...
where the meaning of live and let live really counts.

I may not like it but let it be known, I don't discriminate against it merely because I disagree with it like some Atheists and some Christians do

Those Atheists and Christians,,

know who they are.

- Con

[edit on 3-5-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Nice post (the one you linked to).

I knew I would agree as soon as I read the first two sentences.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
hooray, so now baseless, bigoted jokes about atheists that are simply there to demonstrate who you think they're stupid in your profile are entirely kosher!

o, you don't believe me?
i have ze evidence

from conspriology's profile

Comment from: Conspiriology on: 4/30/08 @ 10:45 AM
Well there was an American Christian Astronaut and a Russian Atheist Cosmonaut. Both were arguing about who was better.

The Atheist Cosmonaut said: We Russians were the first to put a satelite in space

The Christian Astronaut said: We Americans were the first to land on the moon!

The Atheist Cosmonaut said: Russia will be the first to land on the SUN!

The Christian Astronaut said: WTF! dude are you crazy! You'll burn up!

The Atheist Cosmonaut said: We atheists know much more about Science then you silly xians and we aren't as dumb as you think. We will land there at night!

now, if i reversed things and made it about christians being stupid, i would probably get temporarily post banned and severely warned....

this was just "looked into" and nothing was done about it

hmm
nope, nothing to see here.

it's apparently also ok to randomly tell atheists to find jesus in threads where it's completely off topic. i mean, i can understand it if it's in a thread about why christianity is awesome and an atheist intrudes, but in a thread that isn't about such stuff it just doesn't make sense and comes off as more than a bit rude.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Holy Cow, Child. Grow some thicker skin.

Or check out Melatonin's Profile. [Edit due to Wraith's comment below me: Or check out your own profile- it has the same stuff as Mel's, almost exactly].

Either option will help you get over being so offended.

[edit on 5/11/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Ummm in all fairness, both sides do that, with annoying frequency.
Your own profile contains a fair amount of offensive/derogatory material when last I checked.
Though the cat ones are cute and kinda offensive to them.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

this was just "looked into" and nothing was done about it

I guess making fun of faith in nothing amounts to nothing and thus nothing was done about it.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

At least he knows that when you die you'll go no where! That will teach you!!

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

reply to post by AshleyD

...the lolcats aren't calling anyone stupid. in fact, the only thing they make fun of is a specific and particularly fraudulent form of christianity in which people are exploited by their "pastors" to give them money
i'm quite sure that people here on ats that are christians frown upon this practice as much as mel and i do...

reply to post by Bigwhammy

how do i "make fun of" faith?
i may point out why i don't believe it, but i don't make fun of it

and the line is crossed when it's talking about atheists instead of atheism
say what you will about the position, but leave the people out of it
i don't say people are inherently stupid for believing in god and i would never make such a broad assertion about so many people (including my two best friends and my girlfriend...)

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Mad?? why get mad? I wasn't making atheists, I merely poking fun at the cosmonaut who thinks he can land on the sun at night.

You simply cannot connect that to Atheism because they werent landing on the sun in the name of atheism

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
madness seems to avoid criticism of atheists like wars he says weren't done in the name of atheism so Ill just use his brand of teflon and say this was not making fun of atheists because the aren't landing on the sun in the name of Atheism

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Just to bump this rant, since I've become active again, did the site affirm the equality of atheist and non-theists explicitly, or did this all just get swept under the rug?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

First off allow me to apologize to you on behalf of the christians on ATS/BTS.I too have noticed increased hostility between the christian and athiest factions here on ATS and BTS.I believe both sides are guilty but we christians are supposed to know better and act better than we do.We are supposed to be an example and yet we bicker and fight and cuss.We have sadly become hypocrites and pharisees.I believe christians have forgotten one of the most important lessons Jesus taught us ''Do unto others as you would have them do unto you''and ''love your neighbor as yourself''.We are all Gods children and apart of His family whether we are christian or athiest or muslim.We should all treat each other with respect and courtesy because we were all created equal.Once again i apologize for the what some of the christians have said or done to you.God bless you

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
I'm sorry, but as an atheist on ATS who has been here for a long time and contributed much with very little in the way of warnings and misbehavior (and that was when I was still new), I am appalled that people who have outright crossed the line repeatedly on ATS have yet to be sanctioned

and i've noticed that all of these instances have been when christians have attacked atheists. i have had my sexual identity called into question by someone and the comment didn't receive a warn and wasn't edited out

there are now 60+ page threads that are essentially devoted to ignorant, tag-team atheist bashing. there's absolutely no mod protection for atheists now.

ever since the most prominent member of the atheist community on ATS...well, disappeared under controversial circumstances, to put it lightly (i think i might be censored if i put the truth about it here), things have gone downhill. there's nothing here to support us and we feel like upping and leaving to a place where people have actually decided to value the denial of ignorance instead of shunning it in place of tag team bashing.

If you can't take the heat get out of the fire. I'm sure you could have found plenty of atheism conspiracy forums in the time it took you to compose this thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

and i've noticed that all of these instances have been when christians have attacked atheists. i have had my sexual identity called into question by someone and the comment didn't receive a warn and wasn't edited out

there are now 60+ page threads that are essentially devoted to ignorant, tag-team atheist bashing. there's absolutely no mod protection for atheists now.

Ma dai!
You're the one who started a thread inviting us to bash you! (I declined to participate in bashing, and stated why, and guess what? I got ignored with extreme prejudice by the atheists.
A Christian who doesn't bash you, you don't want to know about.
Your mods who won't protect you (diddums) jumped on me with both feet for upsetting a couple of atheist people on one thread.
(I mentioned gays, it seems. Heaven only knows what I actually did say, because the mods did as these 2 asked and took my posts off before even I could read them!)
I just read yet another moan from another atheist who feels himself to be picked on. Surely we have enough already?
Vicky
edit on 15/2/11 by Vicky32 because: To add something...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterl1fe

posted on 3/4/08

That's when I started this thread. And honestly, nobody of any group should have to stand violation of the terms and services of ATS. This is not a religious website, it's not an atheist website, it's a website for anyone who follows the rules.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

*ahem*

posted on 3/4/08

That's when I started this thread. My problem wasn't with attacks on atheists but flagrant mod dismissal of attacks on individuals as kosher.

I started the 'attack atheists' thread because of the large number of threads devoted to attacking atheists cropped up at once and thought it would just be a lot easier for everyone if we just found everything in one thread. So long as people are following the terms and services, I'm not bothered.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join